South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:05 AM   #1  

Default Diet soda

I'm a little bit of an addict to diet soda (decaffeinated). But I keep reading that it is bad for your weight loss, which is weird because I feel it helps me a lot as a snack substitute ...

Has anyone here tried to stop drinking diet soda and had any effect on the Weight loss?

I know it's unhealthy (although without caffeine suppose to be better) but if its also bad for the diet maybe I should reconsider...

Thank you

Last edited by mari37; 02-11-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 02-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

I used to drink lots of diet soda. I started having headaches. I stopped the soda and the headaches stopped. I now only occasionally have a diet soda when we go out. I don't have more that 1 or 2 then I switch to water.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:51 AM   #3  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

I used to drink 3 can of diet Coke per day, but quit drinking it once I hit menopause because of the calcium effect. Drinking it or not drinking it has made absolutely no difference to my weight loss efforts.

Not drinking sufficient water does make a difference to me though, so if you're drinking diet soda instead of water that could be a problem.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #4  

Mari, here's a link to a discussion that address that topic...hope it helps!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...highlight=soda

If you want to cut down, may be a mini goal each week to drink one less, or 2 less, or a goal to drink more water instead?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #5  

Default artificial sweetners

I like you was addicted to diet pop. After years of drinking many a day, a friend suggested that some of my blood sugar problems could be associated with the nutrasweet. As I learned; many people are actually allergic to the artificial sweetners. For me, whenever I have them I suffer severe hyperglycemic symptons. I now have cut them out of my diet and my families. No, sodas, no yogurts or other products with artificial sugars of any kind. When I do have them, the symptoms of hypoglycemia return quickly. If you are interested in learning more, google nutrasweet on the internet.
Closed Thread