South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:59 PM   #16  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH!
Oh how I miss snow!! When I lived in Pa. I remember getting quite a bit of it and also when we lived in Germany but where I live now ....in MD we're lucky to get it once or twice sometime after Christmas!!!

Well, it's nice to be back to the beach! I miss chatting with you ladies! I have to run for now...I've got little ones to lay down for a nap! Have a great day girls!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #17  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, the lane has filled in again so I've decided to go for a nap instead of shovelling. Bruce will be back to do it again as soon as the snow stops. I had to shovel a drift away from theh deck door so the girls could go out! Oy!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Okay, this is only the 3rd time I've tried to post today! Each time I get interrrupted. I'm here at home today, but with 3 littles ones and a 4th to show up sometime this afternoon. Monica called late last night asking if I could keep Carley a few days, as she just found out she could go along with her DH who had been invited to play at the governor's inaugaural today and tomorrow. They dropped her off early this morning on their way to Harrisburg, and Audrey & Maggie are also here because of MLK Day. When Amber found out that everyone is here, she asked to come over, too, so her other grandmother is bringing her soon. It's been pretty chaotic, but I have Carley down for her nap now, and the others are watching a movie and having some quiet time.
On the weight loss issue, Mr. Evil Scale is being awful today. I expected to see a big loss, and the scale isn't budging! I don't know what's going on, as I've been so careful. I'm digging in my heels, though, and not giving up!

Schatzi ~ The way I feel right now, I should have made that cake and eaten the entire thing, for all the good it did! I'm going to re-examine my diet and find out just where I'm going wrong. That should be fun today, checking out house plans. Are you going to plan in a special crafts room for yourself?

Ruth ~ Enjoy all that snow, but do be careful in it. Thank goodness Bruce had a change of heart and came to help dig you out! We may get snow later in the week, it will be the first for us this winter, too!

Kim ~ I'm glad there's better news on your friend, I was going to ask you about her. I'll continue to say a prayer for her.

Kiko ~ Enjoy your day off with your little ones. I hope the roads improve so you can get out to your mother's for dinner later. I can take almost any kind of weather except ice! I'm terrified to drive in it! I'm wondering where Barb's been, too. She'll probably pop in here before too long.

Gotta run for now. Hi! to everyone else! I don't have time to post to all right now!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #19  
Barbara

S/C/G: 272/260/170

Height: 5'10"

Default I want snow,too!!!!!!

I know this is not the main idea of the thread -- but I just had to whine a little bit. We moved here 3 years ago -- and nothing!

We may get a little sleet tonight, but down here maybe means not. I've lived in Chicago, Muscatine Iowa, northern New Jersey, and Dover DE ----- and I want winter!

I'm almost done with Phase one, but I don't think I'm ready to give it up yet. At the end of this week I should start phase 2, but maybe just a little bit. I am enjoying looking at the scale right now.

Hope all you snowbirds have fun. Go tobogganing for me, and I hope you do not lose your power!

Barbara
Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Day Everyone...
I tried to make little notes to each of you but this ol' lady can't remember where she laid her purse let alone all your names, places you go, errands you run, etc...

BUT,

I do remember seeing a few of you have SNOW just like we do here in the PNW. We have sunshine but it's too cold to melt the snow. They are predicting another snow storm tonight! DH and I are going to brave the roads to stock up again before the next storm.

I also remember to pray for recovery for a friend.
A nice weight loss among you this fine Monday. Concrats to all!

A few are at a temporary stand-still...it will come off in a bigger chunk so don't sweat it. As long as we keep OP and do our excercises it has no choice but to come off...so don't lose heart.

I get to weigh-in on Tuesday so I will post my up or down tomorrow. I pray my three days off did not cause me to gain back what I worked so hard to get off.

Sis, I sure love you!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #21  
Finnigan Begin Again

I'm in Sydney, so the southern end of Australia. Summer's been fairly mild until about a week ago, BOOM! It's been stinkin' hot ever since.

I'm not someone who handles the heat well...a bit funny since we're getting married in sweltering Fiji in 7 weeks! I'd better get used to it!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #22  

Afternoon ladies...

A quick check in while the little one naps. She wears herself out trying to keep up after her big sister. They are too funny and at an age where they play together quite a bit.

Cottage Sorry that the scale isn't being your friend. I hate it when you are doing all the right things and it isn't cooperating. Sounds like your house will be pretty loud after nap time!

Ruth I am proud of you for choosing the nap- you don't slow down for those too often.

After not getting in my 10,00 steps yesterday, I decided to actually exercise today! What a concept. It certainly improved my mood as did scrubbing some baseboards, dusting, and vacuuming the house. It will be nice to start my 4 day work week with a clean house. We also went for a quick Home Depot trip and the roads seem to be just fine. I am glad we will get to enjoy a visit with my mom. My dad is cooking, so I am hoping that I can eat it. My mom is doing WW, so I will cross my fingers.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #23  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies,

Am I allowed to join in here? I'd really love a place to chat and people to chat with. Of course, I completely understand if you're a well-established group already and don't really want newbies joining in.

I've just started week II of phase I, lost 6 pounds...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Hello Chicks, My son is home for MLK birthday so we're having kind of a lazy day.

I did go for my walk the am and my son rode his bike part of the way with me. It's still cold here but not quite as cold.

I seem to be stuck on a weight loss of 3 lbs. Hope to lose 2 more this week.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whew! That nap sure felt good. Bruce just came back and ploughed me out again. I can now get out of the lane - until the plow comes by and blocks me in again! You gotta love this climate! I'm willing to send anybody snow if they'll pay the shipping.

Hey, Ridiculously Addicted, we certainly are not a well established group - just a bunch of Beachers who like to gab so join right in! Take a boo at our join dates. I think I'm the most antique.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #26  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, you may have been here longest, but you are certainly NOT antique! You are fabulous!!!!!!!!!

Shelby, you are DEFINITELY welcome here!!! EVERYONE in the FCOTB forum is welcome to post in the daily...it's one of the best ways to get to know everyone personally!!! So, and post away...we can't wait to get to know you better!

We had an ice storm here...the trees are all bent down with ice. Blech! I decided to skip the grocery store and stay in, making the minestrone soup I had planned for a night last week but didn't get to. Sounds good...so does staying indoors!

Have a great evening, everyone, and stay safe and warm!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:45 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Everyone.. Ruth: Happy Belated Birthday...

Yesterday and so far today have made me dizzy with too much going on...

Yesterday after breakfast guest all left and mess cleaned up it was pass 11:30 then had to make a salad and get to a luncheon by noon. The luncheon was also a very long Ladies Ministry Meeting,3 1/2 hours is way too long. Why do some women want to discuss 10-15 projects instead of zeroing in on 1or 2...and doing them well...then stopped at Morning Star's place, helped (mostly watched her on the computer) and rested a bit there...got home from this too busy day around 4...then dinner etc...

Today was a rough day at Water class...Hip, leg and back all in spasm...I think I am pushing it too much...then had to get with one of my daughters to practice for Venting program we are giving tonight....My daughter is much better at throwing her voice than I, so I hope she will take the lead tonight...Now I am helping DH put up a large shade...

Girls I am just plain tired!!! Not a good feeling...but if you knew me like sis does...I keep pushing my self...

Oh nice thing...I lost another 3 lbs!!! only happy thing today. No water class until tomorrow night...Hope I can really rest later tonight and tomorrow...all day I hope....

Bless you all for posting...I enjoy reading them...

Where is the oz?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #28  

Hi Laurie!! Glad to see you in here today. I had a warm bowl of soup for lunch in this cold weather and it was perfect.

Stay warm!!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #29  

Kiko - I have been swamped! I still haven't finished reading the rest of the posts but I wanted to pop in and say I'm still alive - before I get pulled away to finish dinner. I'm trying to work from home today due to the ice and Brian is home for MLK day but he needs to finish a rough draft of his paper for the REACH program and it has been like pulling teeth. I think this is a little much to ask of a 9 year old and DH has just not been very efficient at helping him. Now he just needs his conclusion. It might have been a little easier if I had known more about the topic - the past, present and future of loudspeakers. Yuck!

I've been swamped all weekend too. I had a District Committee meeting Saturday morning and then the scouts went to an activity badge workshop on Scientist taught by a boy scout troop in the afternoon. Then we tried to grab some groceries. The store didn't have any bananas or several other things I wanted. Everyone was buying like we would be iced in all week! Sunday, we skipped church due to the threat of ice and I spent all day working with Brian on the past and future parts of his outline. We did make it to the Pinewood Derby workshop yesterday just long enough to weigh his car. In between everything else, we've been painting the car. Today he did the present section(finally). I have GOT to make it in to the office tomorrow and then I have a troop guide meeting tomorrow night.

Now, I'll try to read the rest of the posts.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #30  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Anna-my husband and his dad are big bear fans too.

Jetsetter-hope your neck and back recover soon. That must have been a terrible fall.
Closed Thread