Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 02:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

We got up early this morning and rode along the beach about 10 miles. Is supposed to be even hotter today and is very sticky. Got my bronze award! Now continuing for silver, is 45,000 total points but the 20,000 for bronze is included.

Also should do ab/lower back workout today but when it's hot and sticky I don't like to move much. Really have no excuse since the AC is on and is quite comfy in the house.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #17  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrat on the Bronze Award SHERRY! Forgive me for being naive but what is a point equivalent to in your '20,000'?? I suppose it means something great or it wouldn't be a medal!

As for me, I've had trouble sticking to regimen this weekend. I've been outdoors walking alot but nothing too strenuous. It's rare to get such beautiful weather my way so when it comes I just want to drop everything and enjoy it!

Monday = gym day
Gotta hop back on my wagon!
Old 06-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #18  

Hey everyone, I haven't been posting much, but I have still been exercising. Did my pilates today and then went to the zoo with the family.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone- 6 days in and I'm only just posting. Shame on me.

Well, I am currently a sweaty mess. I have started my couch to 5k programme this morning, and I have just run/ walked for 16 mins. It certainly has jolted me out of my comfort zone a bit (ah, well I suppose if I want to be a triathlete I have to start somewhere) Tonight is either a 90 min power yoga class or starting BFL weights. 12 week BFL and 10 week running program- I may well be a different shape bt the end.

Have a great Monday!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #20  

Ah, didn't mention my new favourite thing- disc or frisbee golf

http://www.quarrypark.co.uk/

Spent 3 hours playing yesterday and didn't feel like exercise at all even though were were running up and dpwn hills.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:33 AM   #21  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the bronze, Sherry! I feel like we should have a virtual ceremony for you, complete with a torch, podiums and Mariah Carey singing the national anthem! You must be feeling really good. Or, if you're like me, you're so focused on the next goal that you haven't really allowed yourself time to enjoy the one you've achieved!

Just getting ready to do my weights and then we're off to London to visit the British Museum. I love that place! Plenty of walking to get there so that should count for something. And we're taking our lunches with us to picnic so I will be controlling what I eat instead of getting hungry, not being prepared and pigging out on fast food!

You guys are all awesome! I hope you have a really lovely and athletic day. Wishing you lots of sweaty, hard working vibes!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Sherry, congratulations!!! woo hoo...

Clareh, I am so glad to see you are back at exercising. I hope your feet have healed.

I am off to the gym to walk the treadmill for an hour, then half an hour of upper body work.

Have a great day~Cate
Old 06-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #23  

Thanks! I had wanted to earn the bronze by May 31, but when you stop exercising for two weeks, well... Here is info on the President's Challenge; this site explains it better than I could. http://www.presidentschallenge.org/t...nge/index.aspx

Although it's a U.S. presidential thing, I don't think it's limited to U.S. residents. So Angela, Mummy_Tummy, Clareh, if you want another goal to strive for... I may be showing my age, but I remember doing the fitness testing in school when I was a kid (that's how I discovered I could run fast). Don't think many schools do it any more, though they should.

There is also a 3FC group. For a while, someone was tracking all the 3FC stats but I don't know what's happend with that. If you want to join the 3FC group, the Group ID Number is: 29852.

Donna, good to see you and glad you're continuing to exercise.

Clareh, good job on starting to run. I think you certainly deserve some time off after that marathon. Hope your feet are doing better. You will be a triathlete!! As you know, I hope to be one as well and am doing great with biking and swimming but haven't gotten up the nerve to try running yet.

Mummy_Tummy, good job on doing your weights before a day-trip. And smart move to take your lunch. When I visited the British Museum a couple of years ago, the lunch offerings weren't too healthy (and I wasn't even that concerned about my eating then!) But it is a wonderful place, so much to see and lots of walking. Have fun!!

Cate, glad to see you're exercising today. Must mean you're feeling better.

Today is a planned day off. I think I mentioned on the "food" thread that I got the job I interviewed for a few weeks ago and I start Wednesday so very excited. Am still shopping for clothes, can only handle about two hours of shopping at a time so it's taking some time. Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch so that will be fun.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #24  
Angela

Looks like everyone is on track for June - even me! After having my light weekend the gym felt awesome. It was hard to get there and the first 10 minutes or so didn't feel too good, but after that it was great.

Sherry - thanks for the link on the Pres Challenge... I am not sure what my ultimate fitness goals are. For now it's getting to the gym at least 4 days a week for cardio and lifting, and walking as much as possible. I may be able to incorporate a more concise goal at some point. Actually, my sister is coming to live with me for awhile and she'll be here in 2 weeks - and, man - is she BUFF! She puts me to shame! She plays a bit of raquetball and I am hoping she will teach me while she's here. Maybe that will be a new fitness goal....

For today it was 45 mins of eliptical and 20 mins weights - and boy did I sweat! Felt great and plan to do the same tomorrow.

Keep it up girls!!
Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Hello All:

Well, I am still sick. My ears are clogged up, as well as my nose. I am miserable. But, I went for a forty minute walk in the woods this morning. I am hoping that being in the fresh air, and surrounded by nature will help heal me.

I am so tired, so I will take tomorrow off. I don't want to make myself sicker, but you know once you start working out, you sort of can't stop.

Here is something that I read today that I thought was important to pass along about weight training, belly fat, and breast cancer.

http://www.realage.com/news_features...br=MYYAHO_A#MI

Take care~Cate
Old 06-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #26  

Cate- hope you feel better soon.

Sherry- I'm impressed by the president's challenge. Well done you! Good luck for the new job tomorrow (i bet you're nervous)

Angela- you're doing so well with the exercising and diet on top- no wonder you're 5 pounds down!

I ran yesterday morning and went to yoga, but it was shut!! The hall was all locked up. So instead of coming home and cooking dinner, I jumped in my car and drove to the gymn for a killer weights workout where I upped everything by one weight (either bar on the fixed weights or kilo on the free) And can I feel it!! I can't get my head round BFL from the website, I really need to order the book (although I am not supposed to be spending money this month as we have so many social occasions) May well just try and lift heavier and try new exercises and see what happens before next month.

Have a happy and healthy day!
Old 06-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #27  
Angela

Cate - what a bummer being sick is. I'm proud of you for taking a walk in the woods. It's not easy to drag yourself up when you feel like crap. I hope it was very therapeutic. Interesting article about weight lifting and cancer - it just gives me another good reason to get my butt to the gym!

Clareh - I am looking to up my weights soon too but have been a little chicken. You have inspired me though - tomorrow is the day !

I did the eliptical but only for 30 mins today. I was running late for an appoinment and didn't give myself enough time. No weights today either. Did walk about 40 mins around town. That's just part of my routine so it's sort of just part of being alive, but still, I could have opted for the bus!
Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 AM   #28  

Just done the 2nd run of my 30 in my 10 week training plan, and it was lots easier. I added an extra minute and didn't feel like throwing up as I did on Monday. I was getting a bit disheartened after Monday as it felt sooo hard, but hopefully I'm getting my groove now...

Have a great day- it's beautiful here- it seems like summer's finally arrived!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:38 AM   #29  
Angela

Clareh - I couldn't agree more - summer has arrived!!! It's making it hard for me to get to the gym though...I planned on going today, but my fiance has talked me into a long walk instead. We both have flexible schedules so instead of working we are going to do a 6 mile walk thru the city and get some errands done on the way. The sun is simply gorgeous and who knows how long it will last!! The weights will have to wait til tomorrow...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #30  

Hi everyone,

Quickly checking in and glad to see Clareh and Angela moving! Cate, sorry you're not feeling well and hope you get better soon.

No exercise yesterday because all the little errands I've had to do completely monopolized my day so I didn't get to bed till nearly midnight. And I'm up pretty early this morning getting ready for my first day. Hope to be on a fairly "regular schedule" soon so I can get back to it very soon.

Keep moving!
Closed Thread