South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default Amounts allowed of cheese and also beans

I have researched so many diets I think I get them confused with one another. I want to go on SB and am getting plans together. What I don't remember for sure is if you are limited to how much cheese you can have per day; and also, beans (such as navy, great northern, etc.)

I know it must be in the book somewhere but I am having difficulty finding it. Sometimes they list a food as "allowed" and then later on in the book it will say allowed only in certain amounts each day.

Thank you so much for your help. I sure want to do this thing right and certainly appreciate this forum. A lot of my questions have been answered here.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

ElizabethMO! You can have an unlimited amount of protein (e.i. cheese and beans) each day, but keep in mind, you don't want to overdo it. You must keep your calories below 3500 a day to lose weight. Check out our FAQ Section, there's a wealth of good information in there.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #3  

Thank you! This is quite an adventure. So far today I do not feel hungry. I had two eggs and sausage, with V8 juice for breakfast. Then a cheese stick for snack. I am getting ready to prepare lunch; a salad with cut up turkey. My problem will be in the evening because that is when I always crave the carbs.

I cannot help but notice that you and I have a great deal in common. I am also 5'1", I now weigh 159. You are certainly to be commended for your loss thus far. You deserve a real pat on the back.

I hope you are not snowed in today, I am hearing about some real snow storms out your way.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, Elizabeth.

Carb cravings can be allayed by eating legumes and dairy in the evening. Remember this is a GOOD carb plan, not a low carb one. Be sure to check out the Revised Phase I Food List in the FAQ Section.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'3"

Is South beach a better plan or is ww a better plan?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, since this is the South Beach Forum, we obviously all think this is the better plan. Weightwatchers is also good. See the write-up on the home page.

There is also a write-up on South Beach here and lots of information in the FAQ Section of this SBD Forum.

The bottom line is that any diet will work if you follow it!
Old 03-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'3"

The reason I was afraid to try SB was I thought it was a low carb diet and I need carbs in my diet. It was your comment about it being a good carb plan that picqued my interest.
Thanks for the info I will research both of them
Old 03-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #8  

Well, son-a-gun! Only one day of the diet and I weighed two lbs. less this morning...lol. Can't believe this, must be a fluke somewhere. Of course, weight always varies day by day, but I thought it was nice that it chose this morning to be lower.

Thanks for all your help. I am on my way to the grocery store today.

Ruth, thank you for the tip about legumes and dairy in the evening. It certainly makes sense so they are on my menu today.
Closed Thread