South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I - Week of January 29

Whether you are just starting out or on the home stretch for Phase I, this thread is for you to share ideas, menus and victories.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone! Well... I am back. I started SBD for the first time in the Fall and lost alittle over 10 pounds! I was at the thinnest I have ever been in my adult life. Then all of the winter holidays, family gatherings, shopping, and traveling happened... and everything I learned and worked for disappeared. It was like something snapped in my brain and all of those bad eating habits came back with a vengence.

So... I am starting over on Phase 1 starting TODAY! I went shopping last night and cleared out my kitchen of everything that is not needed. I also got a membership at a gym too!

I think having this site and all of you to chat with really helped me last fall stay on track and do what I needed to do. I found that when I was off SB, I avoided this site. So, I am back and am planning to stick around this time.

B- 1 egg w/ LF cheese + mushrooms, 8oz V-8 (calcium)
S-mixed nuts
L-salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, celery, cucumbers), LF lunchmeat rolls
S-celery sticks w/ horseradish hummus
D-grilled shrimp (and some kind of veggie side)

I am also planning on going to a weight lifting class from 5:30-6:30.
Hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

Thanks Ruth for starting this thread!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:53 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Brain snap happens to me too! It takes forever to heal up too.
back and no more shenanigans, Shenanigans!
Don't forget the dairy and legumes although I see hummus! I'm about to make a three bean salad.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hello-

I am new to the beach. Today is my first day. I just had breakfast 3 sausage links and 2 bacon. I'm not an egg fan so I am trying to stay away. Snack will be a piece of laughing cow cheese on 2 celery sticks.For lunch I will do salmon wrapped in lettuce with lime juice. A second snack will be 30 pistachios. Then for dinner a pork chop, 1 cup salad and 1 serving of mock mash potatoes. How does this sound for phase 1? I am still a little confused but I think I got it down.
Also, if I bought some phase 2 meals by mistake can I take the bread out and still eat them or is that not advised?

Thanks for your help,
Nikki
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies

I have decided to inch my way back to the beach, after a long over due vacation so to speak.
The DH & I started (again) last night Wish me luck!

Today's menu
B cheese omelet, sausage link
S no snack (ate breakfast at 8:30 & lunch will be at 11:30)
L 2 turkey, ham & cheese rolls, can of smoked oysters - by the way are these allowed??
S SF vanilla pudding
D taco salad, no shell, with ground turkey
S - not sure yet
Old 01-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #6  

Hi Cheryl-

Nice to see you. I am on my first day of the beach. Did you have good success last time?
My meal plan for today is:

breakfast:
3 sausage links 2 bacon
snack:
1 celery stalk and 1 laughing cow low fat swiss
Lunch:
tuna or salmon on lettuce wrap with lime juice
Snack:
pistachios
Dinner:
Salad, pork chop, chopped spinach
Snack:
not sure

Does that look ok?

Nikki
Old 01-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #7  

Hello there! yes it did very well for me, I have hypothyroidism and have tried every diet I think and this is the only one that showed any results, and considering it has been some time since I have gotten back OP I have maintained pretty well, my weight loss comes slower than most but a pound lost is a pound lost is the way I look at it.

I am not sure but I would watch the sausage & bacon, I use turkey most of the time. the mods here are a great group and will help out alot.

good luck!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Whoa on the sausage and bacon! Please peruse the stickies in the FAQ Section. There's one on sausage there and the REVISED Phase I Food List. You must be sure to have legumes, dairy and at least 4.5 cups of good veggies. IMHO iceberg lettuce is not a veggie - it's a nutritional nobody!
Are the Phase II meals frozen? If so, save them.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #9  

hi-

Thanks for the reply. I feel like a fool I hate eggs so I was trying to eat protein without eggs. Also I used Romaine instead of ice berg I agree with you on the ice berg. I will have a nice size salad with dinner and only use lemon juice on it.Also I had a glass of milk and some cheese today for my dairy. So I looked at the stickies and it looks like 1 sausage link every week might beok but no more. Also, are pork chops not allowed on Phase I ? I am unsure. I will put the meals and bars aside until I hit phase 2.I'm not use to eaing so much so this is pretty hard for me to eat so much.

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 01-29-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #10  

gagirl - I'm not sure on the smoked oysters but I can tell you that pudding is not allowed on phase 1 because of the starches that are added as thickeners.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:56 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Thanks, Eagle Eye Barb - I missed that! We need to checked out the ingredients in the smoked oysters. What kind of oil are they packed in?
Old 01-29-2007, 02:58 PM   #12  

Didn't eat the pudding anyways, kinda bitter I couldn't take it, did opt for sf jello cup, the watermelon is yummy
Old 01-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 309/309/220

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone, I'm starting back tomorrow. I've been off plan for awhile myself (sounds like I'm not alone in that respect). Some of you may have read my post about cholesterol and tg's....not too terribly bad but like my doc said, I need to fix it before it's broke. Anyway, I have a few questions and suggestions.

1) I can't remember but were carrots added as being allowed on Phase 1? For some reason, I thought they were but I may have dreamed it. 2)Is sugar-free pudding allowed on phase 2?

Nikki-Some breakfast ideas that don't include eggs. I get tired of eggs sometimes and it's hard for me to get up and cook in the morning anyway as I'm not a morning person but I do HAVE to eat breakfast or I'll get sick.

1-2% cottage cheese
lean turkey or ham & cheese rollups (just be sure there is not too much sodium or any type of sugar in the preservatives). There are a few brands of lunchmeat out now that are natural with very minimal preservatives and salt. Oscar Mayer makes one and there are a few other brands as well
V8 juice, if you like it
Plain yogurt and add some vanilla or almond extract or lemon juice and some splenda for flavor
turkey bacon (you can have 2 slices of this per day)

Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #14  

Thank you Mandi. I think tomorrow I will try some lf ricotta and unsweetened cocoa powder. The mocha ricotta recipe. I am really bummed I messed up on the first day already

Nikki
Old 01-29-2007, 03:38 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Everyone, PLEASE read the Revised Phase I Food List in the Frequently Asked Questions Section and the other stickeis there.

Carrots are Phase II and puddings are as well.

Read the breakfast thread in the recipe section for ideas.
Closed Thread