South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #16  
Sue

Just a note about the green beans. I had them for a snack yesterday. They were so good!!!!! It took mine longer than 30 minutes. I baked them an extra 12 minutes. All ovens cook different. I also stirred them around at the 30 minute point. I also salted them after I took them from the oven. I also read where some people like to dip them in ranch dressing. They make a great snack.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

I like this forum as we are talking mostly about foods dos and don'ts..
I cooked the Fried Swimp Califlower and DH and I both loved it...This week I made it with left over chicken...I think 1/2 head would be better as it sure makes a lot...

Going to check out the new recipe for Breakfast food..

Have a good day and lets all hang in there.. Lu
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good ideas in here!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #19  
Chunky Dunker

S/C/G: 252.8/tick-tick-tickerrrr/215

Height: 5'6"

Hey! Another Leslie (Lesley!) And both of us have cute little green signatures ! Sorry-- just thought that was fun !
Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

hey guys i'm restarting phase one... ugh i am too embarrassed to change my ticker but lets just say i gained a lot!! i officially hop back on the wagon in 22 minutes- haha!

it all started by one pancake dinner with friends... since then its been one downhill ride- gosh! it upsets me because i exercise so much but it doesnt show because i'm back to eating like a pig!

phase one for life! haha joke but phase one works the best for me so i might just do it for the rest of this month and then see where i am...
Old 03-09-2007, 03:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 230/229/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! I just started Phase 1 for the first time on Monday! Great Recipe's I have seen on here so far!!! Good Luck everyone!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

Jennimarie and Hi to Rockinroll!
You chickies will be just fine. There's a good spirit in this group.
Now to get through the weekend!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #23  
Sue

Good Morning Newbies!! My first weigh in is this coming Monday. I can't wait!! I am baking this morning. Phase 1 SB recipes. Bean brownies and Make Believe Bread. Yum!! Last night I made the taco bake. You use re fried beans on the bottom, add the mixture of beef, (I used turkey meat) seasonings, onions, garlic, peppers, etc.....then you top it with shredded lettuce, FF sour cream, cheese, and sauce. It really hit the spot! Everyone have a great Friday!!!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 11:21 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

If you can't find good refried beans (no bad fats), make your own by zapping a drained and rinsed can of beans and adding some chili powder. I've done it with kidney, black and canelli and it works fine.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 PM   #25  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I am going back to PI for a few days. I was losing good but really fell off the wagon the last few days. A good cleanse won't hurt.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks Ruth

I'm taking responsibility with my weight gain so i updated the ticker... and the 9.5 lb gain. I am personally changing my March goal to 10 pounds... i know its a long shot but i'm sure my weigh in today was slightly affected by my pig out last out (water retention)

So far so good! Day 1
Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #27  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hi guys

I started ph 1.5 on Ash weds and went off this past weds. (2 weeks). Since I have already been on SB since Oct. I only lost around 5 lbs. At least I know that it was not water. I say that I did ph 1.5 because I did eat a grapefruit every morning. In addition I must confess I did cheat a couple of times, 5 fries and 2 fishsticks. This past Weds. night I actually had a white roll-that was all they had to offer- and I was starving!

I am happy with the weight loss. I am not going to worry about the 'cheats' because this is life and stuff happends. The important thing I am learning is that I can climb right back up and keep moving forward which is what I intend to do.

For those of you just starting or re-starting keep up the good work. Your doing great!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #28  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

kmy68 Your bathing suit in the fridge---How funny and what a bright idea! Maybe I should put my whole wardrobe in there
Old 03-10-2007, 02:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 180

Height: 5'7

Default New here

Hi. I am new here but not new to SB. I was on it last summer after DD #2 was born and I did well but I fell off the wagon when I went back to work in Sept. I am a high school teacher and the goodies in the teacher's room were my downfall.
I am recommited now. I plan to start p1 on Monday. I just have to do some grocery shopping tomorrow. I am definitely someone that needs support and I hope to find it here. It seems like a great place and I can't wait to meet you all.

Some info about me. I turn 30 this year. 2 girls ages 3 and almost 1. My SW is 180 and I ultimately hope to reach 135. I have multiple sclerosis but it doesn't affect me physically in any signigicant way. It just depresses me sometimes.

My prob is that I don't really know how to eat well. As a teenager and in college I could eat anything and stay between a size 4 and an 8 without even thinking about it. Not anymore. Besides... hubby is an awesome cook and loves to treat me to my favorites.

Wish me luck!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:36 PM   #30  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I am off to the grocery store so I can actually do PI. Amazed how much food I do not have in the house.
Closed Thread