3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Chit Chat On The Beach (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/100411-chit-chat-beach.html)

Ruthxxx 12-26-2006 08:07 AM

Chit Chat On The Beach

Good morning, dollinks! "The Day" is over but the celebrations continue so I'm sure chat won't be very busy this week. Let's do an open ended chat for a bit and change back to daily when we get busy.

Freezing rain is predicted today but hasn't happened yet. I'm supposed to drive to Ottawa for lunch with my sister but will cancel if we get crappy weather. We are going to have a "just us girls" lunch with salad and leftover turkey. I was invited there for Christmas dinner but had to work the BINGO last night.

I must explain about BINGO working so people can stop telling me to "have fun"! Bingoland is run by members of local charities who pool profits. The Fair Board runs four per month and also does the Christmas night one. I am usually behind the counter selling the sheets, calculating prize money and doling out cash - a drag but I'm bonded so.... Last night a woman won over $5000 and it was pretty exciting. She is a woman on social assistance who used to live in Delta, a kind and generous soul who will probably give most of it away. The six of us felt pretty good about that.

Well, I got on the scale this morning. MISTAKE! I have just purged my house of all temptations!

So happy second day of Christmas! Two turtle doves will arrive shortly. I wonder if dove is on South Beach. Yesterday's partridge is in the freezer and I've eaten the pears. :lol:

Stinger 12-26-2006 10:22 AM

Good morning

I am off work today so I got to sleep in :)

Ruth I don't know if doves are on South Beach or not but my neighbor gave us some deer meat. Who knows about that?

I really need to give away these Christmas cookies. I took them from my Mom's house to keep her from eating them. She is boarderline diabetic. She would eat them if they were at her house. Maybe I'll give them to my neighbor...

Have a happy 2nd day Chirstmas everyone.

TwoPeas

Kim_Star060404 12-26-2006 11:02 AM

Morning Everyone!

I hope everybody's festivities were wonderful! Ours went really well!

Ruth: It must have been awesome to see that lady win last night! Isn't it wonderful when the people who will use it for good win the "big bucks"? Be careful driving if you decide to go and I hope you have a fun gals' lunch!

TwoPeas: Jason and I eat deer meat all the time. I don't see why it wouldn't be SB friendly since it's pretty lean (and delish!) I've got cookies and pie left over as well. I'm hoping some of them decide to travel home with MIL, but we'll see.

ME: Well, Christmas is over and it's time for the clean up. MIL leaves this afternoon and my family gets here Thursday night after I get off of work. I'm going to get the laundry and house cleaning done today so that I just have to do a quick spot clean Wednesday night.

I surely went off track all weekend. I'm going to get on the scale on Jan. 1. I know it's cliche, but this year coming up is my year! I've got to get on track. Jason and I have set a goal of getting out of debt (except for our student loans and my car) and start going to church a lot more often. My personal goals involve my physical health and continuing to improve that throughout the year and also continuing to move forward in my career. I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions, but I guess this is the year for them. Time to take better control.

Well, I need to get going on the cleaning. I'm hoping to get it all done and then jump on the treadmill for 30 minutes or so. (Might as well start now!)

Hope you all have a great day! Stay beachy!

~Kim

cottagebythesea 12-26-2006 12:40 PM

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

I hope Santa was good to all of you this year, he certainly was to me! As I suspected, Jake got me a laptop computer that I had been wanting. I was too busy yesterday to play with it, but I'm going to read the manual and try it out later today.
Jake and DS are picking up a new refrigerator from my brother's right now. My brother is a builder/contractor, and one of his clients gave him a brand-new side-by-side refrigerator with all the bells and whistles, and my brother doesn't need it, so he offered it to us since our fridge is on it's last legs. I was thrilled to take it off his hands!
I just heard them pull into the drive, so I'd better go.
See you all later!

Bunnababy 12-26-2006 04:40 PM

Stopping in for a minute. Haven't been around much lately. Been over on SBD boards. Have lost 19 lbs. since starting again. :carrot: My goal for the year is to hang out here more too.

Cottage: You could send that new fridge my way. :D Santa was very good to me this year. All of my presents were bought with love and thinking of me when they bought them. So proud to be part of this family.

Kim: Good luck on the New Year's goals. :goodvibes :goodvibes

TwoPeas: Venison is on the program, it is a very lean meat. Personally don't care for it but have access. Not sure about Doves :dunno:

Ruth: Hope you have a wonderful day with your girl's luncheon. Careful driving.

I am off to check out sales. I need some shirts as the ones I have are kind of stretched out. :high:

weezle 12-26-2006 06:37 PM

Hello everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I'm tired from getting up for work today but otherwise doing alright. Made out like a bandit! Daddy got me a new laptop, Oscar and Sophie thoughtfully got me Norton's Antivirus 2007, Terry got me a Celtic cross necklace, and Mom got me the food processor I wanted. The best part was getting to spend all day with my family though. It was nice to see my brother and his fiance, and Grandma too. I don't get to see them very often. Got lots of gift cards for food :dz: but that's ok.

Going to try not to stray too much as there are only 18 days left until Key West. Very excited!!!

How did everyone else's holiday go? Hopefully lots of time spent with loved ones. Going to go drink some water... I was bad at that yesterday. I think I had none. Dang. Talk to you girlies soon!

Lisa

little chick 12-26-2006 07:33 PM

hi girls, glad everyone had a wonderful christmas, we did as well. Went skating with my family today and had a great time. I got a new set of scales for xmas but have not been on them yet waiting til the new year. Well must dash chatting online with my brother but just wanted to pop in and say hello

Ruthxxx 12-27-2006 07:40 AM

Good morning, Beauties! It's the third day of Christmas and I am expecting three French hens sometime this morning. I hope to get them in and settled before I pick up my Girls at the kennel. :)

The drive the city yesterday was a bit "white knuckle" with the snow but, by the time I came home, things were fine. My sis and I had a lovely lunch and talk and exchanged gifts. I do love my sister Joan although she is slim, rich and has perfect taste!

When I got home I turned on the Bling Tree and then sat and worked on my LindaBC jigsaw puzzle for three hours straight! I am addicted to jigsaws.

Today I go back to real life with laundry, putting away party dishes. picking up my darlings and eating properly! I think I'll just delete my ticker for a while!

What's happening with you today? Come and chat. :cofdate:

Kim_Star060404 12-27-2006 10:13 AM

Hellooooooo, Everybody!

Well, back at work this morning and everything seems to be going smoothly. There's not a whole lot going on, so I think it will be an easy two days in the office. MIL left yesterday and my family gets here tomorrow night, so Jason and I are going to soak up the peace and quiet and do NOTHING but watch tv and hang out.

I'm still working on my goals for 2007. I really want to get them down on paper and sign my name to them. A little contract with myself might be a bit easier to keep. I was looking through old pictures last night of when Jason and I first met and man, I was HOT!! I'd really like to get back to where I was. We're still trying to get pregnant, so the total weight loss will probably have to come after baby, but the idea of having children has already made me more committed. Who wants a mommy that can't run around and play? I don't want to do that to my kids.

Well, it seems like everyone is doing well and enjoying the season. I sure am. Glad everybody's safe (Ruth), and have a great rest of the day!

~Kim

Barb0522 12-27-2006 10:18 AM

I wrote a nice long post from the dentist office this morning while Brian was getting his teeth cleaned only to get called in the back to talk to the dentist and I lost my internet connection and post when I closed my laptop. Oh, well, Brian has one sealant that came off and now has a small cavity. The dentist is going to credit us the cost of the sealant at least when he fills the cavity and reseals the tooth. At least he is still taking a wait and see approach to braces but I think that will only be a matter of time.

I'm WFH today. I was able to work from the dentist (love that their office provides wireless) but I have my mammogram/PAP this afternoon so I'll be loosing time then. I'm not feeling guilty though since I've worked so much with outages lately.

Christmas was nice and we bought a new toaster/convection oven yesterday. It isn't quite as large as our old Black & Decker that I loved but the toaster switch had failed on the old one after close to 10 years and they just don't make it any more.

RNMOM 12-27-2006 10:55 AM

Good morning

Freezing rain here. I'm trying to decide if I want to go for a run or just work out on our indoor bike......I would really rather have a root canal than ride that thing.

Not much going on here, my 15 year old daughter went to my parents to do some ice fishing, she'll be gone for a couple of days....going to be quiet around here. Hopefully my dh can lay some carpet that I bought 2 months ago. I'm redoing my bedroom and living room.

Off to begin my day! Hugs to all:hug:

Bunnababy 12-27-2006 01:03 PM

Working a full day today. Wanted to say hi before I leave. Our house is so quiet right now I hate having to leave for work and make my day hectic. DH is putting a new fan in his bathroom and I have two cats to drop at the vet, sign some paperwork, get my car washed and cleaned, shop a little then to work to work to work.

Everyone have a beachy day. Glad you got back from your trip safe Ruth.

mikesbridetobe 12-27-2006 01:08 PM

Hi guys! I'm new here (I posted my bio already) and am very excited to start the Beach! I've been looking at all the recipies and I'm off to the grocery store to stock up on some SBD food. My fiance was supposed to have the day off with me today but he went to work with one of his friends that delivers game furniture. (Got to pull in some extra money to make up for the beautiful Coach watch he bought me) :)

nice to meet you all and have a great day!

Bunnababy 12-28-2006 03:05 AM

:wel3fc: Mikesbridetobe, hope you enjoy it here.

Bunnababy 12-28-2006 03:08 AM

Left work tonight and could barely get my car door open, it was frozen shut. Burrrrrrrr!!! Hope to accumulate 15 of these little guys :val1: by Valentine's Day which will represent fifteen lbs. gone.