South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #16  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Hi All!

I got up at 3:45 AM to hit the gym by 4:30. Did my run/walk on the TM and then some Abs/Back and Bi's as well as stretching! I am sore but feel great!

Day 8 went smoothly yesterday! Today is a very busy day thus the early gym time! I will try checking in later!
Old 02-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #17  

Hello,
I am new to the South Beach lifestyle today is day 4 for me. I'm glad to have found a place where others are following the same plan. My short term goal right now is to look decent in a bathing suit by July. I really hope this works for me long term I am hoping to be down to a size 10-12 by my birthday which is 9/22. I am an 18 right now, does anyone know about how much you have to lose to lose a dress size? and do my goals look a little too far fetched. I tried to come up with something realistic but I have never really set a goal before.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:44 PM   #18  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Feels good to be back!

Tomorrow is going to be day one for me! (Again =]) Good luck to everyone! My mini-goal is 15 pounds by April 6th (Spring Break) So that's about 50 days away...hope I can do it!!
Old 02-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #19  
We'll all get there!!!!

Aprsco--I believe sizes go by 2 inches in the waist. I'm not sure the exact poundage, but you can look at a size chart on oldnavy.com and it'll show you the measure of 10/12 pants. I personally like to set small goals. My "medium size" goal is to lose 30 pounds by June 1st. My big goal is -50 pounds by Jan 1 2008. But most of the time those numbers sound so big, so I start with smaller numbers. For instance, I would like to lose 7 pounds in the month of February, for a total of 14 pounds by April 6th. Just set a small goal for yourself, and adjust accordingly as time goes on. For instance, if you have a goal to lose 10 pounds by March 10th, and on March 7th, you've only lost 4 pounds, adjust your goal to 5 pounds, so on March 10th you dont feel like you've failed. I hope that helps you somewhat. Just leave another message if you have any more questions, I'll be here. =]
Old 02-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #20  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprsco View Post
Hello,
I am new to the South Beach lifestyle today is day 4 for me. I'm glad to have found a place where others are following the same plan. My short term goal right now is to look decent in a bathing suit by July. I really hope this works for me long term I am hoping to be down to a size 10-12 by my birthday which is 9/22. I am an 18 right now, does anyone know about how much you have to lose to lose a dress size? and do my goals look a little too far fetched. I tried to come up with something realistic but I have never really set a goal before.
I think you sound realistic. I know for me, 10 pounds gone is 1 dress/pant size. But that is my body shape and I am only 5'4".
Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #21  

Thanks for the replys, I hope everyone is having a good morning,

Today for me is a little depressing, I have been toying with the same pound and a half for the past week and a half. That is the reason why I started the SB cause my other was not giving me the results fast enough I guess plus I got sick of the veggie thing. I have not measured myself and I think I am going to go buy something to measure myself with so I can keep up with my inches. In the 1st week has anyone lost anything significant? I have been feeling lazy so I have not gotten up to work out, I bought some resistance bands 2-3 weeks ago and they are still in the package. My favorite work out video is Yoga Booty Ballet, my KIDS love it and usually are in the living room with me trying to do it too but I have not touched it in about a year and a half
Old 02-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #22  
We'll all get there!!!!

For me, I lost 7 pounds in the first week w/ no exercising. But with some exercising (and prob not that much) it'll come off much easier and much quicker.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 338 / 290 / 199

Height: five-five

Phase I here, too. Second time (did it years ago). Very frustrated because I have lost about 1 pound. I have been doing a very loose P2 for a while, so the "change" wasn't terribly significant. But I'm terribly discouraged. The first few days were really hard.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 PM   #24  
We'll all get there!!!!

Default =]

Don't worry! It'll come off with some hard work! How many days have you been on phase one? are you sure your drinking enough water?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #25  

Hi everyone I ended up not starting so tomorrow for sure. I'm going to go grocery shopping tonight. Hope all is well with everyone!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 338 / 290 / 199

Height: five-five

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cate426 View Post
Don't worry! It'll come off with some hard work! How many days have you been on phase one? are you sure your drinking enough water?
It is my 6th day.
But I have not given up yet. I don't think. It is pretty much minute by minute right now, LOL.

And no, I don't think I've been drinking enough water. I did a couple days and then spaced. I'm upping it today and going to make that a goal. See if that helps.

Last edited by Bonita Gordita; 02-17-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Closed Thread