3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Floating Away Friday (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/106069-floating-away-friday.html)

cottagebythesea 03-02-2007 07:07 AM

Floating Away Friday

:rain: :rain: :rain: Oh boy, is it ever raining! And the combination of the rain and warm temperatures is making the snow melt, resulting in severe flooding! :yikes: I just heard on the radio that Audrey's school is closed because of the flooding, so there goes my morning off. :( At least I'm feeling a little better today.

Ruthxxx 03-02-2007 07:15 AM

And from 7 hours north of Cottage, we have ice pellets but no flooding! The Girls have been out and came back all crusty! Our power is flickering off and on so I'll be back later. Stay safe!

annarenee 03-02-2007 07:51 AM

Well, here's the trifecta....it's snowing here! :)

Everyone stay dry and warm!

Things are still a little hetic here...xbf moved his large furniture last night and I didn't get to bed until 11.30 (again). Tonight after work, I am coming home and napping. He still has a bunch of stuff here that he is moving Saturday. So hopefully then all his stuff will be gone and I can start re-arranging.

I have got to run. I need to be at work on time at least one day this week :lol3:

I'll check in later.

:hug:

Ruthxxx 03-02-2007 08:22 AM

"a trifecta is a parimutuel bet in which the bettor must predict which horses will finish first, second, and third in exact order" You made me look it up, Annarenee! I hope XBF gets the rest of his stuff out this weekend so you can get on with your life. I hope you make it to work on time today.

Schools are closed here too, Cottage. A good day to stay home and do crafts. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better but sorry you missed your "day off".

We are really iced over. The crust of ice on the snow is so thick I can walk on it without going through. And that's just on the deck! I am going to dig out my Yak Tracks before I do any walking out there. (I want to cut some curly willow for the flower arrangements.) Aside from that and the vet trip, I intend to stay indoors today. The east windows of the house are coated with ice and look like frosted glass. A good day to cozy in!

AdiaFaith 03-02-2007 08:53 AM

Good morning ladies. I'm stuck here waiting for the Fedex man to deliver my new title. Apparently an adult MUST sign for it....who knew I was an adult?!? This means I may have to miss classes for the 3rd time this week! ARGGHH!! :mad:

In other news, it's not snowing here, but you girls did frighten me into checking out the weather channel. It's going to rain here today, but that's nothing new. We still have a great deal of snow on the ground, but it's been melting SLOWLY. Fingers crossed for those in troubled areas. :crossed:

So while I'm waiting away, I'm working on the bridal shower menu I've put together. It was supposed to be in April, but since the bride moved from NY to AZ for a new job, we had to change to March 23rd! :dizzy: Menu is done, I'm working on the grocery list and budget.

Got Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason audiobook on the TV. Nice to not have the hubby home to complain about it this morning! :D

soon2Bfab 03-02-2007 10:54 AM

Morning all. Quickie this morning.....I have to book the chapel, mail my taxes, laundry, and clean (we're having company tonight) while I have a terrible ear ache. I woke up w/ it & it's down the side of my jaw even. Grr!
Sarah - I love planning showers, baby & bridal. I always have to check myself though w/ the budget part.
Ruthie - morning - hope your power stays on.
Anna - hopefullthe x will get his stuff soon so you can move on. Have fun at work
Cottage, we have flooding here in MI too - no fun, but it beats ice.
Gotta go, I just adpoted a new kitty & my 2 fur babies are not getting along yet. Several hisses & growling....thank goodness both kitties are just talk!

Kelly J 03-02-2007 01:19 PM

Hi chicks! Struggling through the day here. Didn't get my snacks/meals made last night, so I'm trying to make do with what I have here at work.

Soon - hope you feel better!
Sarah - no snow here either - The ice & snow pretty much missed us yesterday, we got lucky.
Anna - hope you made it work on time. I feel like I'm always 5 minutes late!
Ruth - I hope you keep your power today.
Cottage - Keep feeling better & don't float away!

Going to finish up my deposit and head out to the bank - Have a good weekend chicks!

beachgal 03-02-2007 02:24 PM

Lots of rain here--I'm just north of Cottage (Hi, Cottage! :wave: ) and we have the same weather...and the same flooding concerns! I think it was conditions like this that caused the big flood here in the 70s, so it always scares me, though we have great dykes now and lots of protection. There's a huge pond at the end of my street, though! Lots of water and ice everywhere. I'm staying inside!!!

Ruth, is curly willow hard to grow? Is it more a bush or tree? I'm really interested in growing one...I love how they look in arrangements! Will you take a picture of the arrangements you make so we can see? (hint, hint...)

Sarah, so sorry that you have to miss classes again! That's awful!!! :(

Wow, Anna...breaking up is hard enough...having to deal with all that on top of it sounds really hard! :hug: Hope it's over soon and you can make your place yours again! :D

Soon, so sorry about the earache! Will you go see the doctor? Be careful...ear infections are nothing to mess with! My mom ignored one for a while and ended up partly deaf in that ear. :eek: Take care of yourself, okay? :hug:

Me: Started the morning with a massage...I used a gift cert that my old work gave me when I left almost two years ago!!! ;) I haven't done much since then...so I need to get cracking, eat lunch and get some calls in before I get dinner ready. Have a great afternoon everyone! :sunny:

Barb0522 03-02-2007 03:33 PM

Ruth - Could you or one of the other mods sticky the March Exercise Challenge when you get a chance? Thanks!

Sounds like the flooding and weather is nasty in much of the country. Send some of that rain our way, please. We are still in a stage 3 drought even though we have gotten some rain this weekend.

I'm at an all day scouting thing tomorrow for Wood Badge and then I get a break and we are all getting together with our families for a potluck. This way our families can meet and see who we have been spending all our time with. ;) I'm making a whole wheat veggie lasagna with some very lean ground beef mixed in. That way I know there will be an entree that I like that I can eat. Since I won't be able to exercise tomorrow, I told DH that I was stopping on the way home tonight at the gym. I AM going to get back into the habit and get this BP back lower again.

JaimePhan 03-02-2007 03:41 PM

Wow, it is 65 and sunny here in Richmond, VA! We have had only 2 days of flurries so far, but I am not complaining. :)

Soon-please get checked out. Sometimes, you get an earache from something much more serious than an ear infection, like a rotton tooth or a bad throat infection. Good luck to you!

Anna-ugh, what a bummer. You seem to be handling it well though, so kudos and cheers to you!

Beachgal-I am SOOOOOOOO jealous of your massage. Get a shoulder squeezed for me next time, ok? ;)

Happy beachin'! I have been POP today (and for 5 weeks, I might add :D), but friends are coming in town tonight, so I plan on going over my wine allowance. Oh well; could be worse! :)

Stinger 03-02-2007 09:45 PM

Beachgal massages are the bomb! Wish I could have one everyday.

Soon the earache may also be a sinus infection. I agree with getting it checked out. Hope you feel better soon.

Barb have fun. family time is a blessing.

Jaimie 65 degrees sounds great about now. We got a touch of good but rainy weather here but I heard it will get cold again.

Me I finally dropped that 1 lb that I had been struggling with. I hope it's gone for good. Tonight we went to a buffet for dinner. I actually stayed O.P. no bread, sweets...I was good for once. I filled up on meat, vegies, and crab legs---yum yum. I even worked out for 1 hour and 15 mins. througout the day.

Tomarrow I am meeting my mom for her birthday. I told her to eat at home then we'd go shopping. That way I won't be tempted and neither will she.

Have a great evening everyone.