Taken from: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cabbage...up/Detail.aspx
This sounds yummy! I think I'm going to make it Sunday.
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1/2 large onion, chopped
* 5 cups chopped cabbage
* 2 (16 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
* 2 cups water
* 24 ounces tomato sauce
* 4 beef bouillon cubes
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium high heat. Add ground beef and onion, and cook until beef is well browned and crumbled. Drain fat, and transfer beef to a slow cooker. Add cabbage, kidney beans, water, tomato sauce, bouillon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve bouillon, and cover.
2. Cook on high setting for 4 hours, or on low setting for 6 to 8 hours. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!
I made this today (Jan. 2/2010) just in my regular soup pot simmered for three hours and it was great! It made eight generous servings.
Here's the nutritional breakdown for a two-cup serving:
Fat: 6 grams