South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #31  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday, Ruth!!

Morning, all. Been a long day already. I think it was 5:30 when I was forced out of bed. Toss a re-aggravated back (yes, again...darn it) and a bad case of PMS on top, and I shouldn't be allowed near other people today.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #32  
Just getting started

S/C/G: 235/223/140

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUTH!!!!

Schatzi: Where in NC are you from? I just moved to Clayton/Raleigh from Concord (right outside of Charlotte). I miss Concord a lot, but am loving our new place out here. I live in Clayton and work in Raleigh.

LC: I agree! Retail therapy is great! Did some of that yesterday at the biggest flea market I have ever been to. It is at the state fairgrounds. I should have worn a pedometer! My legs are still hurting from all the walking we did! Definitely going back there again. Lots of homemade jewelry (a weakness of mine)

I am very excited to scream to the world that, after my first week on South Beach, I have lost 8 pounds! I'm so beyond tickled; I just can't stand it! I'm going to get my nails done today as a reward. Can't wait!

I hope you all have a great day today!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just got back from a very pleasant morning at Mom & Dad's. It's super foggy here today, but mild. Jake wants to go out later to Home Depot and I need to make a run to Trader Joe's, so I hope the fog lifts by then.
There are a lot of long faces around these parts today, due to the Eagles losing last night. Jake had the game on, and although I'm not a sports fan, it looked like they played a good game.
Nothing much else going on here today. DS and family will probably come over later for supper. I may make Beachgal's Incredible Chocolate Cake. The recipe sounds good, but my big problem will be portion control. Maybe I'll just freeze the leftover, or even better, send the rest home with DS. I want my scale to give me a good report at tomorrow's weigh-in!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

It's almost 9:30 here in the Pacific North West corner of the world and I am just now able to sit down for a few.

I had a very early start (not unusual for me) so after my DH and I read I made him breakfast...then made mine ...I cook two different dishes each meal because DH works out all the time and can eat a whole lot more than I and still maintain his weight.

I started cleaning out drawers and couldn't quit! I found at least five more bags of stuff to cart off to DD's house for her garage sale. She called me this morning saying "Mom, I can't go through these personal boxes you gave me because they are full of your personal papers and journals" So of course I told her to bring them back and I will go through them...thought they were gone forever.

I wish I had time to comment on each and evreyone's post but this is a hectic morning. I needed to just come here and read your posts to get perspective on things. I do not want to blow all the good I have done in the last 12 days so need this site more than food!

Please have a great rest of the weekend gals...those of you who love football, enjoy the Seahawk's game...DH is watching it as I type!

Love you sis...really wish I could come down in Feb...not possible.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #35  

Morning gals!

Happy Birthday Ruth!!!!!!

Ruth Enjoy your special day!!!!!!

Jet I hate days like that! Especially since as a mom of little ones, there is no chance of alone time. Do your girls both nap? My 19 month old does, but not the older one (she is 5). She is good about letting me cat nap or curl up with a book which is nice.

Cottage I am dying to try that chocolate cake recipe, but know that I am not that in control yet to not eat the whole thing!!

Blue WTG on an 8 pound loss!! That is something to feel good about.

Rebel I am cracking up at your description of your evening. That is exactly what I did on New Year's Eve. Although I am sure that the Fritos I consumed that night would rank on a Phase 20!! Today is a new day!!

Me- Went to church this morning, there were very few people there in comparison to most Sundays. I am mentoring a 6th grade confirmation girl and we were supposed to meet this morning as a big group and do ice breaker activities. I was worried that she would be there and I wouldn't. The reverse happened as she wasn't there. Oh well!

Not much else on the agenda for the day- we are home for the afternoon as they are still thinking the weather is getting bad. I was OP yesterday, but too many grains and way too many peanuts!! Monday is going to be my WI day at school, but we don't have school tomorrow, so it will be Tuesday. Plenty of time to use the flush theory of as much water as my body can handle.

Gotta go, the troops are wanting lunch..... I feel like such a short order cook somedays!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUTH!

"A well adjusted woman is one who not
only knows what she wants for her birthday, but
even knows what she's going to exchange it for"

Wishing you the best BIRTHDAY ever!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:47 PM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back from Church and have done a few niggles. Aside from my rum cake which I resisted, the idiots had champagne! Gotta love the Anglicans! Canines and champers in Church!

Thanks for the BD greetings. There's lots of mileage left on this chassis.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM   #38  
Finnigan Begin Again

Morning ladies, and Happy Birthday Ruth!

I jumped on the scales last night and I've lost another 3kg (6.6lbs) bringing my total weight loss for 4 days to 11lbs

Time to update my ticker!
Old 01-14-2007, 05:29 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

WOW sounds like you all are doing so well-I, on the other hand SUCK-scale up and down and hovering areound where I started in spite of working out a bunch-my thing is I justify my bad food by-gee I worked out at the gym over 2 hours-I deserve buttered popcorn etc..... I have been doing pretty well during the day-but it is so cold here I have been crawling into bed and watchig dvd's and EATING-NO NO NO NO BAD BAD BAD-and then last night i mixed up a package of bronies (NOT SBD) and ate most of them. Today I am taking a day off at the gym to rest-but I feel like I need to start over entirely here.
On the other hand the waves of cellulite don't keep rolling as I jog on the treadmill-could feel it with each step before-I swear-and I HATE that the treadmills are the front row of cardio machines at the gym-dont want to think what the view was like from behind. But at least I am toning up-also startig to see definition on my arms.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:40 PM   #40  
Finnigan Begin Again

I haven't done any exercise as yet, I'm trying to let my body get used to it's new fuel before I exert myself. I've been tempted MULTIPLE times (fiance eating HOT FRIES, friends offering me CHOCOLATE, eating dinner at a pancake house, the list goes on) and I am so proud for not caving.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

I didn't make that cake today, after all. I decided it would be too tempting to have in the house today, since I've had a case of the "munchies" all day long. I've learned something, though, that I should listen to my body. For breakfast this morning I wanted oatmeal, but had eggs instead, and I believe that just got my cravings going. Just 2 hours after eating the eggs I felt as hungry as if I hadn't eaten breakfast at all. I'm happy to say that I just beared with it and have stayed totally OP all day. I'm going to make a ricotta creme with fresh strawberries for my dessert in a bit, and that will be it for the day. Whew!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #42  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Happppppppppppppy Birthday Ruth

Here's a genie in a bottle so you can have 3 wishes
Old 01-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #43  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

I've been soooo bad today!! Seems I've replaced eating with online shopping!! The check card didn't scream too loud, but none of it was in the budget. One of my purchases was a set of Turbo Jam DVDs. I'll have to actually use them to kill the guilt.

Time to put the girls to bed. Hope y'all are enjoying the evening.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #44  

Cottage Good for you for knowing that the cake would have been too tempting! Did DS wind up coming over for dinner?

Jet Better than eating, right?? Hope bedtime is easy and uneventful for you. My two have been playing dressup and running around the house. I think they are wearing themselves out which is fine by me.

Ruth Now, I never call someone with champange an idiot!!

WildW You can do this!! Maybe a few days of Phase 1 to recleanse your body??

I have been the biggest slug today!! Spent a quality hour with my 5 year old snuggling on the couch and doing a little sewing project she got for her birthday. Other than that, not much of anything. Laundry is still caught up (yeah me!) and I have prepared and cleaned up 3 meals. That is about it! Great football on today, both games have been fantastic!

Some SF jello and a book are on the agenda for tonight- no work tomorrow. Yippee!!

Night girlies!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Dear Ruth, hope your birthday has been a happy one!
Closed Thread