Wave 1--Sauteed Tilapia Fillets With Lime
This is my favorite way to make tilapia!
Sauteed Tilapia Fillets With Lime
25 minutes 15 mins prep
1 lb tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
1. Rinse the fish and pat dry.
2. Put the flour on a plate and season it with salt and pepper. Dredge the fillets in the flour, patting to remove excess.
3. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, wine, lime juice and butter, then set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fillets without overlapping (you may need to cook in 2 batches). Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes.
5. Turn the fillets over and cook until opaque through the thickest part, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer the fish to a platter and keep warm (cover with foil or place in a 200 degree oven).
6. Add the wine mixture to pan and boil, scraping up cooked bits, until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and heat on low about 30 seconds.
7. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve.
7 lbs to May 1 mini-goal!