South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Schatzi-your home plans sound WONDERFUL-HOW FUN!!!
The stone stuff-I covered a brick fireplace in river rock (from the river where I grew up-so it was free) and a friend that just did a HUGE remodel had it done on parts of her house-materials alone was like 5.50 a sq ft.
oooh-one of the things that always catches peoples eye about my fireplace (and was my dads idea) every so often a flat rock shelf for candles-think there are 3 on one side and 2 on the other.

Rediculously Addicted-how cool is that? Sounds like a keeper.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #17  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Well, I am off in the ice and snow to work and doctor appointments. I am a little disappointed at the weather because I have a long awaited appointment in Portland (which is 3 hours away) and that is looking like a really bad idea for Thursday. We have frozen roads with snow covering it and more by the minute. Guessing it will be slow at work today but have to be there.

for everyone.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:33 PM   #18  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Soon - I made it in a springform pan, but I think I might go the cupcake route next time around. The pan takes up too much room in my fridge, and it's a little on the runny side (will have to cook it longer in my oven), so freezing slices wasn't really an option.

WildWoman - It's the breakfast cheesecake recipe in the Phase 1 Breakfasts. If memory serves, MasterCook said it was 220 calories per slice (16 servings).

My goodness it has been a busy morning. As well as my normal work, I've had a lesson in heat treating aluminum, and am acting as go-between for our admin assistant and the new engineer who is stilll phoneless and computerless after a week on the job. Better finish lunch while I have a chance. "See" y'all tonight...I hope!!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #19  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks, I have a about 1.5 seconds to jump in and say Hello. I was just sending kids pictures to the moms, things have been super crazy around here. I will pop back in later and catch you and me up. Take care. Gotta go the second is up.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Hey guys! I post on other threads on this site but i figured since i'm going to be doing SB for life i better get to know you guys

Well... i started on 12-26-06 and i'm going pretty strong. My main goal is to lose thirty pounds by mid june for my trip to Europe. And then after that i would either like to lose five more pounds or stay the same but look five pounds lighter (a lot of toning)

Happy Tuesday
Old 01-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

sounds good-are you using any sort of a crust with that? ie nut crust?
I am sitting here with my pumpkin custard that I froze when i learned that pumpkin was not allowed on Ph1-well now it is watery-not sure if that is from the soy milk I used or what.
Am happy to hear that it is supposed to rain today!!! ok ok so nothing like killer icy roadways to give one a new appreciation for what we thought we were all sick of around here (Has been the wettest winter on record)

Mamajok-how are things up in your corner of Wa? Hope you are staying warm and dry.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #22  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good afternoon chicks! Hope everyone is having a good day! I can't chat long....it's been a busy day today! I keep telling myself that I'm going to get up earlier so I can get on here and read all of the posts but I can't seem to drag my sleepy head out of bed!

I went grocery shopping the night before last to prepare me and dh to start SB. I guess that's a good start but I've realized that I need to take it a step further and cook ahead of time for my breakfasts and lunches. I'm so busy changing diapers,feeding babies, and doing lessons that I don't have time to stop and cook a meal. Dh wants to do this with me but I'm concerned because he won't eat alot of veggies and I'm not sure if he could stay full on this diet! He says he'd be satisfied just doing Ph2 but for me I know it's gotta be ph1. Well, I better go...I've got lots to do. I'll check in later! Have a grrrreat day!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning girls...Yea, still morning here in CA...Weather cold but sunny today.

After yesterday, which was a dizzy day for me, today is much slower...Thank goodness...

House cleaned up, watched 2 programs I taped, and going to get ready to drive 20miles to my eye doctor...Have to pick up meds for old dog, puffin...age 14. and then water class tonight....The class at night is a heck of a lot easier than the A.M class...

I am one that tried the Califlower Mashed (potatoes) and loved them...

Having guest tomorrow and planning on cooking a special dessert from sis...called Crock Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake...None for me but guest will love it..Celebrating two friends birthdays.

Hope to meet sis at chat at 10:30.

Best to all of you today.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #24  

tar675 - I found that the only way I stay on plan with the kids under foot is to take the time on the weekend to prepare some items. Wash lettuce, cut celery and peppers, etc. And my DH sits on the beach with me at home, but his lunch? He has whatever he pleases. And he keeps some snacks that we both love and I just can not have in the house at his desk. He calls it the pseudo-beach and when we did this last time (I am restarting again after another baby) he lost 15 pounds.

I love hearing what everyone is up to...its so much fun hanging out on the beach!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Sorry I missed you sis, even though the snow is still coming down we made it to our excercise class. Just got home (and have to eat) so will make this short.

I will come back later to post some encouragement to others.

Yeah, lost more, feeling great!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Good moring girls.

Busy morning but i did get my walk in with neighbor. A little slick in a few places.

When you lose weight how do you get the curser on the bar to move?

I amd glad to meet lubajo's sister.

I made my son macaroni. I'll have to stay away from it . Will be hard, but I can do it.

I enjoy reading the posts. Got to get a new picture. Bunnsbaby had it first.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #27  

Hi Morning Star... here's the easiest way to change your current weight:

Go into User CP ( its on the top bar, first menu item)
Once you click on that you will be brought to your profile info. On the left side look for "Edit signature". Click on that. Scroll down and you will see a box that has code in it.
Look at your code and you will see three numbers that represent your Starting weight, Goal weight, and Current weight. The last number is your current weight and is the only one you need to change.
Change the current weight to your NEW current weight. Make sure you don't change anything else, or you may have to go make a new tracker. Now save your signature.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

THE SNOW IS
F
A
L
L
I
N
G!!

Just thought I'd share with you that the snow does fall in Texas! (It's actually snowing across most of the state right now!) Gotta get to work! Have a great **warm** beachy day!
Old 01-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #29  

Aren't you creative Kim!! Ya know I never knew it snowed in Texas- thought it was too far south...but then again it's such a BIG state that I guess the north part is in the snow area

Hoooo Boy Tooo many posts! We beachers are a chatty bunch eh?

WW. What a great idea! I've got a visual in my head and think it MUST be Beautiful! Ya know ya got me thinking now maybe later on I will start a thread of what people have done or their own wish list of stuff.. The books I've been reading state that alot of folks take a YEAR or longer to develop Wish Lists and be conscious of how they move in their kitchen and other spaces to complete the design of their home/rooms .. I think a Brain stormin thread with the chicks would help me! We are all so different and Unique --the more ideas the better I say!
I've been trying to figure out how I can use the abundance of Quartzy stones on the property. Just like you have done - the stones are so pretty I'd like to incorporate them somewhere.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Hello, Meant to say Bunnababy, not Bunnsbaby . Sorry
Closed Thread