South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  
I am the Lizard Queen...

S/C/G: 187/178/152

Height: 5'8"

Default Crazy Period

Hi All,

I am on my second week of phase 1, and on my 5th day of my period, which is killing me. My flow is super heavy and I am soooo crampy. This is not normal for me!! Did anyone notice their period change when their eating habits changed? Is this normal??
Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I noticed a difference, but it was the opposite of what you are experiencing. I also got my period my second week of Phase 1-I had NO cramps, which is very strange for me. Usually, I am home for a day because of the excruciating pain. I also wasn't as...well, b****y. Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Eating habits most definitely affect menstrual cycles. When I first came off a strict diet of fruits, veggies, and grains (after 3 years of it), my period came earlier and sometimes twice a month.

I visited my doctor and she told me that this had to do with many factors. The largest being stress and diet.

Talk to your doctor if you are worried, but stick to the plan and things should settle out.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:22 PM   #4  
Groovin 4 a small planet

S/C/G: 2002: 205/129 Now: 155/144/125

Height: 5'4

That's true. During my first weightloss journey (I lost 75 pounds way too quick by becoming obsessed and crazy; I put back on 25 and am now batting my last 20) I actually lost my period for about 3 months. I sure didn't miss her, though!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #5  

I'm glad someone else brought this up... I haven't had mine in 5 and a half weeks now? I was never very regular before, but I don't ever recall skipping one. Don't worry, there's -no- chance that I could be pregnant... so I reckon it's just my body adjusting to a 1400 cal diet and an hour of exercise each day.
Closed Thread