Terrific Thursday Chat

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning gals!

Just starting us off before I hit the shower. Have a marvelous day!!
  • Good Morning!

I posted under Barb's Birthday thread before I saw this one! Have a great day, everyone!
  • G'morning!
    Hi all! Hope your morning and day are great! I'm up before the sun to do a little weights before I have to go to work. Being at work by 0600 makes it difficult to get much done in the morning, but I"m trying to be committed to doing a little something exercise-wise before I go.

Kiko, have a good day!

Cottage, I tried the vinegar drink before bed last night. It didn't taste bad at all, kind of like having salad......in water???

Ruth, I know you are up to your ears in doggage and repairmen.....some people seem to get to have all the fun! I knew you wouldn't go too long without a cabana boy!

Schatzi, have I told you I'm jealous of the acreage thing? I would love to live in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains, big stars...ahhhhhhhh

Well, it snowed pretty good last night and I need to shovel walks before work....I wish my dh were home, he's the snow removal king!

Hey, everyone give yourselves a pat on the back today! You deserve it!
  • Good morning! I was in earlier but got distracted and didn't start the daily. Mea culpa! Everybody seems bright and perky this morning and ready to roll into Thursday.

It's not freezing cold in here today as I remembered to throw another chunk of wood into the stove at bedtime. The Girls were still sleeping on the couch in the back room when I came downstairs which meant it was cozy out there. I must reload the woodbin today because I think this is real winter now.

As soon as it gets light, I'll lug a bunch of recycle stuff to the road for pick-up. The "lad" will be shocked at the number of booze bottles! There are 24 champagne bottles from Christmas Eve plus others. That'll be good for some village gossip - like I care!

I really must go to town for some odds and sods but just can't seem to get enthused. I need to decide what I am taking to Florida next month as I am going to spend a week with Lorraine (Greenhouse) and her husband on Sanibel. When I get home, it'll be nearly March when L. and I will start working together in the Greenhouse baskets and planters. She sold the business but we did agree to help the new owner get started this season. We ordered plants in October.

There's a glimmer of gray in the south east - the days really are getting longer. It was still bright at 4:45 yesterday.

Have a good Thursday, Beachers.
  • Wakey! Wakey!
    Kiko and Cottage and RNMOM are all cranked up and started. Where is everyone else?

It's very cold out there! All the recycle is out and the day is unfolding as a sunny one, for the morning, at least. I've got the Church bulletin written and printed and have decided to traipse off to town while the driving is good. If I go now, I'll be outta there before my nemesis, the Chinese Buffet, starts! I sure don't need any more water retention after my stir-fry sauce disaster!

As Meowee says, and let's get movin' and shakin'!
  • Morning, Beachers! I'm up to my eyeballs in nothingness this morning. The girls wanted to do everything but get dressed and out the door, so I'm happy to see nothing waiting for me at my desk. Off to enjoy my coffee and cheesecake breakfast.

Have a great day, everyone!!
  • Good morning all.

Been MIA for awhile as we had to go out of town unexpectedly.

It's freezing here today -25 right now BRRRRR. Glad I'm retired and don't have to go outside.

Ruth, nice to hear you talking about plants. I also saw jiffy pots and starter kits in the store last week. Spring can't be far away.

Ithink I'm going to do some baking today - SB friendly of course.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Good Morning Beachers, all is quiet here in North Texas, and I'm so boring I'm boring myself.
    When I get out of this wheelchair and through therapy, Maybe my life will be back to normal and I won't put myself to sleep. Here's a question for ya: I won't be able to weigh myself till after the boot comes off, but I am still following the SB WOL. I want to stay on it, soooo...do you think it will be ok for me to continue posting here? Or should I wait till I can have weekly weigh in's?
    Ya'll are such a hoot that I enjoy reading everything and am learning every day. What do ya think...
    Diva
  • Good morning Y'all It's a bright and sunny day down here but still cold...at 37 deg. I think it's gonna warm up nicely tho!! I was pretty much a slug yesterday, I stayed on the internet most of the day and ended up accidentally skipping lunch! I don't know why I wasn't hungry...so I had a snack of some pistachios and then my DH and I started watching "Lady in the Water" and I ended up skipping dinner too!! WHAT'S UP WITH THAT!!! I wasn't hungry all day yesterday! but I woke up RAVENOUS this morning!
    and a bit shakey...maybe my coffee & omelet will get me going again!
    Well I guess I'd better get ready for work now! I'll see you CHICKS later!!
  • Morning all!!! Diva, please stay & post! You can always learn & share in here and once you can weight yourself, you can share that too!!
    Phins - I'm with you, not very hungry lately, but I think mine's emotional. I picked up my cat's ashes last night - he had failing kidneys & we lost him 2 days after Christmas. I went home & crawled into bed. I woke up this morning & still not hungry, but I am drinking water.
    Ruth - Florida sounds like fun, are the fur babies going with you?
    Well I have some chores to do (laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping - you know the fun stuff!) I'll check in later
  • Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful, freezing day here in NYC - they're saying our temperatures are going to start to rise again, though. I'll miss my winter coat with its nice hood when I can't wear it anymore. Big scare at work this morning - I'm the product photographer for our company, and we thought the camera had been stolen. Luckily, someone who cleans had just moved it, but I might have been held accountable if we hadn't found it!

All my cravings have been staved off nicely, but last night I had my hand absently moving towards my roommate's stash of cookies before I mentally shook myself back into shape and made some rosemary salmon instead. I'm going for an orientation session at a gym today so we'll see!
  • GOOD GRIEF...IT'S ALMOST THE AFTERNOON!!

I woke up SO late this morning! Got to work at 9:30.

I wish I had time to chat, but some of us at work are talking about doing an office weight loss plan!

~Kim
  • Kim - IMO it's more fun to lose with friends. Have fun if you guys do start it up.

Jenny - Good job stopping yourself from digging into the cookie stash. Just think, next winter you'll have a really good reason to buy a great new coat. I'm looking forward to being able to wear my favorite leather coat again.

soon2Bfab - Enjoy those chores. Feel free to come over to my house when you're done.

PHinsUP - You'd better eat today. I'm guessing you were hungry, but your brain chose to ignore the signals. Try to have a good day.

Diva - Definitely stick around. Who cares if you can't step on a scale? You'll be feeling a difference in your clothes soon, I'm sure. Thinking back to your post a day or 2 ago...don't forget that you can always do some modified exercise while you're still in the wheelchair. Google "seated exercise" to see what kind of variety is out there...you might be surprised!

SBLynn - Good to see you back. What did you decide to bake today?

me - I'm still in the middle of nothing today. I picked up my sweater and have been working on knitting a sleeve. At this rate, that part will be finished by the end of tomorrow.

We're going to be getting a nasty storm front in tonight...freezing rain and snow. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel my plan to visit my parents this weekend. I really don't want to be out on the road tomorrow...especially after dark. We'll go up next weekend instead. Gives me time to get out of Phase 1 and my mother won't give me such a hard time about eating (though it will still be a challenge unless she lets me cook). Suppose I should pick up that gas log for the fireplace I've been meaning to get. Hopefully the thing works if we do lose power at some point.
  • Good day all!
    I posted on Barb's b'day page early this morning...just found this one. Boy I need a GPS to find my way around here

Supposed to meet sis at 10:30 this morn so that's why I'm on again.

We have a foot of snow, the sun is shining but it's still in freezing mode so we stay home today. Missed doc appt, and excercise class - darn!

All you girls are doing well and keeping me on my toes - thanks.

I have to tell you I do not follow SB but something akin to it...is it okay for me to stay here as long as I don't talk about the foods I eat or recipes?

I like to read all your posts - the inspire me.

Keep up the good job everyone!
  • Morning Star
    It's very cold here for location in N Calif. Nice sunshine. Not much news but I have lost 3 lbs. so far this week. That is exciting. Enjoy all of your posts. Bye for for now.