South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #1  

Default SB Tiramisu anyone??

Has anyone come across a Tiramisu SB recipe? Im craving it ...so yummmmmmmmy
EmmyandDomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Now i have never tried this but its the closest thing i could find

Vanilla Bean Cake (Base for Tiramisu)

1 15 oz. can canelli beans or other white bean (drained & rinsed)
4 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
1/2 cup Splenda
1 tsp. baking powder
2Tbsp smart beat spread or oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1 vanilla bean, scraped (vanilla bean caviar)
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350.

Prepare an 8x8-baking pan by spraying it with Pam. (I place a square of parchment in the bottom of the pan and spray it with Pam to make it easier to remove the cake)

Blend the egg yolks, Splenda, baking powder, Smart Beat spread (or oil), vanilla extract, vanilla bean caviar and salt in a blender or with a stick blender. Add the rinsed and drained beans and puree until smooth. Transfer the bean mixture to a bowl if using a blender. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt in a separate bowl with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Mix in 1/3 of the egg whites into the bean mixture with a spatula to lighten the bean mixture. Fold in the remaining egg whites in two portions with a spatula. It's ok if some white streaks remain in the batter. Pour the batter into 8x8 glass pan sprayed with Pam. Tap the pan on the counter a couple of times to release any air pockets. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing.

Makes 16 2"x2" servings.
Tiramisu

1 recipe of Vanilla Bean Cake (baked and cooled, sliced into 1x2 inch fingers)
1/2 cup strong black coffee or espresso
2 ounces (shots) Sugar Free Coffee Syrup or Coffee Liqueur (like Kahlua)
2 cups mascarpone cheese, available in specialty cheese case of supermarket (can substitute low fat cream cheese)
1/4 Splenda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Paint the cake fingers with coffee combined with the sugar free coffee syrup using a pastry brush. Line 4 martini glasses with a single layer of ladyfingers, letting the cakes overlap a bit at the stem. Press the cakes down a bit to fit the lines of the glass. Beat cheese and Splenda together 2 or 3 minutes. Spoon sweetened mascarpone into glasses. Top glasses off with a cap of the ladyfingers. Use any remaining mascarpone to dot the cake finger tops and sprinkle each glass with cocoa powder combined with a touch of cinnamon.

Makes 4 desserts
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #3  

Yummy Im going to try it this weekend .. Thank you
EmmyandDomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:20 PM   #4  

No problem! Make sure to tell us if its good
Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM   #5  

Yes please do! The rules for posting recipes in the forum calls for it to be tried by someone and include serving sizes.(nutritional info is very helpful too) So if it's a keeper let us know and I'll move the thread over to the recipe section.
Just so folks know...We ran into instances where folks posted recipes that looked delicious but tasted and others where the folks followed the directions but the dish didn't turn out the way it was supposed to (e.g., lumpy,runny, didn't puff up etc) resulting in loss of $$ and time, and bummed chefs!
Then we had recipes that were HEAVENLY, but the calories in one serving was just not doable. We had a recipe for I think a PB cookie... One small cookie was near 250 calories and really, who can eat just 1 cookie?

so we put in these guideline/rules
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #6  

like i said i have not tried it but the place i got it had pretty good reviews... then again so does the chocolate bean cake and i thought that was horrible!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #7  

true true rocknroll ...if a recipe gets mixed reviews on this site... we keep it..to each thy own as they say!
(I personally couldnt do the bean brownies )
thankyou for finding this recipe -
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote