South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #1  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

HI All!

Busy Busy Weekend! But Not one Cheat!

Today is day 13 on plan. And I am feeling great!! I am planning to head to the gym a bit later today!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #2  

Karen, I'm so excited for you and yet I'm terribly jealous. Today is day 8 for me and I had a very tough weekend. There have been a few really tough days. Chinese New Year really did me in. I didn't have too much, but unfortunately, P1 is really an all or nothing plan. I still felt good when I got home, but it wasn't really P1. I'm thinking of extending P1 another week since I seem to skip to P1.5 every few days.

Wishing everyone a great week on Phase 1!!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, Karen! Weekends are hard for everyone.

KMY, you just had to mention Chinese Food! It's my weakness and I know how hard it is to resist. Lots of water this week will help.

I've been away and have not had time to read through last week's Phase I Thread but new chicks! Post Phase I questions, menus, etc., here but also join us on the Daily Chat thread where we talk about other stuff besides our diets and get to know each other better.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM   #4  

Okay gals, I have a question. How do you handle hanging on the beach when the rest of the family isn't even near the shore? My family loves pasta, rice, fruit, and I do know that P2 allows this stuff in moderation, but you have to add it slowly. Valentines day on P1 was hard, but baking the cookies and dipping them in pink chocolate was harder. Today I made muffins and bananna bread for the kids to bring to school for snacks. How do you handle baking and basically, life in general, living with people who obviously aren't on the beach. I would really appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #5  

kmy68 - I've converted my family to SB acceptable version of many things. They really enjoy whole wheat pasta. We use Uncle Ben's converted rice, whole wheat bread and rolls. I just buy two different types of tortillas when something calls for it. In phase 2, fresh fruit is fine in moderation (at least most types). Then I make sure there are lots of veggies that I like so I might have a small portion of rice but I might mix steamed chopped cabbage into mine. This works real well with dishes with sauces that are served over the rice. There are acceptable recipes for muffins. There is one I used to make but it is so good that it is hard for me to be careful of how much I eat so I don't make it often.

I also make sure that I keep snacks that DH and Brian like that I don't - things like salty snacks that don't tempt me. They eat partly on plan but not totally.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #6  

Barb, thanks for the ideas. I think P2 will be much easier on me.

I have noticed that I'm not 'hungry' very often. Normally, food would be literally calling me from the cabinets, and it just hasn't been that way. I had a little slip up with some muffins yesterday. Afterwards, I had something healthy and on plan, then I didn't eat again, and had to remember to have dinner. What a strange event. I NEVER forget to eat. I'm usually living in the fridge. I guess this detox stuff really works. Its pretty amazing. I am finding that if I start 'picking' something out of a serving bowl, the 'hand to mouth' has trouble stopping but I think that's more habit than want or need. I am definitely getting excited.
Closed Thread