Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:08 AM   #1  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Tuscan Chicken (Wave 2)

This is sooo good!

Serves 4

8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (though you could use 1 breast per serving)
5 ml/1 tsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced thinly
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
1 garlic clove, crushed (I used 4 garlic cloves but then, I love garlic)
300 ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups passata (tomato sauce)
150 ml/1/4 pint/2/3 cup dry white wine
large sprig fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano
400 g/14oz can of cannelini beans, drained
3 tbs fresh breadcrumbs (I left a few pieces of wholegrain bread out to get a bit hard and then processed it)

1) Fry the chicken in oil in a heavy pan until golden brown on both sides. Remove, cover and keep warm. Add onions and pepper to pan and gently sautee until softened but not brown. Add garlic.

2)Whisk passata, wine and oregano together. Return chicken to pan and then pour the sauce over it. Season well with S&P bring to the boil then cover thepan tightly. Simmer gently on low heat for about 30 minutes, until chicken is done through.

3) Stir in the cannelini beans and heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cook under a hot grill until they are golden.

I always double the sauce in the recipe when I have this over rice or pasta but then, I like saucy foods. My husband prefers it (pasta) a bit more dry.
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow - that sounds absolutely mouth-watering, I will definitely be making this soon!!! Thanks for the post
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote