Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #1  

Default July 24 - July 30 Food Thread

Chow time!

Sure is hot for most of us, isn't it? I did almost all my cooking for the week on Saturday evening after it cooled off so during the week, I'll just have to nuke or use the stove top very briefly. NO OVEN!! Made a yummy dish of whole wheat pasta, ahi tuna,artichokes, tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon and white wine sauce. I'll be eating this tonight but the tiny bite I took was pretty good.!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting a new thread LINDA. Is your reipce for the pasta in white wine sauce by chance posted on your link or on the recipes thread? I'd love to try it - sounds awesome!

Today is a good day. The ticker is down an official 6 pounds which means I am 4 pounds away from my summeer challenge goal - COOL . There are 17 days left in the challenge so it is completely possible. FANTASTIC!

Today's been a great day thus far. I have been working hard to get the pounds off by lessening my snacks and being cautious with portions. I'm glad it's paid off, it feels wonderful.

Menu:
Brk - veg saus and WG toast w/ PB
Snk- skinny iced latte
Lun - cxn ceaser salad (dressing was not vinaigrette, but just used a little)
Din - tuna casserole and apple slices
Old 07-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4fit
Thanks for starting a new thread LINDA. Is your reipce for the pasta in white wine sauce by chance posted on your link or on the recipes thread? I'd love to try it - sounds awesome!

Today is a good day. The ticker is down an official 6 pounds which means I am 4 pounds away from my summeer challenge goal - COOL . There are 17 days left in the challenge so it is completely possible. FANTASTIC!

Today's been a great day thus far. I have been working hard to get the pounds off by lessening my snacks and being cautious with portions. I'm glad it's paid off, it feels wonderful.

Menu:
Brk - veg saus and WG toast w/ PB
Snk- skinny iced latte
Lun - cxn ceaser salad (dressing was not vinaigrette, but just used a little)
Din - tuna casserole and apple slices
Not posted yet. I like to try the recipes first to make sure they don't taste nasty before i post them. I'll add it here tomorrow if it is good as it is Sonoma friendly! I thought pasta with tuna sounded a little odd, but I figured what the heck?

Congradulations on the loss!
Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #4  

Congrats to you Angela on your 6 lb lost,way to go,keep up the good work,I knew you could do this challenge.

Linda your recipe sounds good. Hope you post it ! Its hot here in Florida too,so I try and do cooking for a few days to keep the oven off which helps the kitchen stay cooler.

I just took out a recipe that I made called Lentil Loaf. All the ingred. sound so good, I'm going to have that for tomorrow, I don't know if I can post it because its off the Food Network,Everyday Italian. I did make some adjustments to it as to make it Sonoma friendly. It has the lentils,brown rice,spinach,carrots,garlic,eggs,mozzerala cheese,grated cheese,tomatoes,scallions,celery, Its baked for 30 minutes,takes a little extra prep time but I did taste it and delish is the word. You can use this as a side dish wo putting it into a loaf.

My week has started wonderful and have every confidence that I will come close to this challenge that Angela has presented in spite of the fact my attitude toward exercise.

Today......

B.............Turkey sauage,eggs on a wrap,coffee(this is the first time I tried the breakfast sauage and was surprise how good it was)
S.............1/2 c blueberries
L..............very small piece of steak w pat of blue cheese,cauliflower,coffee
S..............I'm staying away from nuts at the moment so I'll have celery stuff with lf cheese wedge
D...............Greek Salad on a 1/2 pita I think
S................?????????

Have a great day everyone and again Angela good job
Old 07-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #5  

Talking

Angela and Sissymom - you guys have done great!!! Keep up the good work

Batmomm - jicama looks like a big root - it is usually where ginger and yucan root is. I slice it and eat it raw or the way I had it the other night at a restaurant - it was grated in long slices and it had a lemon vigerette type dressing with red bell peppers in it. It is different and good. I get tired of the same things.

B - WG oatmeal blueberry muffin made w/honey - I will post recipe soon
1 hardboiled egg
L - leftover eggplant vegetable recipe from Angela I made last night( yummy
S- pepper, celery and hummus
S- almonds - need to lay off of those
D- marinated rump roast
salad w/red wine vingerette
wg rice pilaf
wine

and then I had to blow it all on a chocolate chip cookie I won't keep beating myself up - just won't cheat any more!!!! (till the next time). Need to give it a break though, that is two days in a row.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:14 PM   #6  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

hey girlie girls!! I'm heading off on vacation tomorrow but will try to pop in occassionally from a friends house.

did well today-

B-coffee, scrambled egg on WW toast
L-big bowl of tomato florentine soup, bueberries
D-chicken, onion, mushroom, pepper sitr fry

I feel like I must have eaten something else today but I can't think of what so...???

STAY STRONG!!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:43 PM   #7  
Angela

Batmom - have a great trip, road trips are the best! Don't stress so much on the food that you don't have a good time. Be reasonable with yourself and your portion size and you will be fine. Had I heeded my own warnings before my two trips maybe I wouldn't have gained back 7 pounds!

Over52 - Please. please, please post you blueberry muffin recipe! How delicious they must be!!

Sissy - Let me know how that lentil loaf turned out, I think it sounds scrumptious. Great work on the challenge - we can do it!!

As for me, another successful day so I am feeling good. I was a bit short on protein but feel satisfied so won't worry about it.
Menu:
Brk - veg saus and toast w/ PB
Lun - hummus w/ pita and red pepper slices, cherries
Snk - plum and peanuts
Snk - Iced skinny latte
Din - berries, cucumber slices and pita bread
Old 07-25-2006, 05:30 PM   #8  

That Lentil Loaf is wonderful and you can live on it all week

Batmom.....enjoy your trip and try not too stress too much as Angela mentioned. When I do it gets me going in the wrong direction.

Over52........do post that muffin recipe,sounds like a nice change and I have been wanting something a little different.

Angela.........the Lentil loaf is delish,makes a bunch, will get recipe to you

Congrats to all of us hanging in there with this challenge. Its fun to be a part of trying to do what we can in 30 days However,there is more to come,Angela what is the next one? Your challenge on the next one is planning that beautiful wedding and taking care doing your theisis. Busy girl So who is going to start another challenge for us

Well,I coming along with program pretty darn good,had a frudgecicle today for a bit of choc. taste it was no sugar,40 c. tasted really good for a change.
Not Sonoma I'm sure but not sweating it

Here is my food for today:

B................1/2 pita,2 breakfast turkey sauage,coffee
S.................blueberries with 2 T yoki,little spenda and vanilla x
L..................lentil loaf,cucumber and onion salad,coffee
D.................egg salad w lite mayo,whole grain wrap,tomato and lettuce

Not planning to have a snack this evening unless I need too,feel comfortable at the moment.

Keep up the good work everyone......Have a good evening
Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #9  
Angela

Today is day 15 of the challenge which means the first 2 weeks are behind us and we are half-way to success!!

I've been really on target with food, no slips at all. I've even been avoiding my precious wine in hopes it will give me a boost. Excercise could be a little better, but I am happy with the results thus far.

Today:
bfk - veg saus and WG toast
Snk - celery stx
Lun - shrimp salad w 1/2 pita
Snk - iced skinny latte
Din - salmon w/steamed veg and fruit
Old 07-26-2006, 08:48 PM   #10  

Somewhere I saw a recipe for pancakes that had lowfat cottage cheese, oats, and bananas, but now I can't find it. Any idea?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:56 PM   #11  

Hey all. I will go post the blueberry muffin on the recipe site. I have gained and lost the same 2 ounds this week, but so far no additional loss. I think I remember this is common on week 1 of phase 2, but except for adding wine and some nuts and blueberries, I haven't changed a whole lot. Is this common?
B- wg cereal
L-salad, tuna, garbonzo beans,feta, cukes, tomato, brocoli, blueberries
S- peanuts
S-celery and 1 wedge light laughing cow cheese
D- ground chicken, black beans, ffcheese on ww tortilla
wine

Vicki
Old 07-27-2006, 04:21 PM   #12  
Angela

Thanks for the recipe over52, I'm excited to make them ! As for your switch to Wave 2.....Both times I went into Wave 2 I sorta fell off the wagon. I gained weight the first time round but this time didn't because I only let my 'break' last for one meal. Hmm.... well, I've been on Wave 2 for about a week and I can feel that my weight loss has decreased, I don't have that 'thinner' feeling that I was having on Wave 1. I suppose it's to be expected that the weight loss slows down. I wish I had more info to offer. I think the best thing is always just to stick with it. It's hard when the scale doesn't move the way you want it to, but keep telling yourself you're on the right track and remember that you are in it for the long haul - we all are .

My menu was good today except for 3 pieces of dark chocolate. I tried to have only one but gobbled the other 2 before even knowing it. A dangerous thing to have around!!! I will have to give the rest to DH so I am not tempted to get into the rest of the bar...Otherwise, a good day.

Brk - 2 eggs and WG toast
Snk - dark choc
Lun - yogi w/ rasp and grapenuts
Snk - cherry tomatoes
Din - salmon, steamed veg and salad
Old 07-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #13  

Hi Girls,
Little late in posting,been busy doing differnt errands between yesterday and today. I too have felt the slower lost in Wave 2 but as long as we are doing and eating the Sonoma way,everything will even itself out. The way my body reacted before with any weight loss was a quick lose during the first week or two,then nothing, then perhaps a small loss,then a good loss and so on and so on. I'm not going to go nuts with this,I know I'm eating healthier and the weight loss will catch up with me.

The past 2 days have been hectic with food too. I tried to be prepare by carrying a Kashi bar in my purse while I'm running so that I wouldn't be tempted by anything along the hwy. My doc thought good idea. But we all do this I'm sure. Breakfast today and yesterday was my turkey sauage,eggs,lunch was that Lentil Loaf which I had to freeze because it made so much and it does have the rice in it so I can't eat that everyday,my system goes amok when I do. Salads also have been a part of my days and today the only thing I didn't stay with was having a small piece of lasagne which I really enjoyed. Had all my veggies and for choc I had a frudgepop so I feel comfortable in my skin on how I'm doing. See you tomorrow Hang in there and hang loose
Old 07-27-2006, 08:50 PM   #14  

Thanks girls! Angie, I know what you mean about the "thin" feeling being gone on phase 2, but I appreciate your remarks! It helps to know that I am not the only one. I won't give up on it cause I feel better and I can always go back to phase 1 to loose some more quickly if I need to. I enjoy eating and so it is nice to enjoy the "diet" food I am eating

Sissym - I will keep on for sure, thanks for your support. I really do better with support for sure.

B- cottage cheesew/cukes and tomatoes
L - salad, grilled chicken, balsamic vinegerette, strawberries
S- almonds
S-100 calorie bag ofpopcorn
D- Arbys' turkey wrap - we were late getting home
Wine
chocolate ) 3 hersey kisses
Old 07-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #15  

Its the week-end already! Have plenty to do besides going grocery shopping.
Over52..............those muffins are wonderful,thanks for posting the recipe.

I haven't completed my menus for today but this is what I'm having so far:

B..............wg cereal,milk,coffee
s...............blueberry muffin
L...............steak,mushrooms,cucumbers,tomatoes
S................grapes
D................I think this will be tuna salad on a plate with lettuce ,tomatoes,onions,cucumbers,coffee
S................????????

Everyone have a great week-end,I'll try and post tomorrow
Keep up the good work everybody,we are going to makeitthere's no time limit as long as we keep eating healthy and moving forward our goals will succeed
in the long run
Closed Thread