Sonoma Diet Recipes Recipes marked for each wave of the Sonoma Diet. Recipes fit in with whole food diets and the Mediterranean diet.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #1  

Default Wave 1- Homemade veggie burgers

Homemade veggie burgers

1 ounce oatmeal - ~1/8 cup
1 cup Broccoli Cole Slaw
1 cup rice, brown, cooked
1/3 cup black beans, drained
1/3 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 egg white
minced garlic
2 teaspoons taco seasoning - you can look for the recipe in the forum titled "spice mixes" to make your own - homemade would have no added sugar and would be best. If you make your own, might need to add a bit more to the recipe.. season to taste

In a blender or food processor, grind up oatmeal Add Broccoli Cole Slaw, cooked brown rice, black beans, mushrooms, , egg white, garlic and taco seasoning. Process, scraping down the sides of the work bowl once or twice with a rubber spatula, until the ingredients are finely chopped and well blended.
Form mixture into 4 equal patties and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake until patties are firm and brown at the edges, about 10 minutes. To serve, use a spatula to invert the patty so browned-side faces up. (Alternatively, patties can be pan-fried in a skillet for 3-4 minutes per side.) Honestly I end up baking mine usually at 350 for about 40 minutes to get it the way I like it.

I eat these in Whole Wheat La tortillas with salsa, and lots of veggies!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote