Sausage Italian Soup
* 1 pound Italian sausage - I used half this amount and used turkey sausage
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth - I used chicken stock
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
* 1 cup sliced carrots - omit for Wave 1
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained - I used small white beans
* 2 small zucchini, cubed
* 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and torn
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.