South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 06:39 AM   #1  

Default Terrific Toasty Tuesday Chat - Feb. 6

Good morning to you, good morning to you, good morning dear chickies, good morning to you!!

Hope you all have a super day!! Mine is going to be super busy, but I have all meals planned. Now to just stick with the plan.

I weigh in at school today, so will post that later. I was just 157 on my home scale and usually weigh at least a pound less on the school one. I use the school scale for my official weekly weigh in since we are doing that weightloss program.

Gotta go..... shouldn't be on the computer as it is and now I am getting chatty!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 AM   #2  

Default Stay Toasty Tuesday Beach Chat!

Cacckkkle Doooodle Doooooo.... Wakey Wakey!
Cawfee is a Perkin! and I need the caffeine and the warmth! It's 12F this morning...
Oy! Spring is just around the corner though.
Today we're off to look at new kitchen cabinets and stuff!.... I'm sure we're in for sticker shock..
We also came to an agreement with our Architect... and starting to make our house wish list... So today will be all about planning the new home and just a little bit of study. I need a break from the books!

Kiko: I'm going to make the Fireside soup this week, and Jett's Scampi... 2 new dishes for me..I'm getting in a rut and getting bored with my dinners lately.

(And no one tawk about Monkeybread!!! I gained 10lbs and my cholesterol shot up about 100 reading that yesterday! )

So what's going on on yer stretch of sand?

Last edited by Schatzi; 02-06-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Kiko and Schatzi. A busy days ahead for both of you, I see!

Record breaking windchill cold last night! I'm certainly grateful for a lovely warm house, a furnace that works, a crackling woodstove, hot coffee and two warm and cuddly dogs! Delta doesn't have any street people but the firemen were out last night checking up on elderly people who live by themselves. (They didn't check on me which means I'm not considered elderly. Whew!) They were making sure everyone had heat which is sort of the opposite of what they usually do. This village looks after its own.

I'll be puttering around the house today but Hersh and I do have to go put to do pet therapy around 5:30. She'll have to wear her red coat which she hates for that bitter cold walk from the parking lot to the building but we'll do it. She can do it and will recover from her embarrassment.

Lucy is once again in disgrace! Yes, my glasses! Luckily I got them from her before she chewed the lenses and the optometrist was able to fix the frames and put the lenses back in. I now have my glasses on a string and feel like a really old school marm. Since I don't need my glasses all the time, I am constantly putting them down and Eagle Eye Lucy is an opportunist.

Time for coffee and a cruise of the boards for spammers! We are mentioned in the February issue of Oprah's mag which will bring out the trolls!

Have a lovely warm day if you can.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ummmm, hot coffee on a bitter cold morning! It's freezing weather like this that makes one grateful that they have a toasty warm home and all the other comforts that we usually take for granted.

It's my busy day today, too, Kiko, the girls have all their extra-curriculars today, so for me it means most of the day spent in the car. I'll have to plan a good OP lunch to take along, otherwise it's too easy to stop for a slice of pizza or another Frankenfood. Supper tonight is going to be Chicken Enchiladinis, I just took it out of the freezer to defrost. Hope you have a good weigh-in today. Me, I'm staying far away from the scale for the next few days!

Schatzi, your going to love that soup! Next time I make it, though, I'm going to use plain old ground turkey breast instead of the sausage and just add more seasonings to it. I also put in a bag of frozen spinach and a can of diced tomatoes to add more veggies to it.

Ruth, dress warmly today! I can't believe Lucy attacked your glasses yet again, that naughty doggie! I wonder if it would help to get her a children's pair of sunglasses for her very own, or would that just make matters worse?

Time for another cup of coffee and maybe some oatmeal with blueberries. I'll be back!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #5  

Woohoo!! 155.8 this morning!! That means I am close to getting back to my summer low weight of 154. 140's........... here I come!!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies!

I am going to the gym tonight! I have been just coming home after work... but I have decided that the cold will not keep me from getting in shape! I will also be going to the store and buying some healthy food and veggies... no more "it's cold, so I am going to eat 'comfort' food" My scale is not comforted!

So that is my rant. I had 2 eggs with red+green peppers, onions, and 2% cheese with a glass of V-8 this morning. I am have not pre-packed lunch today because I need to go to the store (I am running low on P1 foods). But, I have mixed nuts and a cheese square for my snacks. I will probably get a salad with grilled chicken from the Deli.

Well... I have to go meet one of my leaders this morning at her house... I love meeting her at her house, she always has coffee waiting for me and I get to play with her daycare kids!

It sounds like all of you are off to a good start and are staying warm. Ruth, that is wonderful that your firemen take care of people! Also... what is the fireside soup?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the soup link.

My bath is running so I'm just dashing through!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:18 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning chicks, it is sooooo cold here this morning I had brain freeze walking my school kids to the bus stop. I felt pretty good for about 3 minutes this morning when I got up then I started my period and then took one of my period pills on an empty stomach and then I threw up. Now I am feeling yucky. Kiko- congrats sweetie on your loss you go girl, I can't wait to see the 140s .Schatzi- Good morning have fun picking out cupboards. Prices for everything is so scary. Ruth Glad that you got your glasses before too much damage was done, Have a great day and stay snuggly warm it is -30 with the wind chill here this morning. Good morning cottage- I am always running my girls around as well, oldest dd dances mon, tue, wed- and then there is always something to do around fundraising, and youngest dd cheerleads mon and thurs afterschool. Somedays I feel like all I ever do is drive. Shenanigans- Good day and good for you for eating so well I need a kick in the butt to get me moving again. Well I am going to dash and check out the rest of the boards quickly while the wee ones are having playroom time. Take care and have a great day.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kiko! You have just given me the incentive I so badly need right now!

Shenanegans, look in the recipes section under Phase 1 soups, and you'll find it. You're another one who's gung-ho motivation keeps me going!

I did a bit of tidying up, did some supper preparations, and chopped some raw veggies to take with me for snacking on with hummus today, so I'm all set. The weatherman just said it's a cool 11* out there right now, so I'm in no hurry to leave the house until I have to, which will be in another hour. It feels really good to be snuggling up on the sofa under a quilt. Just think, only 43 days, 9 hours, and 48 minutes til spring!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I have not been on for a while - crazy life getting in the way! I love Tuesday morning, it is where I start to believe I will get all of my projects done for the week, a feeling I do NOT have on Monday afternoons. It will be a long day though, we are just starting our search process for next years Resident Assisntants, and that means an information meeting tonight at 9:00 pm - a hour before my usual bedtime which will certainly not be happening! Plus, DH and I have planned a trip to the grocery tonight as we are completely out of fresh veggies. Our favorite store to buy them was closed for two weeks and while we supplemented, this will be a big shopping trip.

Ruth - I also wondered if a pair of glasses just for Lucy woulkd help or hurt the cause to keep her away from yours. One of the joys of fish - they stay put, but there is no cuddling to be had.

Kiko - congrats on the weight loss. Sometimes scales do make us feel better!

Schatzi - have fun with the architect today. Creating and fulfilling the wish list for a house (while daunting) must be exciting!

Cottage - I hear you on the ease of fast food - not good for us and always better to have an alternative, because once you are inside they "have you".

Shenanigans - for Christmas we bought ourselves an elliptical and in this cold winter I have been so thankful - can go the basement instead of venturing outdoors to get in some excercise. You will certainly feel better once you have gone - great stress relief!

Stay warm!
Ally
Old 02-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

I live in Antigo Wisconsin and it has been 20 below zero with wind chills of 45 below. I lost 8 pounds on the first phase of sbd, but then I gained 2 pounds back. So today I am going to start over on phase 1. I get so discouraged when I gain any back that I am ready to give up. But I know that I can't I have to get this weight off if I want my knee replacement to quit hurting. I think that I am going to put some nice soup on cooking,.. it should go good on a cold day like this. I have to figure out some better exercises that I can do. It is kind of hard with my knee. I enjoyed reading what you guys wrote this morning. It got my day off to a good start. Joyce
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #12  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone...I haven't been around in awhile. It's been a little busy for me. Hopefully things are slowing down a little. Today is my day off & as usual, I have tons to do....laundry (df was home on Sunday, but didn't get to it-ugh!) got to the post office, workout (hate doing it!), scrapbook, dinner & then I have a meeting at 8 - so much for a day off.
This past weekend I went completely off the Beach (too many tempting foods at work & me without a packed lunch) After donuts, cake, chips, beer (ok I had the beer at home) my stomach on Monday was killing me. I was so bloated, that just walking around made me miserable. And I was quite gassy (I know too much info!) Luckly there was not a weight gain, but it's phase 1 for me again.
Ruth - morning, enjoy your nice warm bath!
Schatzi - cupboards....yes they are expensive, but you'll have them & use them for awhile. A $650 wedding dress.....one day. Now don't you feel better?
Kiko - you are a rockstar....you are doing awesome!!!
Cottage - you have an excellent idea...coffee, think I'll make a pot. Stay warm honey!
Shenanigans - great job with going to the gym!!
Little Chick - hope you feel better ASAP!!

Ally - I have a meeting tonight as well. It's at 8 I have NO desire to go. It's for a stay at home business that DF wants to do & he keeps bothering me to go & read the info. It's kinda annoying. I already have a full time job (where I sometimes put 45-50hrs in & I'm tired!) I don't want to go. I didn't make him walk up & down the road peddle lipstick when I was selling AVON. Maybe if I go once, he will leave me alone. Hopefully your meeting is short/sweet & will only last until 9:30 =)

Off to do chores....take care!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls...Here I am all the way from out West.

Kiko: About the waffles...I use the Belgian Waffle recipe we have for me, but DH cooks W Wheat for company and for himself.
Congrats on the weight loss...Always nice to see. Not far to go for you! Good!

Kirachan: Thanks for the pm about Firefox. I am printing it out so I can check it all out as soon as I can

Schatzi: Have fun checking out all the insides and outs on the cabinets...Be sure to go for those turning shelves and pullout shelves...Makes life so much easier.

Ruth: No! not again!!! Glad it wasn't as bad this time...Bad Girl Lucy!
What did Oprah say about us?

Cottage: Chicken Enchiladiania sound good...I will check the recipe out.

Shena: Right on kid...Scales can be so hard on us...not comforting at all when they show a gain!

Li Chick: Here is a small Take care little one !

Amasam: Good luck on all your projects for the week...Will take us at least 2 weeks to get our yard in shape from the winter.

Granny: When did you get your knee replaced? I have both mine done plus a hip...Water is the best exercise...go for it...

Soon To Be: Don't go if you don't want to!!!! Sounds to me like you have your hands really full as it is...go home and rest.

As for me...go and read my post on West Coast as Breakfast is calling me...
Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #14  

Ruth - Can you sticky the February Exercise thead, please?

Work has been wiping me out. I got paged on the way home from work/grocery store last night. I ended up working from 6PM to 3AM after a normal 9 hour day. Then I started today by 7:45 AM but I did work from home. I just didn't feel like driving in after less than 3 hours of sleep. There are still some issues with the firewall but at least we aren't totally down like we were last night.

I've got lots of work to do for camp and I have a district committee meeting tonight. Hopefully it wont last too long and I can get to bed by 10.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Shhhh...I'm not really here. I have a few minutes during lunch, so I thought I'd pop in and see what the scoop of the day is. Fireside soup sounds really good. I may have to pick up the ingredients this afternoon so I can make it for tomorrow.

Better run. Have a good afternoon, all.
Closed Thread