Curried Roasted Cauliflower Soup
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper
2 cups skim milk
2-4 cups chicken broth
2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro or mint
1. Preheat oven to 450. Spray a baking sheet with oil. Arrange the cauliflower florets on the sheet in one layer. Spray with oil, and sprinkle with 2 tsp. curry powder, 1 tsp. cumin, the garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 15 -20 minutes, until beginning to brown.
2. Into a large pot, put the roasted cauliflower, milk, another 2 tsp. curry powder, and broth. Add more broth if necessary to cover the cauliflower. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 30-40 minutes or until cauliflower is very soft.
3. Let cool, and puree in batches with an immersion blender, or a food processor or blender.
4. Put pureed soup back into pot, add more liquid if needed, and taste. Add more curry, salt and pepper if you wish. Simmer a few more minutes to blend flavors.
5. Serve garnished with cilantro or mint, and a dollop of plain yogurt.