This is incredibly good!
Lettuce, Peach and Basil Salad
For the salad
12 cups red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (I used spring mix)
1 medium peach (I used frozen peaches, about two peaches worth)
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup basil, slightly packed
2 leaves fresh mint, cut into fine strips (didn't have any)
1-2 ounce fresh goat cheese (optional) (I left this out)
For the dressing
1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or other fruity vinegar)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons walnut oil (or olive oil)
1 pinch pepper
1. If you have time, toast walnuts over medium heat until fragant or use as they are.
2. Wash lettuce and spin dry. Put in a large salad bowl.
3. Wash and dry peach. Cut in 1/4 inch wedges from pit and add to lettuce.
4. Tear basil into 1/2 inch pieces, sprinkle over peach.
5. If using cheese for additional color and flavor, crumble over salad.
6. Top salad with walnuts and mint leaves.
7. For dressing whisk together all ingredients except oil until well blended. Add oil, mix well.
8. Pour dressing over salad and mix at the table.