South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM   #31  

User name/name: EofAZ/Evangeline

BIRTHDAY: 12/08
MARITAL STATUS: Married

TOP WEIGHT: 287

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240

GOAL WEIGHT: 165

HEIGHT: 5' 6 3/4" (Dr's have never given me that last 1/4 of an inch)

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: I don't know, my eyebrows are brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Sewing, dogs, camping, reading, cake decorating

PETS: Peanut (tan pug boy), Ebony (black pug girl), Ivory (retriever/chow cross, girl) and Precious (cockatiel)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Tucson, AZ

FAVORITE COLOR: Blues and purples

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian/Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: weight lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I just love the number series by Janet Evanovich and the alphabet series by Susan Grafton

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): 27 Dresses

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Too much dieting by restricting food, low calories or skipping meals. Cravings leading into binging.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Finally realize what I need to succeed are to focus on low GI foods. The refined foods just send me over the top and if I can limit consumption of those hopefully I will be able to control the craving/binging cycle I've been in. My normal meals have always been pretty reasonable it is just I haven't been successful in being satisfied with just my meals and scheduled snacks. Since reading the SBD I really feel like I'm getting a handle on how food affects me and what I need to do to have the affects beneficial to my health. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and it is ok for me to eat and not be afraid of food. The strangest part is that I was investigating low GI foods when I accidentally came across this forum and realized that was the basis of the SBD, I thought the SBD was a fad and never picked up the book until I came across this forum but I had figured out prior that I needed to structure my eating around low GI foods and actually started my own version of Phase 1 before I realized that the SBD already outlined what I was trying to figure out and put together on my own.

Last edited by EofAZ; 07-22-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 228/224/130

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Smile

User name/name: Lotstoolooze

BIRTHDAY: 9/4/68

TOP WEIGHT: 230

CURRENT WEIGHT: 224

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5' 2"

EYE COLOR: BLUE

HAIR COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Scapbooking, Cooking, Swimming, Reading, and Myspace (yes I did get hooked)lol

PETS: N/A

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Gun Barrel City, TX

FAVORITE COLOR: Lime Green and Bright Orange

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian/Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Weight Lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I read alot of Christian Novels

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Armagedon is my all time favorite

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Just not giving it my all. I have come to the conclusion that I am changing my life style not dieting.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL:
I am ready to take care of me. I just had Gall Bladder Surgery Sunday 8/10. It scared me alot. I know it had alot to do with my diet. I am ready to change my eating habits and live by it. SB looks like it is easy and you can still eat really good! I want to be healthy and fit for 2009.

Theresa

Last edited by lotstoolooze; 08-18-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 353/324/190

Height: 5'9"

User name/name: newcreation2911/Liz

BIRTHDAY: 7/23/1980

MARITAL STATUS: single

TOP WEIGHT: 300

CURRENT WEIGHT: 266

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5' 9"

HAIR COLOR: Brownish/redish

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, watching movies, church

PETS: I got my kitten! His name is Tuna.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Bangor, ME

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Thai

FAVORITE EXERCISE: trying to become a runner

FAVORITE BOOK(S): too many to list...Jodi Picoult is my favorite author and the Bible

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Halloween

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I am so busy making excuses about why it will never work that I never even gave it a chance. All of my friends are skinny minny's and they are into the whole "one treat/piece of cake/ice cream/etc. isn't going to kill you."

I am looking at my future (getting married,having kids) and I want to be healthy before all of that. The time is now. I am at a good place in my life which is going to help a lot.

Last edited by newcreation2911; 10-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #34  
Creative Beacher

Smile

User name/name: merryalta/Alta

BIRTHDAY: May 31

TOP WEIGHT: I'm still in denial

CURRENT WEIGHT: 147

GOAL WEIGHT: Size 9/10 jeans

HEIGHT: 5' 3"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafts, dance, design

PETS: Merlin (cat), Grover (cat), Merry (dog but thinks she's a cat)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Lexington, KY

FAVORITE COLOR: oh, I can't decide. . .

FAVORITE FOODS: pizza, black olives, tortellini, crab legs (this is going nowhere good )

FAVORITE EXERCISE: modern dance class

FAVORITE BOOK(S): She's come undone - Wally Lamb

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): I'll have to think about that

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I really didn't realize how my food was affecting my weight. I thought that eating pasta, rice, bread was not a real problem. It's lowfat, right?

This is really the first time I have actually "dieted". So that, for a start, has made me more successful because I'm in control, I KNOW what to eat, I'm not guessing. My goal is more about being healthy than weight loss.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #35  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

User name/name: Rikki

BIRTHDAY: Jan 28

MARITAL STATUS: Engaged- will be married in 2 weeks!

TOP WEIGHT: 252

CURRENT WEIGHT: 195

GOAL WEIGHT: 150

HEIGHT: 5' 7.5"- yes, that half counts!

HAIR COLOR: Blonde NATURALLY!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Hair, Cooking, shopping, hiking, camping, the beach, the lake, family, friends, and 3fc!

PETS: 4 cats and 2 dogs- yes I need a farm

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nashvegas, TN

FAVORITE COLOR: Green, black

FAVORITE FOODS: I have 2 pick a fave? I LOVE lettuce. lol... but I love most food- thats what got me here in the first place!- I am a vegetarian so no meat for me!

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Hiking, swimming- things that don't seem like exercise!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Laurell K Hamilton Anita Blake vamp hunter books

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Elf, Shrek, The Labyrenth
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving in to temptation- and having the idea of I already ruined today- so what the other 1000 extra calories you consume won't make a difference? OF COURSE they will dummy!

I am in this for the long haul. I am not worried if I don't lose a pound this week or next week as long as I keep losing and eating right, it will work for me as long as I work the program. If I want a treat, I have one- I just am aware of the consequences and get right back on program. There is no giving up or going back. I feel like this program is making me eat healthier than I have eaten in forever which is why I am where I am today! I love South Beach!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #36  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

September welcomes:

Alta! Love this:
Quote:
My goal is more about being healthy than weight loss.
So true!!! The "lowfat" trend did so much to hurt so many of us. Glad you're focused on health!

Rikki! Love your age. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals! So glad you're looking at this for the long haul.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #37  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: SW/178, CW 167, GW 122-128

Height: 5' 3"

Default My Story - BIO for 2008

Hi, I have been reading some posts for the last few days and am ready to join in the forums! Everyone seems so nice and supportive and I think thats what I really need. I'm not sure what to right about myself yet, so I'll have to think about it. I'm still trying to figure out what forum I need to go to.

My name is Melanie, I am a divorced, single Mom with two Elementary aged children. I'm 35.5 yrs old and live in South Florida. I like sewing, quilting, reading, the beach, camping and my kids most of all! I take evening classes at the local college towards my degree (currently in American Sign Language). I am an Office Administrator for a medium sized church.

I became overweight taking fertility drugs to get pregnant with my first child and 9 years later I still cannot shake the extra pounds, although I haven't really put forth an honest or sincere effort. A very stressful separation (when my son was born), an even more stressful long, drawn out divorce, and the most evil ***** in the world new wife have taken up my time over the last seven years. My children are 19 mos apart, so I didn't even bother about losing weight in between. I have been with a great therapist for the last year to help my self esteem, and anxiety and cope with abusive ex and his tenacious, pathalogical wife.

So, with my self worth on the front burner and my coping skills finely tuned, I have faced my fat rolls AND here's the scoop:

I am 36 (next Tues), 5' 3" tall, Medium build, I weigh 167 lbs. currently. (I know a dream weight for some) I have neck & back problems from the extra weight on my frame, and have insomnia & anxiety. My highest weight was 180 lbs. when I got pregnant for my daughter (9). My lowest in the last 9 years has been around 145 lbs. My most comfortable weight has been about 122-126, so that is my goal.

I have been on the South Beach Diet Since August 18, 2008. My start weight was 178 lbs. I am still in Phase One, I am not quite ready to introduce carbs yet, but will soon. I do no exercise at all, but have been gathering necessary equipment to begin, just got walking shoes and hand weights, jump rope, and got bike fixed up. I need a little help getting a good exercise routine planned. But think I'm ready to start this week. I shop weekly for the proper food for the plan and follow it strictly with no cheating whatsoever.

So, if there is any one out there that is interested in a buddy, I am here! Sorry this is so long, but felt a proper intro was called for, especially since I've been reading so much about everyone this past week. My hats off to you all and I am so greatful that I have found this website!

Thanks, Melanie
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #38  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Talking Howdy!

User name/name: akacutie/Tracy

BIRTHDAY: 07/15/80

MARITAL STATUS: Single but totally in love with my DBF

TOP WEIGHT: 256

CURRENT WEIGHT: 240.5

GOAL WEIGHT: ??

HEIGHT: 5'3''

EYE COLOR: Blue

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Crochet, playing with my dogs(2 chi's), Studying for school if I can get it in

PETS: 2 dogs(chihuahua's): Coco and Rocky

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Mid-Michigan

FAVORITE COLOR: PINK

FAVORITE FOODS: chinese, Asparagus, Chicken anything...

FAVORITE EXERCISE: cycling/walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I have to pick just one? I have been reading all the Anita Blake vampire hunter series... They are pretty good...

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Sound of music, greese, Dirty Dancing

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Losing intrest and staying for the long haul- I tend to get bored with a plan I working and stray little by little till off plan completetly.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am just tired of what my weight and activity level are right now.... I want to be different.... I will keep trying until I suceed.... I have time!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #39  

Default Started SB on Wednesday 9/17

User name/name: donnaval/Donna

BIRTHDAY: Sept 14

MARITAL STATUS: Married to one guy for 35 years

TOP WEIGHT: 242

CURRENT WEIGHT: 201

GOAL WEIGHT: 125

HEIGHT: 5'3''

HAIR COLOR: Used to be brown; I think it's mostly grayish brown now but I haven't seen the real color for years!

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, travel, decorating, painting, going to yard sales and auctions

PETS: None--we do a lot of traveling and while I miss having a pet, I would hate to kennel them so often

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Western PA

FAVORITE COLOR: Sage-y Green

FAVORITE FOODS: Steak, Italian, Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: None--which is part of my problem!

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I read like crazy and go through spurts of interest. Lately I've been reading a lot of psychological thrillers.

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: I've dieted my whole life and have wrecked my metabolism so badly that I lose at a snail's pace, and get discouraged. Once I cheat, it usually turns into a binge.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I spent the last year staying pretty faithful to a very restrictive vegan diet, and while I had some minor success it was a constant struggle to be faithful to it. I found myself towards the end of this year sneaking food and binging--it was a wake-up call. I need to find a plan that I can live with for the rest of my life. I had the most success ever with Atkins, when I lost 73 pounds and kept it off for about 7 years but it just stopped working for me. I regained about half of that over a few years. I started the vegan diet to deal with that, but only managed to take off a few pounds over the past year. I chose South Beach because it has many of the things I liked so much about Atkins and goes a few healthy steps beyond. I started this past Wednesday and I'm feeling that I might have lost a little already, which is very encouraging to me. I'm TRYING to wait a whole week to weigh!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:57 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

USER NAME/NAME: sheltiemomma/Brie

BIRTHDAY: 12/24/71

Children/ages: 2 boys ages 18 & 16

TOP WEIGHT: 353

CURRENT WEIGHT: 346

GOAL WEIGHT: 140lbs

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Hazel

HAIR COLOR: Brown with lots of silver strands

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Anything artistic, making computer graphics, hanging out with my hubby, playing with my sheltie

PETS: A 9 month old sheltie named Madison

OCCUPATION: Director of a consumer-run, drop-in center for people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: South Central Michigan

FAVORITE COLOR: Pinks/Blues

FAVORITE FOODS: Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: Elliptical and treadmill

FAVORITE BOOK(S): Religious

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Natural diasters

FAVORITE SINGER/GROUP: Listen to all kinds of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Grazing; giving into my cravings and giving up

GOAL: Lose weight; feel energized; become more healthy; and most of all, I want to run
Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 208.5/204/170

Height: 5'7"

User name/name: nicole/unload2

BIRTHDAY: april 12

MARITAL STATUS: hitched

Children/ages: mikayla is 6, and emma is 3

TOP WEIGHT: 205 preggo

CURRENT WEIGHT: 175

GOAL WEIGHT: 150 ish

HEIGHT: 5'7"

EYE COLOR: green

HAIR COLOR: changes on a regular basis

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting/cooking & baking/walking/kid stuff

PETS: 2 basenji's jasper and butch

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: loveland, colorado

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: mexican, indian, any sweet treats

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking/weightlifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): audio books for my ipod...cookbooks of course!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): horror, independent, comedy, cult classics

FAVORITE/GROUP: way too many what i'm into now....the arcade fire, estelle, reggae, indie rock....so many more

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not being consistent....binging late at night.....quitting once i've given in to temptation.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I want to be a good role model for my girls....not a mom that's unmotivated and lethargic and always obsessing about the scale and thinness. Being fit and healthy is what I'd like to project. Hopefully I will follow through and use this site for support and advice and finally be able to acheive my goal.

Last edited by unload2; 09-25-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #42  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 305/299/175

Height: 5ft 7 in

User name-mmacaskill

BIRTHDAY: April 11

MARITAL STATUS:Married to a fabulous man

Children/ages: Dalton is 12 going on 40

TOP WEIGHT: 294.4 (today)

CURRENT WEIGHT: 294.4

GOAL WEIGHT: Healthy size 12

HEIGHT: 5'6"

EYE COLOR: blue

HAIR COLOR: currently blonde

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: cooking, shopping, reading, making my clients lives better, improving myself

PETS: 1 cat- calico- BooBoo Kitty 1- Dog- Hoover

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Madison, WI

FAVORITE COLOR: pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Any food loaded with protein, Mexican, seafood (any kind)

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking, weight lifting

FAVORITE BOOK(S): audio books for my ipod...cookbooks of course!

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Legally Blonde, Anchorman, Dodgeball

FAVORITE/GROUP: I love every kind of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Giving in to my alcohol ove

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFULhat my husband is being supportive and doing this with me. That I don't want to die. That I want to spend as many years as possible with my family
Old 09-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #43  
determined newbie :)

User name: fitbxmommy

BIRTHDAY: October 6

MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship

Children/ages: One son who is almost 5

TOP WEIGHT: 250

CURRENT WEIGHT: 246

GOAL WEIGHT: 155

HEIGHT: 5'8"

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Dark Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: writing, reading, music, movies, law, psychology

PETS: none

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: New York

FAVORITE COLOR: Pink

FAVORITE FOODS: Indian food,

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): too many to name

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Purple Rain

FAVORITE/GROUP: I love every kind of music

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Not keeping focused

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: Having a support system in place.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 147/138/129

Height: 5'4"

User name: tferg2000/ Teresa

BIRTHDAY: February 8th

Children/ages: One son who is 8 months old

TOP WEIGHT: 175 when pregnant

CURRENT WEIGHT: 144

GOAL WEIGHT: 130

HEIGHT: 5'4"

HAIR COLOR: Reddish Brown

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: writing, movies, home remodeling, geriatric care

PETS: Many little fish

OCCUPATION: SAHM/ Just finished a dual Master Degree in Nursing (geriatrics) & Public Health, but I'm enjoying being home with my son too much to hurry back to work! Although, I'm sure I'll need to soon.

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Georgia

FAVORITE COLOR: green

FAVORITE FOODS: Italian and Mexican

FAVORITE EXERCISE: walking

FAVORITE BOOK(S): I loved The Kite Runner, and now that I've finished school and have time to read for enjoyment rather than necessity, I look forward to finding some wonderful books to cuddle up with this winter. Any suggestions?

FAVORITE MOVIE(S): Pillow Talk, That Touch of Mink, & "Yours, Mine & Ours" (the original with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda)...I love old movies.

FAVORITE/GROUP: Classical and alternative rock, odd combination I know.

PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Lack of focus

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: My husband is very supportive and joining me in this lifestyle change. We both want to be healthy and model a healthy lifestyle for our son.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #45  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

User name/name: kmelody/Kara
BIRTHDAY: 1/9
MARITAL STATUS: In a relationship
TOP WEIGHT: 224 lbs
CURRENT WEIGHT: 215 and creeping back up there
GOAL WEIGHT: 150-160 lbs
HEIGHT: 5’10
EYE COLOR: hazel/green
HAIR COLOR: brown, recently dyed black
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: photography, reading, golfing, swimming
GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: Nebraska
FAVORITE COLOR: brown and pastels (brown/pink, brown/blue)
FAVORITE FOODS: Anything Mexican w/margaritas. Or any sweets...
FAVORITE EXERCISE: running, swimming, basketball, golf
FAVORITE BOOK(S): Too many to list!
PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Consistency. All or nothing attitude, nutrition!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I am miserable. I have the support of my wonderful boyfriend and a relentless, determined mindset. I am tired of trying to make everyone else happy but forgetting about taking care of number one.
Closed Thread