Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi- I'm back from a fantastic weekend. It seems like everyone's been through the wars this weekend, either with procedures or scary CV. Hope you feel well, Mel and Sherry, and Cate- I'm in awe!!

I didn't do any formal exercise this weekend (some elliptical before we left) but walked on Saturday morning around our own lake and played tennis on our private courts. I also danced from 8pm until 4 in the morning (but I think the calories in the wine counteracted the calories burned) I'm exhausted though from running round after 22 people- I don't think I've ever cleaned so much (people all helped but I felt responsible) but DH said he had the best day of his life EVER so it was all worth it.

There's a small matter of walking a marathon in a decorated bra in 4 weeks now so I need to bump things up training and am consulting my Sonoma book to cook lots of Sonoma friendly recipes this afternoon,

Hope you're all having a great week.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #92  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM AFRAID TO BRAG BUT I FEEL GREAT FOR 3 DAYS IN A ROW NOW! SO MAYBE I AM DOING THE RIGHT THINGS?!?!? HOPE SO!!
5 BREATHING
12 RS TAPE

CLARE~ BACK! GLAD THE DH HAD THE GREATEST TIME EVER!!! WHAT A COMPLIMENT!! GET YOUR BUTT BACK TO BUSINESS!!!
I SHOULD DUST OFF MY SONOMA BOOK!! SEND US SOME MEALS!!! I'M READY!!

SHERRY~ I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. EXERCISE WILL KEEP ME POSITIVE. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. FELT A BIT LIKE SLACKING OFF. LOL I MENTIONED THE POOL CAUSE WHEN I HAD BIOPSIES DONE, THE FIRST THING HE SAID WAS NO COMMUNAL SWIMMING. LOL GLAD YOU FEEL GOOD AND GOT TO EXERCISE!!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Hey Mel, so glad to see that you're feeling great! I'm sure it's what you are doing and you will probably teach those doctors a thing or two.

Clareh, welcome back! Sounds like a great weekend and you got plenty of activity. What's a bit of wine??? Heck, it's good for you! And what a wonderful compliment that DH gave you.

I ended up having an active day yesterday. After the bike ride, hubby and I worked in our garden for most of the afternoon. Arms and back are a bit sore from all the digging, lifting, etc. But it's a good sore. Also, I needed a few things from the grocery store so I walked instead of drove. The nearest store (sadly, not Trader Joe's) is just under a mile so it was a nice walk.

This morning I did a 35 minute workout for my legs, targeting quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. No cardio today, have a lot to do.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Clareh, next time you throw a party like that how about inviting us? I can fly for standby with American, so just let me know when and where.

Mel, glad to hear that you are feeling good. Keep up the good work.

Sherry, did you say Trader Joe's? I can't stand it that there are NO TJ's in Georgia!!!! I almost didn't move here because of that. I miss that store, I love that store. Yummy things abound.

I believe that I am truly nuts. Today I did two classes in a row, one hour of my fav Body Combat. The new theme is street fight. What fun. Then a friend of mine talked me into staying for the Body Flow class, which is Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates combo class. I literally crawled out of the gym.

I also had alterior motives. Gold's is having a seven day/class challenge. If you go to seven different classes in seven days, you get a backpack, a hat, and water bottle. So being that I want that, I stayed. I only have 5 more classes to go.

See you all later~Cate
Old 04-25-2006, 09:25 AM   #95  
Happy September

CATE~ DO THEY DELIVER THAT TO THE HOSPITAL?? ONLY KIDDING! GOOD LUCK!!! CAN'T BELIEVE 2 CLASSES IN A ROW!! WOW!!

SHERRY~ WALKING AND WITH GROCERIES NO LESS!! UNREAL!! GREAT ATTITUDE LEAVING THE CAR HOME.

I AM PUMPED UP FOR SOME REASON. MUST BE CAUSE THE SUN IS FINALLY OUT!! SO I BETTER START BEFORE THE MOOD LEAVES ME!!

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #96  

Hey Cate, are you able to move today??? Wow, two classes in a row!! I am thinking about doing indoor cycling and pilates tomorrow, but there is a 4-hour gap between them.

I too love Trader Joe's and do most of my shopping there. Sadly, I have to drive; there isn't one within walking distance. I think I would die if I moved somewhere with no TJ's!

Hey Mel, hope you got your cycling done, mood or no mood. Keep moving!

Today did a 40-minute upper-body workout for chest, upper back, shoulders, triceps, and biceps. Then did 40 minutes of cardio. 20 minutes of intervals on the treadmill and 20 on the elliptical. A strength NSV to share: I did 24 out of 36 pushups from my toes. Very exciting for me as I have always had a weak upper body.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:24 PM   #97  

Did the zoo all day Saturday, so between pushing the stroller, holding Brianna's hand, running after Brianna, lifting Brianna up to see some of the animals, I got my workout in.

Sunday - It was nice all morning, early afternoon, so we headed to the street mall and walked around for about 3 hours. They have really nice flower beds, so of course Brianna wanted out of the stroller to walk and smell the flowers. I did Pilates Sunday night.

Monday - Water walking.

Today - Pilates.

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

Sherry I'm glad everything went well.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 178/153/145

Default 2 classes today

I did it again! One hour of body pump, and one hour step. I hate step class and will never ever take that class again. I felt like an uncoordinated idiot. I kept tripping over the step and my shoes kept sticking to it, etc. I spent more time trying to figure out the steps and avoid tripping over the step, so that class is definitely not going into my routine of workouts.

Yesterday I did the spin class. That seems to be getting a little better on my behind. Not so much pain. So, I will do that weekly. It still kicks my butt, though.

So, I only have body jam, a dance class, and then the awful body attack class, the high aerobic jumping jack style class, then I get my reward.

Mel, if I finish body jam, they probable will have to deliver it to the hospital. I understand that class has lots more steps and moves very quickly. I think they refer to it as a hip hop style class.

Good luck to the rest of you. Yipee today is hump day and then two blessed days without working out.

~Cate
Old 04-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #99  

Exercise Video this morning.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #100  

Just got back from indoor cycling over the lunch hour (and I'm eating my lunch as I type ... sauteed chicken with mixed greens and grape tomatoes in a whole wheat pita with a bit of hummus as dressing).

Have some things I need to get done this afternoon, and if I succeed will go to pilates at 4:30. If not, will do my core routine this evening.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #101  
Happy September

Talking

DONNA IS DOING THE NEW BRIANNA EXERCISES. SHERRY IS CYCLING AND PILATES, CATE IS DOING THE PUMP AND STEP SO I GUESS I BETTER GO AND DO SOME RS TAPE AND !!!
HAPPY THURSDAY!! I WILL BE MIA TOMORROW WITH SHOPPING SO HAVE A WONDERFUL END OF WEEK!!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. I've had internet problems over the past few days so have not been able to get my daily motivation. Seems like everyone's been kicking some... this week. Cate- street fighting??? I bet you will have done every class your gymn has on offer by the end of the week, Go girl!

I have got my groove back (luckily!) Monday was sleeping, Tuesday was weights and elliptical before work/ 5 mile walk after, Wednesday was elliptical, today has been spinning before work and a 7 mile walk after and tomorrow is spinning.

I've also been eating clean and very Sonoma friendly as well (which is where I've been falling down over the last month and why my ticker is not moving!) I've tried to cut out wheat and have been eating other intersting wholegrains and generally enjoying it. So that ticker might move soon

Anyway, keep it up ladies. Miss Linda's not even had to come round with the prod recently (I don't believe it can really cross the Atlantic )
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #103  

Linda's on the U.S. west coast like me, so she will probably just reach that prod up and over the Artic and Greenland ...

I keep thinking about Cate and her 7-class challenge. Hope she's still alive.

Did not make it to the pilates class yesterday. I don't know what I was thinking; 4:30 is a terrible time and I haven't been to that class since last July. So I decided to buy a couple of DVDs instead. Of the 2 I bought, I really like Pilates: Abs Workout. Boy, I feel like I have no abs after that ... But if I do it weekly, perhaps twice a week, who knows!

Got in 40 minutes of cardio today, same thing as Tuesday. Was planning on a leg workout today but I'm still sore from Monday. If I'm gonna do legs 2x per week, I think I need to drop the weight and/or reps again. But I did my other pilates DVD instead, which is Pilates: Lower Body Workout.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:57 PM   #104  

Did my pilates this morning, and just got back from the park with Brianna.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #105  

Did weights for upper body today. Planning to ride bikes both Sat. morning and Sun. morning.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread