Old 01-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #1  
Marathon Goddess

Default A small tidbit of info

I thought I would share, that I just saw and heard on the Today show that the Sonoma Diet is considered a dynamite, fantastic plan. Its considered balanced, healthy and an achievable lifestyle. So I thought that would make everyone feel a little more empowered in their choice in this lifestyle. Have a great day everyone!! :-)
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:43 AM   #2  

Well of course it is. How neat the Today show had a segment on it. Wish I had seen it. I'll go check out the web site

here is a link I found on the site about the diet

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11017764/page/2/

The only con given to this diet is the limited focus on exercise, which I totally agree is the main problem with the book. This is precisely why I started the Exercise sticky for us because it is AS important as eating well, IMHO.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #3  
it's always something

It's nice when a new diet gets the thumbs up. So many diets are unbalanced, but cover the fact with gimmicks. I agree about the exercise. While they probably don't need to recommend specific routines, since we are all unique and have different levels of fitness or needs, but they should have mentioned the importance of exercise in several places, even including it in the daily menus.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #4  

How long have you guys been on Sonoma and what results have you experienced? My husband and I both only started on Monday. It seems I am already feeling better.
dlr50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:48 PM   #5  

FYI, the author of the Sonoma diet will be on The View Monday January 30th.
allie2929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:49 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr50
How long have you guys been on Sonoma and what results have you experienced? My husband and I both only started on Monday. It seems I am already feeling better.
I've been doing the Mediteranean diet, which this is based upon for several years. i cannot recommend it highly enough. My medical tests have improved, my moods are better, I eat tastier food and of course the weight loss has been nice as well.

One thing the book doesn't stress enough, as I mentioned on another thread is exercise. it touches on it briefly but it really neds to be repeated again and again - exercise on this or any program is essential for good health!!

Hope you'll stick with it. I love the food and cannot imagine ever going back
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I have been on the diet for 3 weeks or so and have lost 8 pounds and thats with fudging. I can only imagine how much I would have lost by now if I had stuck to it strictley. It is worth the time and effort. Its pricy at first because of buying all the spices etc... but that got better. I think the book is more worth it than the website. I just canceled my web subscription.
beaner0620 is offline   Reply With Quote