South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday? Jan. 30 Chat

It can be terrific or terrible - it's up to us.

Cold, cold, Cold here at -18F or -27C! We were supposed to get snow but it's not here yet. I guess shovelling will be my cardio later today.

I'm hoping for an at home day today but we'll see. I may need to go back to town to get my new glasses - again! The technician decided that the broken frame was a "defect" and was covered by the manufacturer's warranty so they are replacing the frames free. Of course, it was an out of stock frame so I had to wait.

Did I tell you chickies I am geting out of the breeding business? It's a long story but my partner Morna and I made this decision over the weekend. Miss Lucy will be going for her operation when I get back from Florida. I'm a bit sad because I love the time with the puppies but it's just too much work to do on my own.

What's happening with you this TERRIFIC Tuesday?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:29 AM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Oh Gosh Ruthie, I was going to complain because the wind chill is -11F right now. It's a high of 18 above today with a chance of snow. BRRRRR. I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!! I can't imagine how cold it must be for you.

Well, I skipped the nap yesterday and got productive. I went through EVERY article of clothing that I own and decided what was to keep and what was to pitch/sell/donate. I put the sell/donate stuff in plastic tubs and everything else got folded and hung up so my spare bedroom looks much nicer! If I'm feeling motivated, I may work on shoes on Thursday.

I'd better get in the shower and start on my day. Back to work I go! Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Lisa
Old 01-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Well... I am hoping for a "terrific' Tuesday! It is still cold here and my skin is all itchy and dry... but I figure it could be worse... I could be in Alaska. I just met a girl who moved there over the summer and she said that it is around -40(f) up there.... And they haven't closed schools for cold/weather in about 10 years!!! BRRR

Well, I am on day 2 and I had a great muscle building/toning workout last night. I counted up my calories last night and realized that I needed to eat MORE. That is always a funny idea when you are on a 'diet' and you tell people that you NEED to eat more. So, many people think that dieting = starving.

If I get home early tonight, I am going to make the Taco Bake... Even when I left the Beach, I still made this recipe and the BF loves it (or course we had it with shells and chips).

I am going to try to get to the gym tonight for some cardio. Wish me luck. I'll try and check in later!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #4  

What! Negative 18 degrees!!! Frozen Tootsies up north!! It's a balmy 23F right now... with a high of 48 in the forecast! I'm toasty warm with my Pink robe and slippers and hot mug of cawfee

Ruth: Ah, I'm sorry to hear no more little moptop black porties are on the horizon. but Lucy and Hershey have enough personality to keep you hopping..specially Lucy's penchant fer eye glasses!

Wezzie: I need to do that too. most of my stuff is in storage... since we moved here and into the rental I saw no reason to drag out my whole trousseau. So definitely when we move again I'll be pitchin stuff!

Sorry I haven't been on the boards of late... I've been running out to the property each day the past week. We met with the developer to id the perc site, and here in order to do that you have to give a rough footprint of the house, stake it, and id the well site too. I'm waiting on the Architect we chose to send me a contract so that I can see the cost of that is...It's a good thing that we are kinda simple people with not tooo high end "wants". Anyways, today I have to go over to UNC for a lecture... but right now time to bundle up and take the terrors for their walk!
Have a great day gals!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Weezle, I sort of give up on the "wind chill" when it gets this cold! My wood stove keeps the back part of the house cozy and I do have a very warm winter coat. I look like the Michelin Man in it but it does the job! Your big tidying job reminded em that I still have "stuff" in my guest room. Just closing the door doesn't work forever!

Shenanigans, slather on the lotion this time of year! Yes, Alaska or the Yukon certainly is worse. I vivited my sister in the Yukon one year at Christmas. Not only cold but dark most of the day! Oy! Eat enough today, OK?

Schatzi, yes, I'm sad about the puppies but will get over it. Lucy certainly has enough puppy in her to meet my needs. Today she got into the last Christmas box that's waiting for Rob to lift it onto the storage shelf and brought two stockings downstairs to me! I think she thinks we should have Christmas morning again since she was in the kennel this past year!

Now I am going to log off - if I still remember how! - and go start my niggle list. Dog food is first on the list!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #6  

Good morning. I'm sort of back - not really following any phase, but here to get inspired to make healthy choices when I go grocery shopping today. And I'm going to the gym when I wake up a little more. I got 9 hours of sleep and still feel totally wiped out this morning.

I have beautiful pristine white snow out my window, and the few blowing snowflakes in the air are truly beautiful as they are glistening in the sunshine. I'm really glad the temperature isn't what you've got, Ruth. We're at about 7 F.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Morning All!

I am on PH1 day 2, my first day back was not as good as I thought, but I was trying to go on memory needless to say that it was not as good as I thought, but I will not let that distract me moving forward!!

I could not deal with weather that cold, it is 29 here in tallahassee fl (I work in FL) this morning and you would think it was -18 They did mention on the morning news that there is a storm coming in from LA and we have a possibility for snow here on Superbowl Sunday, I won't get my hopes up
though.

Shenanigans - Try GoldBond ultra healing lotion works wonders on dry itchy skin.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Quick question for ya'll
I am having my wisdom teeth pulled tommorrow
and I need some ideas on what I can eat and stay OP
Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chicks, cold here again today, brrr, but the sun is shinning and the sky is blue- so things could be worse. Got up at 6:15 this morning and biked again for 20 mins. DH and I went and did the recycling and popped into the grocery store for bagels and choc milk for dd and her friend bribery for getting them out of bed to watch the wee ones. Then went to the hardware store for screws- BIL is making me a hook thingy for the kids to hang their coats on. Other than that life is dull- The new baby is coming this afternoon for 4 hours today should be interesting. Well I have to dash and get a few things done before he gets here. Have a great day.
Ruthie- you could always go into the baby business instead of puppies glad to hear about the glasses.
Love to ya all chicks
Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #10  

Morning girls!

Just a quick breeze by as I need to go pick up a group of kids. Totally on plan yesterday. Yippee! We will see what the scale says for the month end tomorrow.

Hope you all are well and staying warm.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #11  
RNMOM

Default hiya

Hi ladies! Hope you all plan on having a great day.

Ruth, glad the glasses are covered, sorry about the wait. Miss Lucy might go through some depression if she's not going the doggiemommie thing.

Weezle, I love organizing, well not doing it, but having it done.

Schatzi, you'll have to share the houseplans when you get that far. I'm pretty sure we all could help you decorate. I've got in mind this lovely red polka dot couch..............

Kiko, totally on plan There are so many days that that is HUGE! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the scales for ya.

little chick, stay warm! A little baby would be kinda fun.

gagirl, day one not good how? Did you feel yucky? That does pass after about day 4 or 5

Well, I'm enjoying another day off. I'll try to clean this place, but I don't really wanna. I have a night class tonight then back to work tomorrow...maybe. My son and his wife are and she went into preterm labor last night, 7 weeks early so she's in the hospital and they are trying to get her stopped. If she does they will send her home on bedrest. I guess if that's the case they will come and stay with us and I'll take some FMLA time and take care of her. Kinda waiting to see what the doc says at this point. All I know is that I don't want that little peanut born yet.

Well, sun is shining but it is bitter cold, maybe about 6 F, but later I might try to go for a run, depending on the DIL.

Hugs everyone!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #12  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello!!! Glad y'all chose teriffic over terrible.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out the best way to put out the fire in my mouth. Used a few too many shakes of the red pepper flakes in my shrimp scampi last night, but decided to suffer through the leftovers anyway. Yowza they're spicey!!!

I finally got my box of Turbo Jam and Yoga Booty Ballet DVD's yesterday. We had a rough night so I didn't get a chance to open them up. I'm totally looking forward to that tonight. Should be fun.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  

GAGirl... here's some thoughts
soft foods- and not spicy nor real acidic for the first 2 days or so: ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, soups. omelets, bean salads, protein shakes, df jellos, chicken and fish .
No smoking -.. it could cause a painful condition called "dry socket"
No drinking through a straw. and no forceful spitting. These could cause the clots to dislodge and cause "dry socket"
Warm salt water rinses will help hasten healing over the extraction sites.
They will leave you clenching down on gauze pads. You can replace the gauze, or even better, place a moisten or used cool tea bag over the area and gently clench. The tannic in the tea will help with clotting.
Ice in the beginning will help keep down swelling. after that if you are still achy you could try moist heat.
And so says Dr Schatzi!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #14  

hiya Shennigans, LC, Jett, Kiko and Rebel!! Here's some fer the day!!!! :wand:

RNMOM: red polka dots !!! you kill me
heres a houseplan we like, but go to the alternate views at the page to see it in tan brick.. We're kinda farmhousy arts n crafts lodgey folk.
http://www.dongardner.com/plan_details.aspx?pid=2449-- I like the way it looks in brick, but will prolly look to add cultured stone..... We gave the plan to our architect who is going to tweak it.. For all I know I will end up with something totally different!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon/Evening to you chicks on the beach gals...

Wanted to drop in to let you know I am much better today. Hey girls it boiled down to my colon was blocked...doctor told me to take too stool softeners daily and not to forget the Metamucial (sp) daily. Said when one diets the body takes time to adjust to the different way it's fed so we must be aware. Also stressed the importance of drinking our 8-10 glasses of water a day. I wanted to pass this along so no one else suffers like I did. I was miserable for almost two weeks and thought I might have kidney desease like my late DH...silly what our minds can do to us when we're in pain.

I am so proud of this site and how hard every one works at sticking to program. Thanks for all the inspiring and honest posts.
Closed Thread