South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Happy Valentines Day at the Beach!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

We're having a terrible ice storm right now, after getting several inches of snow yesterday. I think winter is making up for lost time all at once! The schools are closed and they're telling everyone to stay off the roads. Good enough for me, I'm happy to stay home another day. Cindy is probably going crazy, having the girls with her all day. I told her if she has to, she can bring them here to my house, but I'm not going out, that's for sure!
Gotta get more coffee.
What are you all doing for this Valentine's Day?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday Morning!

Well, we got less snow than expected, but we still got a lot. I agree that winter came late, but is more than making up with it with the snow and extreme cold day after day. I actually think Canada was warmer last weekend! We had a great time - bought almost two cases of wine - and I got to spend so much time relaxing. Too bad this week has been crazy now that we are home. My mom's birthday was Sunday, so we came home and made dinner for her and dad. Monday was DH's birthday, I invited friends to suprise him out at dinner and everyone I asked agreed to come (14 people!). Then today is V-Day we are cooking dinner at home, and opening one of those bottles of wine. It should be nice and peaceful.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Ally
Old 02-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #3  

Happy Valentines Day!

Sounds like nasty weather all around! We're having a rain storm here-- highwinds, my connection keeps going on and off. I've got lots to keep me busy here and 2 pups to keep me snuggly warm..

Tonight chick cordon bleu on the menu...

(I wonder if my DH will remember Vday... - NOT )
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone -

Happy Valentine's Day !

cottagebytheresa I am on Long Island and we are getting hit by a snow/ ice storm as well. Unfortunately nothing is closed. I have to venture out in it to work later.

Ally- Staying in sounds divine.

Is anyone else finding it hard to not eat chocolate today? This is probably my biggest obstacle since I started this diet 3 weeks ago.

Nikki
Old 02-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #5  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Today is my first day on Phase 2!!!! I made it!!!!! I don't have an exact weightloss because I didn't weigh before Phase 1 but I have lost 10 pounds since Jan. 2nd and 14 pounds since Nov. 2006. I am very happy with my results and want my weightloss to continue.

I think I may stay in Phase 1 because my weightloss slowwwwwed way down in hte second week so I know it will slow in Phase 2 is I add things back.

I know it is now time to add in excerise, and I really don't want to but I will start walking around the block one time everyday today and increase the numbers of times by one each week. I sure hope this works!!!! I've still got 54 more pounds to lose by June!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #6  

Jusj ~ on your weightloss! You are doing super! Phase 2 can be a little scary at first, until you figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Have you read the posts about starting Phase 2? What works best for me is to stay on a Phase 1 1/2, having only 1 starchy grain a day, (usually in the morning), and maybe 1 piece of fruit a day. I find I actually lose more weight on Phase 2 than on Phase 1.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Valentine's Day!!
I hope you all have a wonderfully romantic day!
I can't decide what I want to make us for dinner tonight. I know we're not going out!!
I'm happy to say that I dropped 3 lbs this week...that's almost all of the lbs I had put back on before! I'm guessing I can thank Auntie Flo for those added lbs.
That puts me in a better mood today...I was in a funk yesterday! but today is much better. i hate mood swings! I think it helped that I slept better last night than the night before!
It's really cold here this morning! yesterday it was over 60 and stormy and today..I doubt that the high will reach 32! INSANE...somebody shoot the little groundhog that said early spring!
I get to take my middle dd to get tags for her little car today and also to have it checked out by a mechanic...the check engine light is on. it's the cutest little car! she bought a Daewoo! LOL she loves the fact that no one else she knows has one! it's a little hatchback, it looks like something she would be driving! The reality of buying a car herself is hitting her hard today! she's throwing a fit about having to buy the tags! I told her at least we are paying for her insurance!! that's the most expensive part! Growing up is sooooo hard isn't it!!!

Well...all you chicks who are snowed in ENJOY it and stay WARM!!!
Talk to y'all later!
Tina
Old 02-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had a very bad day yeasterday. Work was cancelled and being stuck in the house caused me to go a bit crazy with my eating habits (not good ). But work is cancelled again today due to the ice/snow... but I feel more in control of myself today. I am making some P1 Chili today... and am planning on having some shrimp and veggie stirfry tonight.

I am alittle sad that I won't see my BF tonight. He lives about 40 mins away and we both agreed that with the icey roads neither of us should drive tonight. So... we are going to have V-day on Friday

I think I will call the gym and see if they are going to be open tonight and offer my weight training class (A very romantic V-Day )

I hope everyone else enjoys their V-Day... does anyone have any romantic dinner/dessert suggestions?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #9  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday, everyone. I don't have a Valentine, so it's not worth celebrating for me. Right after work, I'm meeting with another potential babysitter. I've been looking for one since October with no luck. This one sounds relatively normal on the phone. Hope she has good references, too.

I'm planning on steaming crab legs and veggies for supper...not sure what I'll do for the girls yet. It will have to be something quick since we'll be getting home later than normal.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Amen about winter coming all at once, Cottage! Same here. It's so nice to see all this snow, though..we haven't had this much all at once in all the time I've lived here, I think! I want to build a snowman, but I bet it's not the right kind of snow.

Not sure how many inches we've gotten, but it's at least five or six, and it's still falling.

I'm inside trying to get my day started (I got up late!) Hope everyone stays warm and snuggly!

P.S. Phins, it's great to see your picture in your avatar...you look lovely!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Ha ha ha beachgal! Thanks! That pic was taken in Nov...on a girls only weekend trip to Savannah, GA! GOOD TIMES! LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #12  

Hmmmm......I just spent almost 3 hours outside shoveling some very heavy snow, do you think that justifies eating a little chocolate? Calories in, calories out? I think we have about 5 inches on the ground, and it's still snowing. I bet a lot of people are going to have to cancel their dinner plans for tonight, Jake was just out and said the roads are getting icy again. We didn't have any plans, I'm actually just going to heat up leftovers. Really romantic, huh? That what happens after you've been married almost 38 years. Jake said it's the company, not the food that matters.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Hi Valentine's girls...whether you've got a 'special Valentine' or not...no matter what your dinner plans are be it leftovers or a gourmet meal...use special dinnerware, light a few candles, put on some favorite music...make it special for yourself.

Cottage...stay warm and make it special ...Jake is correct!

Amasam, Cheers!

Schatzi, Test showed a large ulcer...on double meds. Thanks for asking. I will be fine. You make your day a special day please.

Nikki, I will have 2 II two pieces of SF Hersheys Chocolate to celebrate this special day...no more, no less.

Jusj, Go for it!

PHinsup, Congrats on the 3lb drop...stay warm and be good to yourself.

Shenanigans, Sorry BF cannot make it but you will make up for it on Friday...you can still have a candlelit dinner for yourself!

Jet, The crab legs and veggies sound wonderful to me!

Beachgal, Have fun building your snowman...what not make it a snowlady with red hat, feather and a pink scarf!

Have a great Valentines day/evening all...

Love you sis!
Old 02-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #14  

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. I had a very productive troop guide meeting last night and have a bunch to study before our meeting on Saturday. My weight is up a bit. Too much snacking, too little exercise, too much stress. I have managed to stay away from the snack machine.

It's cold in Dallas but nothing like the northerners are getting. A coworker from Rochester, NY, sent some pictures around today. It's amazing to see that much snow in one day!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #15  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Happy Valentine's Day

I got a call early this morning no work today. Yea. I spent most of the morning on the computer looking for cheap airfare to Florida in June. Found a good deal. I also booked a car. My time share was booked six months ago. Now all I have to do is wait. After all this snow I am ready now.

I must say it was a very productive day. I spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and doing laundry.

My DH and I went to dinner tonight and took the kids. Not very romantic but the food was great. I did my best not to overeat. I have been really good for the past two days---I hope I did not over-do-it tonight. One can never tell.
Closed Thread