Dill pickle soup usually involves potatoes and heavy cream. This is my low-carb and lightened up version! If you don't like pickles... don't bother
8 cups of water
1 bouillon cube (chicken or veg, can use broth if you prefer)
4 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen is fine)
4 whole large dill pickles, shredded
3/4 cup pickle juice (or less/more to taste)
4 cups fresh baby spinach (tear by hand of coarsely chopped)
4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
1 egg, beaten
black pepper to taste
1. Heat water & bouillon cube (or broth), and cauliflower in a large pot over medium high heat. Cook cauliflower until it is soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, carefully puree cauliflower well to combine with rest of liquid, and return to heat.
3. Add shredded pickle & pickle juice, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 8 minutes.
4. Add spinach, stir, and simmer for 2 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream.
6. While whisking the soup, very slowly add in the beaten egg (be careful -- you don't want chunks of scrambled egg in your soup!)
7. Season with black pepper to taste. Serve garnished with more sour cream and dill pickles, if desired.
Assuming 8 servings, each serving has 47 calories.