South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat - January 2

Good morning and welcome to Day Two of 2007. Today feels like the real start of the year as it'll be a relatively normal day. The kids are still on vacation until next Monday but life goes on for the rest of us.

To all the new folks and returnees, I do hope you'll join us in the daily chat. As I keep saying, there's more to life than dieting although we do chat about that in here. Feel free to post questions as separate threads though in case the query gets lost in the daily chatter.

The Pypers were able to come yesterday as the freezing rain melted away. We had our usual wonderful time and the food worked out just fine. The kids filled the woodrack for me, Margo brought dessert (trifle which I made her take home after we ate part of it!) and Glen was his usual funny self. The dogs had a ball, of course. They sure know how to have fun.

Although I usually leave my tree and decorations up until the 6th, I'm itching to get back to normal so may start a bit of un-decorating today. The house looked great this year although I didn't do as much as I usually do. Some of the unused stuff will end up at a yard sale this summer.

Right now, I'm going to evict my big bear from the exercise bike and get some leg exercising done while I watch the news.

So happy second day of the year! Pop in and let us know about your day.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ruth, and all the rest of you, too!
I just finished my breakfast of scrambled eggs w/salsa, on my fresh start of Phase 1. I gave myself a good scolding last night along with a pep talk, I just can't believe how much I strayed over the holidays. It was a case of thinking, "oh, well, this won't really hurt me if I only have a little". Boy was I wrong! But, lesson learned.

Today is back to the normal schedule again; ballet, piano and tap lessons, so most of the day will be spent ferrying the girls around. At least I have a little time to myself this morning. I think taking the tree down on Sunday stirred up my allergies, I've been sniffling and sneezing ever since, but today I'm feeling a bit better. I have to keep reminding myself that it's Tuesday, though, and not Sunday. With no mail delivery today, it makes it even harder to remember what day it is!

Well, I'm going to go and see what I can get done before I leave this morning. Have a GREAT OP DAY everybody, and here's a little to help us all.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #3  

Good Morning, and thanks for the invite to come and join you here. Just re-started yesterday and am feeling pretty good about SB this time.

I've been retired now for about a year and usually spend my days with DH and our 2 dogs. DH is retired as well, but just can't seem to stay that way, so he went and got another job. I do look after my DM on most days as well, as she is 89 and need a little bit of help.

Have a great day everyone. BBL
Old 01-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #4  

Good morning gals!

Ruth Glad that you had a fun visit with the Hyper Pypers. Is Pyper their last name? It felt good getting all of my Christmas stuff down. We kept it simple as well, and I think my house look better- less cluttered.

Cottage It is amazing how quickly the weight can creep back on, isn't it? I gained 3 pounds by munching my way through New Year's Eve. Here is to a wonderful 2007 of healthy weight loss for us!

SB Welcome!

Me- The last day of vacation, my house is so organized and I feel really rested. I am actually not dreading going back to work. DH is off today, so our last cleaning binge is going to occur today out in the garage. We are the most cluttery people- it is bad!! I made a pot of the Fireside Turkey Sausage Soup yesterday, so that is lunch for me and the crew.

Have a super day all!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Happy Tuesday to All!

I just want to say to all the newbies, returnees, and etc. This thread is awesome and the people here are the nicest on the net!

Kiko: Good luck with all the de-cluttering today. I think I'll be doing the same with my craft room and Christmas decor I didn't put out. That soup sounds like something Jason and I would love! Is the recipe in the recipe section?

SBLynn: and I'm sure you'll love it here. Have a great day!!

Cottage: Wow! Sounds like another busy day for you! I hope you get those allergies in order quickly! Our tree is coming down today, so I'm sure I'll end up going through the same thing!

Ruth: Sounds like you had a great time yesterday, but good thinking sending the trifle home! Enjoy the bike. I need to get out there and get on mine as its supposed to rain this afternoon.

ME: Well, Day 1 of P1 is over and I didn't do too well. I did the exercise I had planned, but I didn't eat OP. I did great in the morning and then had some ritz crackers for a snack and rice for dinner. (White rice, no less!) I'm going to do better today!

I was supposed to go to work today, but the county closed the courthouse in honor of President Ford, so I think I'll be cleaning out some closets and my craft supplies. I recently picked up beading again, so I need to make some room for that. Besides that, I want to get some ironing done and get the Christmas decor picked up.

Here's to a wonderful Jan 2! Stay on track and do what's best for your body and I bet you'll be a satisfied SBer when you go to bed tonight! Have a great day!

~Kim
Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #6  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

G'morning, my new beach buddies!

Ruth - have fun undecorating. I'm happy to have my house back from the Christmas mess.

Cottage - Good luck with your restart of P1 today. I forgot that there's no mail again today. Shoot!!

SBLynn - Welcome!! I'm new here myself, but am totally enjoying the group.

Kiko - After you finish your garage, wanna come organize my house?

Kim - Today's a new day, so forget about yesterday.

Me - It's back to regularly scheduled programming for us today. The little one was only up once (well, twice but I didn't get a chance to get back to sleep in the 10 minutes between), so it was a decent night. Work is on the slow side today, so I'm reading. I usually knit, but I need to fix a dropped stich that has run half a dozen rows and keep forgetting my crochet hook.

I made some ricotta creme for dessert last night. Good flavor, but too grainy for me...I'm incredibly texture-sensitive. Would whipping the ricotta in the blender smooth it out?

Here's wishing everyone a productive Tuesday!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #7  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning

Sounds like everyone enjoyed the Happy New Year as I did....some of us strayed a bit.

Cottage, I've been singing that song "just a little bit won't hurt" for the past several months and guess what? I discovered the same thing...it does hurt. My scales are just groaning!!!!!

jetsetter, I've tried the ricotta dessert a few times and I just can't get it down for the same reason. No answers here.

Ruth, sounds like you had a delightful day yesterday. When you get done undecorating, I've got a deal for you

kimstar, have fun organizing your craft stuff and enjoy the extra day off!

kiko, the soup sounds delish! Uhm, I have a garage project if you have energy left.

sblynn, hi and have fun on the beach. I look forward to retirement someday.

Well, I have an hour or so until I need to be to work at the skin care center I work at once a week, so I'm going for a run. I have some yak trax to put on my shoes, hopefully they will grip the ice. My hubby is getting ready to go to England for 10 days on a business trip and he's doing all sorts of "honeydos" in preparation for being gone that long. Kinda nice. Well, I'm trying to come up with some kind of yummy soup to hit the spot, so I'm off to peruse the recipe sections!

Hugs
Old 01-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #8  

I'm back in the office today and have no time to address everyone. Let's al have a great OP day.

Tonight Brian and I meet with other scouts and Father Cliff. If he approves everything then Brian will get his religious emblem next month. I think he will be fine.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Chicks just a quick pop in for me, I just came home long enough to let the dogs out. DH had his surgery this morning and is in recovery now. They won't let me see him til he gets in his room which is not til 330, the DR said everything went fine but I won't feel better til I get to see him. I am starting ph1 tomorrow. I am going to stop and pick up a few things needed and I will be ready to go. Take care and I will try to pop in later tonight.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi there-new here-but not to SBD-did it before on their site-it shows my sign up date here as when I was doing research on some surgery I was getting ready for, but I didn't get involved here until recently.
WINDY here today-we have really had it this winter-after having been told it would be warmer/milder tha normal(most rain on record-Nov and worst windstorms on record Dec)-eeek. Hope we don't have trees flying around all Wizard of Oz-like again.
Need to go check on my horses, and hit the gym after.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well today. I was not prepared for today food wise but I'm limping along with what I have. I was pretty shocked at the scale this morning though. LOL

Got to run! Be good! Be strong!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #12  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I am so grumpy today. Don't know why maybe all that junk food yesterday. Yucky!!!

Sounds like everyone is settling into a routine or trying to. No mail today? Is that because of President Ford. I always liked him didn't realize he was in his 90's though.

My plan for the day is to clean house, take my MIL to the restaurant and turn her over to DH, and today DH doesn't stand for dear husband. Then I plan on spending the rest of the day just out and about doing whatever hits my fancy at the time. Except eating!!! Think I might take a couple of the doggies with me. Then end up at TOPS tonight and confess my sins for the New Year's eating. Now it is time to be nice to myself.

I took all our decorations down yesterday so today is vacuuming and dusting some. All of you have a great day on the beach.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My decorations are still up despite my plan for the day. Liz didn't make it over for a visit yesterday so is coming tonight to get a good look at the Bling Tree. I did get lots of other stuff done though including finding a great picture of our Church to go into a brochure for this area. I also made a big batch of dog food and used up all the extra veggies from the holiday. I did some baking and made a casserole for after the funeral tomorrow. I'm invited to an Open House as well but will have to give that one a miss.

Right now I'm gearing up to go to the Nursing Home to do some pet therapy. Big decision ahead: do I take Hershey who went last time and also badly needs a haircut or Lucy who needs some burs removed from her mustache and hasn't been there for a while? Good thing that's the biggest decision I need to make today.

Have a good evening and don't forget the January Weightloss Target thread.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #14  

Jet If you only knew how long it has been since we could safely park a car in our garage you would laugh! I hear you on the early weekday mornings- I am up by 5:30 and my kids by 6:00 to head to work and daycare. Not really looking forward to that tomorrow as I head back to work. After a string of "stay at home days" as we call them, they eventually sleep in. Today until 8:00!!

Kim It is the first recipe in the soup/stew section and is delish! It was pretty cheap to make as well, which always ranks high with me.

Bunna Yep, today is a national day of mourning for President Ford, so no mail. I had forgotten until I just rechecked the mailbox again.

LC Hope you feel better once you lay eyes on your sweetie.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser marathon on Bravo yesterday? I had it on off and on all day- what a freaking inspiration so many of those people are!!!

Well, we finished the garage- DH did most of the pulling back in and organizing, so I took myh 5 year old to see Charlotte's Web. What an adorable movie!!!!!!!

Okay- one of my goals is to keep up with laundry, so off I go. I actually only have one load to do. I hope that I can keep this up as it is a major stress in my life. That and matching socks!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

WHAT!!?? you mean socks are SUPPOSED to MATCH???????
wow
who knew?
Closed Thread