South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #1  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Default Beach Patrol here!

Nah, my name has nothing to do with my diet!

My husband and I are starting the South Beach today. We started on January 1st, but went to my friend's b'day party on the 5th, & totally blew it! (sweets, carbs & alkeyhall!)

So anyway - we're starting again today. Went grocery shopping yesterday & bought foods that are acceptable Phase I foods.

Husband wants to lose 35 pounds & I want to lose 40. Our biggest obstacle is that neither of us are much in the kitchen. We don't really cook that much & don't plan to start anytime soon... so we'll have to muddle thru some other way! But we both agree (as does our doctor!) that South Beach is the best diet for US to try.

SO WISH US LUCK! And any advice is appreciated!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good luck but rely on skill and planning. Cooking ahead will help. There are some simple recipes in our recipe section. Maybe you can cook together.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Beach Patrol...Best to you and DH..Phase 1 is really not that hard if you get cheese sticks, breast of chicken, and lots of veggies in the house...good veg. soup on a cold day is good... Maybe you can get the breast already cooked in your area...oh yes, easy to make, Diet Jello at night sure helps me. Good luck to you both.

Also the Bean Taco recipe is so very very easy and so filling and so good...I know as I tried it...enjoy...

Live It now: Try that Bean Taco recipe...you will love it being you love Mexican food.

Best to you all. Drink your water!
Closed Thread