I got it in my head a few days ago that I wanted to make a low calorie egg drop soup, so I bought some egg substitute in anticipation of coming up with something great.
I made it this morning, and it turned out wonderful - so I thought I'd share!
This makes 2 huge soup bowls full.
- 1 box/carton of pre-made chicken broth(20 calories)
- a couple tbsp of chopped chives or green onions, to taste (approx 10 cals)
- a few generous grinds of cracked black pepper
- OPTIONAL - a few grinds of sea salt, to taste
- 1 ear of FRESH yellow corn, cut off the ear(approx 100 cals. weigh it!)
- 1 tbsp of egg substitute ( 30 cals). If you desire a thicker soup, use 1 more tbsp, for an additional 30 cals.
- a generous spray of sesame oil, with a Mister(approx 20 cals, maybe less)
Put all ingredients except for egg substitute into a pot, until boiling.
When it begins boiling, add your egg substitute, and continue to stir until thickened/cooked.
Serve and enjoy!
The entire pot is 180 calories! Only 210 calories if you make the thicker version!
Hope you guys like it as much as I do. I'll definitely be making this again.