Old 07-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #1  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Join me in a challenge anyone???

Hello friends !

I was thinking that a swift kick to the rear is just what I need right about now - so I am giving myself a challenge!! I was wondering if anyone might want to join me in this ....

My challenge is this - 10 pounds lost in 30 days starting July 12th. I don't know that I have ever tried to lose that in 30 days, or if I even can, but I am willing to give it my best shot!

For me, this means doing Wave 1 again to get a jump start and then sticking to plan like glue. I am also going to beef up my workouts and sweat like never before!

We each might have individual goals, but that doesn't mean we can't motivate eachother to be strong and do something! Cater the goal to your needs if you have to, but the important thing is to join in!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #2  

When are you starting you challenge?
I have been thinking about Sonoma.
If I decide I cant start until thursday.
I guess I should get the book and give it a read.
shous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/229

Height: 5 ft 5

I'm a newbie and I would LOVE to join a challenge and hopefully lose 10 pounds. How does this work?
kimmie_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #4  
Angela

Hey there Shous and Kimmie ~ it would be great to have you on board! My start date is Wednesday, July 12th because it works well for me. If a better start date works for you then that is fine, so long as you stick to the 30 days.

As far as how it works - well, this is the first challenge I've posted but I was thinking we could check in regularly on a thread which I'll start on Wednesday morning. I think we should add an additional weight-tracker to all of our signatures so we can keep track of progress. Adjust your plan according to your needs, but keep in mind it'll have to be pretty intense to make the goal. If you are new to Sonoma then Wave 1 is necessary. We can post what we are doing and - more importantly - what we are losing!!! Hope to see you gals come Wednesday!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 AM   #5  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Oooooh me, me, me! I so totally need a kick in the backside. I'm just skating by, maintaining, not doing much and I'm mad at myself for it. I'll start today though but I'm happy to check-in on Wednesdays.

My plan will be to stick to eating plan (Sonoma foods and portions within the Slimming World structure); continue to power walk even when school is out (which is July 21st) and I don't have to take the kids to school; start weight training again starting TODAY!

Thanks, Ange. Ten pounds was my next mini-goal but I didn't have the motivation to kickstart it for myself. This is just what I need. I'll set a goal of 10 pounds but I know I lose slow so I'd be thrilled with 5 pounds.

*slowly feels hope and determination returning*
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232/229

Height: 5 ft 5

Oh dumb question. Where do the weight loss trackers come from? I'm very very new to this site. I'm so pumped up now about having a little support and challenge now. I told my husband and he just said.. yeah honey.. you are gonna give up Mountain Dew this week. Sure....oh grrrrrrr... I know I can do this if I really really try hard.
kimmie_fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #7  

You got me Babe I need a kick too! Been playing around too much Like you dear friend,I don't know if I can do 10 lbs. but going to give it a good shot.I don't know how to do the ticker I tried but I don't know how to cut and paste or something like that Thanks for coming up with this wonderful idea
sissym2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:05 AM   #8  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Try this link. I've totally forgotten how to get there in the first place because I just click on my tracker now.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:10 AM   #9  
Got to be in it to win it

S/C/G: 239/203/174

Height: 6'

Default Me too please

I've just started today on Wave 1 and this is totally new to me so it'll be fun to go through it with others. I've been slacking off recently with the whole weight loss thing and I'm hoping this'll be what I need to stick to it.
Clutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #10  

I am on board!! I would like to join you. I am starting today on Sonoma.
Any hints on what everyone will be eating? Some of the menus are kind of out there for me.
zaptap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #11  
Jan

This is perfect, I think I'll join you all. I went through wave one in April and have been back sliding now for a while with summer and all it's temtations!
janpan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #12  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

You betch Angela!! 10 lbs in 30 days...sounds awesome, so that's 2.5 a week? I will join and try but b/c I'm in that close to goal range I probably won't be able to match that pace.

I am going to be doing wave 1 now for at least 5 more days possibly 10. I want to really stick to 4 days of tough cardio with 2 good strength days and abs everyday. The cardio is gonna be tough with my sore groin but I'll do what I can and just save the harder stuff toward the end of the week.

Good Luck to everyone! As long as we stay honest we can do it!
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

I would like to join in also. I have 15lbs to loose. I've been swimming every morning with a friend for an hour for the past three weeks. But I need to get my diet in order. I love to cook, so this is perfect for me. The diet soda, tea (English, that's how I start my day) and an addiction to Starbucks are going to be the toughest for me!!! I just really want to get rid of my muffin top the goes around the top of ALL my pants and capris!!
Plus I get to have wine and dark chocolate in wave 2!! Wants not to LOVE!
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #14  
Angela

Wow - so glad there are going to be so many of us doing this together!! I see both familiar faces and some fresh ones too - How exciting!

I will go ahead and post a new thread entitled "Summer Challenge". I am officially starting tomorrow but it looks like a few of you have already begun. Awesome!! I will make my first post tonight and hopefully you can all follow suit.

I know Sonoma is more of a lifestyle than a diet, but I think a round of Wave 1 and taking our excercise more seriously will help us to rethink our goals and shed some pounds in the process. A challenge is always a good way to get back on track!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! Thanks so much for joining in on this ~ we can do it!!!!

Angela