South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #31  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the suggestions, soon2Bfab! None of those fries for me, though, thanks -- don't like sweet potatoes or radishes. That reminds me, though -- I haven't had heartburn since before I started SB! I used to get it at LEAST every second day. Woo hoo!

I've seen the peanut butter cookie recipe. I'm scared to try it! I did go out and buy natural PB, though, so I suppose I should.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #32  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

You are right - I just looked at the updates to the list and it's Phase 2 that carrots are allowed now, not Phase 1. I wasn't that hungry anyway and decided to save them for lunch - now I'll just put them back in the fridge!
Old 01-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Today is the start of Day 4 for me!

I have been working on getting beans in - so tonight I am having homemade chilli (thank goodness my bf is such a good cook!!). I woke up without a headache, almost energetic!! I might switch my multivitamin from lunch to breakfast, it seems to be the better meal, lunch was still a little queezy yesterday.

So whats the typical weight loss for phase 1? I have nearly 70 pounds to lose.

-Aimee
Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #34  
gotta lose it!

Swim, when I did SB the first time I lost 11lbs in 2005 (but I was 210 at the time.) This time I've lost 10lbs the first week, but that was w/TOM.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #35  
...to everything

Aimee, in the SBD book, it mentions that average is 8-13 pounds in the first two weeks. I lost 6 pounds my first week, but it was TOM for me, too, so realistically probably around 3-4. I "only" had 39 to lose, though.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:43 PM   #36  

I JUST got TOM this morning - so funny to read about both of you having it and then getting it myself. I drank MORE water and less caffiene today today to try and fight the effects of it. Tomorrow is my normal weigh in, while it's not an entire week into SB .. it'll feel weird NOT to weigh. So I'm going to do it anyways. Last weigh in was 233, so I am hoping for a couple of pounds, altho if I'm down 4 (average 1 pound a day), I'll jump for joy!

Do any of you find this diet kind of all consuming at first? I am welcoming this all consumption, Christmas was pretty full with my family and I'm feeling a little low without everyone here.

Shelby - Congrats on the 6 pounds! Every single pound has been a struggle for me, so "only 39" sounds like "holy cow 39 pounds?!?!" heh.

I always wonder if I'll appreciate being thinner a lot because of how hard it is for me. Hope to find that out this year!!

-Aimee
Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #37  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Aimee, I'm always consumed by a new program when I first start. I thirst for knowledge, so I delve as deep into it as I can. In the last week and a half, I've read the SBD book twice as well as the Good Fats/Good Carbs Guide.

Keep up the good work, everyone!! I bid you all farewell as I moved into Phase 2 yesterday.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #38  
...to everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
Do any of you find this diet kind of all consuming at first? I am welcoming this all consumption, Christmas was pretty full with my family and I'm feeling a little low without everyone here.

Shelby - Congrats on the 6 pounds! Every single pound has been a struggle for me, so "only 39" sounds like "holy cow 39 pounds?!?!" heh.
Thirty nine pounds seemed like a lot for me, too. The most I've ever lost was 13!! Then I came here and started reading everyone's stories and I'm like, "Wow, I can totally do this, look at all the amazing women that are doing it -- and keeping it off!" It's really inspiring!

I find this diet completely all-consuming. I feel like all I do is think about my meal plan, cook dinner, prepare lunch, cook breakfast, grocery shop, stress about how much $$ I'm spending grocery shopping, and talk about the plan.

Weighed myself this morning -- even though I'm supposed to wait until Monday -- and was down another 2 pounds; that makes 8 since the 8th! Woo hoo! I was really hoping for a 10 pound loss the first month; looks like it might actually happen!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #39  

I can't believe it's Day 5 for me! Good to hear I'm not the only one feeling pretty consumed by this diet - so far the grocery bill has been pretty high. BUT I am eating all my meals at home so I'm pretty sure it's actually saving me money, normally I'll eat out 4-5 meals a week.

I haven't been brave enough to get on my scale yet, I feel pretty bloated from TOM, so at this point if I'm down AT ALL I'll be satisfied, stupid tom.

Shelby - congrats on the weight loss! 8 pounds is pretty good! 31 to go, you are knocking off that weight pretty good right now

-Aimee
Old 01-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #40  
...to everything

Oh, don't even talk to me about the grocery bill!!! I'm sure it could be done cheaper, but we don't eat out much, anyway, and now with SB, our grocery bill this month is going to be at least 150% of normal. I keep telling myself that it'll get easier to save money, and that it's all for a good cause. My boyfriend says, "Well, that's what money is for -- to maintain our health and happiness. This is doing both for you, so it's worth it." He's so great!

If you're feeling bloated, why not just wait until after your first week, Aimee?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:08 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 170

Height: 4' 11"

I am on day 3 of SBD and am doing pretty good. I have lost 3 pounds. I weighed 170 now am 167. It has been easy for me to stick with it this time, because I went out at bought all the foods that I needed. So I can always find something to snack on. I can't figure out how to get my 3 fatchicks.com weight chart on, can some one write and tell me how. Thanks. Joyce
Old 01-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #42  

Shelby - I did get on my scale and it actually said down 5 pounds!! I can definiely accept that! We went and did more grocery shopping today, 70 dollars later! Some of that was stuff for the bf who is still eating "normally", I am trying not to think about it right now. Sounds like your bf is in the right mind set, it's definitely worth the extra money I think.

Joyce - if you go to the top of the screen and go to "User CP", and then go to "edit signature", and there should be something on that page for the ticker. Hope that helps!

-Aimee
Old 01-18-2007, 06:23 PM   #43  
...to everything

Woo Hoo Aimee!! Congrats on the 5 pounds; that's amazing!
Old 01-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #44  

Thanks It's feeling like it's worth it.. man this is a lot of hard work, eh?

-Aimee
Old 01-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #45  

Well today is my first day and it is ok so far. I made the cheesecake (yuck) so not for me and also the peanut butter cookies which those I can handle. I am taking my 2 boys to Disney World March 17 so I need to lose as much weight as I can now till then. I hope I can do this.
Closed Thread