Wave 1 - Greek Pizza

• I found this sonoma recipe on the internet it is delicious!

GREEK PIZZA

12 inch wholemeal Italian Bread Shell (I used 1 wholemeal lebanese bread, as I was cooking only for one person)
    2 cups baby spinach
    8 ounces cooked & sliced chicken breast
    1/2 cup quarted cherry tomatoes
    1/3 cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled
    2 tablespoons pine nuts
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano,crushed
    1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed

Red Wine Vinaigrette

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
    11/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
    2 tablespoon olive oil
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400F

Place bread on baking tray. Top with spinach, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, nuts, oregano and rosemary. Drizzle viaigrette.

Vinaigrette
    In a small bowl mix vinegar and shallot. Stand 5 mins. Whisk in mustard. Add oil in thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until combined. Whisk in salt and pepper. It can last in the fridge for up to 3 days, but let stand at room temperature for 30mins and then whisk.

Bake in 400f 10 -15 mins
  • I made this a couple of weeks ago. It is very good.
  • OMG! i made this for dinner the other night and it is fab! My DH even loved it!
  • I've made this one too. This tastes so unbelievably good!! There's no way anyone will think that it's 'diet' food.
  • Where do I find the bread for this pizza? Is this a single serving or how many does it serve? I really want to try this cause you all make it sound so good. I live in a rural area in Missouri and we don't have a wide selection of foods to pick form. Any suggestion of what I can use for the crust? Thanks
  • Quote: Where do I find the bread for this pizza? Is this a single serving or how many does it serve? I really want to try this cause you all make it sound so good. I live in a rural area in Missouri and we don't have a wide selection of foods to pick form. Any suggestion of what I can use for the crust? Thanks
    Whole wheat pita bread would work. I use that for most of my pizzas. Can be a bit harder to handle that regular crust, but will work in a pinch. Might want to toast it up a bit in the oven before adding the toppings.
  • Quote: Where do I find the bread for this pizza? Is this a single serving or how many does it serve? I really want to try this cause you all make it sound so good. I live in a rural area in Missouri and we don't have a wide selection of foods to pick form. Any suggestion of what I can use for the crust? Thanks
    I use Boboli's whole wheat pizza crust! Very tasty!

I would say it serves 3, but DH and I always split it down the middle!
  • OH! I am totally making this tonight!
  • I made a modified version of this last night! GOD it was good!

I blogged it and took a pic... here ya go!

http://copperpots.blogspot.com/2007/...eat-pizza.html