South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #1  

Default Friday Fling Beach Chat Jan 19

TGIF Everybuddy!

Just grabbin a cup of cawfee and crankin us up fer the day before I head back under the covers! Brrrrrr! It was nasty here all day and night and it looks like it will continue till the afternoon. Ah That's better!
More studying today... I'll get in my comfy clothes, put on some lite music , light some smelly candles (Geez it sounds like I'm settin the mood fer a date! ) and finish class assignments.
Stay Warm me chicadees!!!! Will pop by later for more
Old 01-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday!!!!

Shatzi, I can't believe you were up so darn early!!

I'm off to wake up the girls and get the day started. I was up a few minutes early and thought I'd log on to check out a couple of things before the craziness starts.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #3  

Morning!

Schatzi Climbing back in under the covers sounds dee-vine! Enjoy your day and stay warm.

Jet I am "sneaking" on myself- I know better b/c I did not get up early, but I do so much better when I start my day off with the chicks. Is this the weekend you are traveling to your parents?

Too much food yesterday, although it was all legal. I need to do a good three day run to get ready for WI on Monday.

Gotta go.... time to wake the troops.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Chicks!
I'm sitting here debating whether or not I'm game enough to go take the girls to school this morning, it's my turn, but I'm hearing on the radio that there are a lot of accidents because of icy roads. I don't do well on slippery roads, they used to not bother me, but as I'm getting older, well. Cindy has a Pilates class, but Richard might have time to drop them off before he goes to the office. I'm actually surprised that the schools don't have a delay.
Well, let me give them a call and see what's going on, I'll be back later.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 AM   #5  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning Schatzi & jetsetter! It's a cold morning here today. The coffee is a brewing and I've cranked the heat up. I'm waiting for the little ones to arrive to daycare. Just thought I'd drop by and wish everyone a great SB day! I've gotta go feed my poochie. I just let her out to go potty and she's got her nose up to the window staring inside as if to say "Please let me back in cause it's COLD out here!!!" At dinner time when she smells the food cooking she does the same thing except she'll stand up on the window and scratch at the window until she gets someone's attention! She cracks me up. Unfortunately, I have to keep her out until daycare kids go home because she has shown some aggressions towards kids other than hers. (My 3) I'm thinking it's because of her breed? She's an Akita and the research that I've done on them points to it being that. My dh got her for me last Christmas without doing research on the breed and now we've grown attached to her but I still have to do daycare and we can't stand the thought of finding her a new family. Ok, I've rambled long enough. I think the coffee has kicked in and now I'm all hopped up on caffeine! LOL! Have a grrreat day girls! I'll check back later!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 AM   #6  
Tara

Cottage and Kiko sorry I missed you! I must have been in the middle of my post! Everyone have a great day!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I was up earlier but the Girls were in full "demand mode" and I had to quickly figure out a breakfast as I forgot to thaw their food. How does sardines, Wheatabix cereal and raw egg sound to you? No? That's what I thought.

Shatzi, good for you hitting the books first thing in the morning. Gets it over with. Too bad they don't have a brain chip to be inserted for each course you take.

Jetsetter and Kiko, I love seeing your shining faces early in the morning so am glad you have a chance to pop in. I'm trying for an exemplary weekend too although I don't have a weigh-in.

Cottage, if possible, stay off the darned icy roads. I hit a couple of bad patches on my trip to town yesterday - not fun!

Donna cancelled out yesterday - hubby problems -but will be here "nine-ish". We shall see. At least the tidying is all done. If she doesn't show, I'll be looking for a new cleaning person yet again.

It's an "at home" day and weekend for me. I intend to semi-hibernate with my books, knitting, dog cuddling and an afternoon nap or two. That's the plan anyhow. I get bored with myself sometimes and may finally put the border up in the kitchen and do some sewing.

Have a shiny day!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey Tar675, we were simul-posting too. I understand about your problem with your darling doggie - it is a breed and pack thing. Even my two "kittycats" get aggressive when someone invades our family. Of course, the safest solution in a daycare situation is to just keep dog and kids apart.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #9  
Tara

Ruth...Yeah, I know but I hate making her stay outside all day. I've got to find her a house so she has some shelter from the weather while she is out. (One that won't brake my pocketbook!! My front porch has an awning over it but if the wind is blowing and it's raining some of it makes it to the porch. Right now I have a big fuzzy blanket out there for her. I keep checking the classifieds for a used dog house but no luck so far. I'll keep looking! I have this one little boy who is mean to animals and I guess Shy knows it cause she really doesn't like him at all! I have to be very careful when he's arriving or leaving.She acts as if he could be her next meal! Well, I better go for now I have more chores to do but I'll swing by later.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

I got lucky and didn't have to face the roads, Richard said he could take the girls. By the time I have to get them at noon, it will have warmed up and the roads will be fine. I just finished a little cleaning and gave the kitchen floor a good mopping. Now I can just relax and enjoy a pot of tea without feeling guilty.
I think the girls and I will spend the day at home today, the plumber promised the water will be turned back on and some things put back into place. They've been wanting to start making homemade Valentines for their classmates, and with about 40 kids between the 2 of them, we better get started now. We'll stop at the crafts store on the way home to pick up the supplies we'll need. Supper tonight will be leftover pork & pepper salad for me, and a pizza for Jake.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

TGIF, Ladies!!

Morning all! It's cold, foggy and rainy here. As long as it doesn't freeze, I'll be fine.

Seems like there's a lot of chatter going on now! I love it! We made a decision here at the office and hired somebody. She starts on Monday and now the only thing to do is figure out where she's going to go. That's probably the biggest hurdle and I'm really stressing out about it. That's why I'm SO glad the weekend is here!

Oh shoot, bossman showed up (thought he was going to be off today!) I'd better get to work!

Have a great Friday!!

~Kim
Old 01-19-2007, 09:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Chickadees. It's a chilly but bright morning here in Bama..still spared from the horrible weather everywhere else..
I couldv'e slept all day today...I was all warm and cozy in my bed. but alas...I must to open the restaurant. It's nice being the cook...I can make myself what ever I want to for my lunch...yesterday, I grilled a hamburger steak...and melted some cheese over it and added a garden mix to the top of it then hit the salad bar. my fav thing to do there is slice tomatos and put mozzerella cheese on them with some italian seasonings and parmesan cheese and bake it in the pizza oven.you get the flavor of the cheese pizzas w'out the crust!
I did notice yesterday that our pizza sauce doesn't have any sugar in it...so once I perfect my whole grain pizza crust...It's ON!

I'm trying to drink my V8 right now...but this time I got the Hot/Spicy one...and it is definately..hot and spicy!! whew but I think that makes it easier to drink
Have any of you chicks tried Stevia?
just wondering...I got some the other day and I've been using it...it's a pretty good sweetener. and I love the fact that it is natural..no chemicals.

Well...I must go get ready for work...Hope you all have a GREAT FRIDAY!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello all, I was so excited this moring when I got on the scales and have lost 4 pounds!! YEA!! I've really been trying to be good and I got started this week with the treadmill and I'm also doing 100 crunches everyday on the AbLounge. I was only able to start at 15 minutes on the treadmill but today I'm upping that to 20 minutes. But I'm just happy to see the weight loss and now am ready to keep on keeping on!! Karen
Old 01-19-2007, 10:20 AM   #14  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks, it is raining here like crazy the rest of the province is getting snow we are getting rain rain and more rain. I hope it does not freeze later. But alteast I don't have to drive anywhere today. DH's mood is improving but he now has a touch of the flu, alas will my life ever be normal again. Well I can't stay long as I am always running to help some one. Only two little ones here til afterschool and it will be an indoor day. they will be wound right up because they have had no outside time, we will have to get the games and coloring out and hope that will occupy them, maybe a nice movie. Well gotta to go, take care and have a great day.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Karen - Congrats to your 4lb loss, makes us all want to 'keep on going'...good for you girl!

Shatzi - I am starting a study course on the Old Testament which is quite extensive. I have not truly studied anything deep since I retired so this is going to be quite a challenge for me. I will try to take some of your study habits to heart.

Ruth - A new border in the kitchen always makes the kitchen feel cheery - what did you pick as a border?

Cottage - Happy to hear you didn't drive in on the ice today!

Me - First, notice the change in pictures...Lil Bear got into a muddy area one day right after I had bathed and groomed him ! Today he goes to the groomer so I will post another picture of him tomorrow all nice a clean !

Yesterday DH and I cleaned house and took several 'inside' pictures of our condo to put on our 'house exchange' web page...now to get them on there without pulling my hair out trying.

Busy day today with studies, Lil Bear to groomers and planning my next three day's meals.

Stay legal girls!

Love you sis!
Closed Thread