Halfway through January, already - how are things?

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Wow! An apartment with a gymn! That's fantastic.

You're going to kick our @ss's big style!
  • I'm not moved in yet...still got that credit check to pass yet...I haven't been such a good girl in the past, but 90% of all my bad stuff is scheduled to fall off this year, so hopefully they will take that into consideration
  • I didn't do that great on plan today, but not as bad as my old habits would have been a month ago.

Well I have the rest of the night for on plan, and tomorrow is a whole new day and a whole new start.
  • Well the rest of the night was on plan, and I did two workouts this morning, but can I just say, I'm really not into it this week. And by "it" I mean me - I'm the one that I'm doing this for, I'm the one who really does feel better since I made the decision to change my food choices, I feel better, sleep better, and am more alert at work because of the exercise, but I just feel "blah" about the whole thing.

Last night I was kinda hungary, so I went downstairs to get some veggies, but first I drank a glass of water, to see if I was really hungary or not, I wasn't, I just wanted to graze, so I did good, I got out some cucumbers and some blanched asparagas that I had in the fridge, and ate a little bit of it. Now the old me, grazing would have meant a big ole bowl of ice cream, but it wasn't even that I wanted something sweet.

But it got me thinking, I really haven't taken the time this week, to take care of me, sure I'm eating the right foods according to plan (for the most part), but I'm not enjoying the food, or the exercise this week. I guess I'm in a funk.
  • I AM STILL ONLY ONE POUND UP AND DOWN. NOT SURE IF IT'S THE MEDS OR NOT. ONE DR SAID TO GIVE IT MORE TIME. SO I WILL DO LIKE LINDA SAID AND COUNT ON THE NSVS TILL THE MEDS ARE FINISHED. I FEEL BETTER AND THAT'S A BIG BONUS SINCE LAST SUMMER.

I THINK YOU GALS ARE DOING SO GREAT. CONGRATS FOR STICKING WITH IT THIS MONTH. YOU ALL HELPED TO MAKE MY MONTH GO BY SOOO FAST. I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME TOUGH TIMES SINCE LAST MAY. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

**I REC'D THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET COOKBOOK YESTERDAY AND LIKE IT VERY MUCH WITH ONE EXCEPTION. THE MEALS ARE A BIT MORE COMPLICATED AND BEING IN THE WCHAIR, I LIKE TO KEEP KITCHEN TIME SHORT. I DO LIKE THE WAY MS. JENKINS TALKS THOUGH AND THE BOOK IS NOT ALL JUST RECIPES....THERE IS PLENTY OF GOOD COMMON SENSE IN THERE TOO. GOOD HEALTHY ADVICE. BACK TO THE BASICS KIND OF STUFF.
    I FELT MOTIVATED JUST READING IT!!! BUT THEN I LOVE ALL THINGS TUSCAN FOR SOME REASON.
  • Melody 25- NSVs rock! I'm going to be very dependant on them as it seems I can change my body composition without noticing it if I rely on scales. 21lbs is awesome.

DonnaS- we all have these weeks- I was really positive yesterday (after excercise) but feel really drained and tired today. Listen to your body (except when it tells you that chocolate is the answer!!)
  • Quote: DonnaS- we all have these weeks- I was really positive yesterday (after excercise) but feel really drained and tired today. Listen to your body (except when it tells you that chocolate is the answer!!)
    Clareh - I just need to plug through, this is the point, where trying something new isn't "fun" anymore, it's work, serious work. I know once I blast past, it's clean sailing from here. But a square of dark chocolate did help this morning.
  • Clare~ thanks for the encouragement. I just got word I can stop taking one pill!! YAY!!!
    I am hoping for a much better month in February!!
  • I'm really enjoying finding ways to add new variety to my diet, not to mention the wine. I'm discovering some new ones I've never tried before and really like. I want to work on adding more fish to my diet too. I drink way too many protein shakes (I make them myself as opposed to ones you buy prepackaged) but would like to replace them with more "real food." The protein shakes can be convenient when you are in a hurry though.
  • Petra, I'm trying to add more fish to my diet, too. I've never been much of a fan of it, but I've found that tilapia and mahi mahi are nice and mild--and they have bags of both at reasonable prices at Sam's Club. Anyway, it's been fun to try fixing it different ways, and I love how quickly it cooks. It's great for the nights I've had to work late and need a nice quick dinner. And I think I'm actually beginning to like it pretty well!
  • 9 pounds lost since jan. 3. I know thats a lot for that time, but I have done a 180 from dr. p and brownie for breakfast, to no sugar, low fat and no white flour. It must be paying off because I ahve done very little exercise, i know i need to, and it still is coming off. I have had more energy and have been going non stop lately, so Im sure thats helping. Good luck.
  • Okay, so Friday I don't think I ate one thing that was on plan, I'm not sure why, but I didn't, I felt awful, literally, bloated, tired, etc. No exercise either. I think it was because I didn't lose anything for the week.

Saturday, back to the basics, and we went to the zoo, so a whole day of walking, and munching on celery and cucumbers.

But Friday really through me, I did find this weekend that I was/am craving sugar again, so I might hit Wave 1 again for this week, and get myself back on track.