3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Sonoma Diet and the Mediterranean Diet

Halfway through January, already - how are things?

Old 01-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #31
Canada

Well we went out to the Keg again last night. One of my Girlfriends turned 30.. and so I have my steak and scallop/shrimp dish.. and then the deserts come... oh I just had to have some! It was insane! I was an animal! LOL. I checked the scales when I got home and gained 4 lbs!! LOL I am hoping once I have a "movement" it will disappear. Back to the grind today!

<<Big hugs Clareh>>>
Old 01-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #32
Cat Wrangler

I really believe that it's okay to go off plan every now and then. It's what we do on a regular basis that truly matters. We had a very social weekend that started with a birthday party Friday night for a Cajun friend, so of course that included gumbo, which I simply can't resist! Then we had another party on Saturday night, but luckily that one included a veggie tray, so I was able to do a bit better at resisting temptation. Sunday we met friends for lunch, but we went to Applebee's and ordered from their Weight Watchers menu. BTW, they have a fantastic grilled tilapia with mango salsa, and you can order a double side of veggies and have them leave off the rice pilaf.

I didn't even bother to weigh again until this morning, and believe it or not, I still was down a pound! :-)

terravita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #33

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3

Default MY " Official weigh in....

Doing the the happy dance, lost 3 lb for the first week. That is really good for me.... I am very pleased and hope I can continue to lose.. I got 3 more days of wave 1 and then onto wave 2.. I keep finding recipes to scale to the sonoma way... Hope everyone has a great week... India
Old 01-24-2006, 03:56 AM   #34

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

I have lost a pound. Trying to feel positive about it. I think my focus is probably on the wrong thing as I'm quite clearly shrinking round the waist and all my exercise is resulting in strong muscly legs and apparently my bum is more defined too. However, when I get on the scales and see that all my hard work is only a pound my heart sinks.

Anyway, might have to buy some body fat scales to take my focus away.... or ditch them altogether for a month (scary thought!) Giving up is not an option so will be more careful with my food next week - have to walk 22 miles so exercise will be good.

WEDDING DATE 9TH NOVEMBER 2007
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareh
I have lost a pound. Trying to feel positive about it. I think my focus is probably on the wrong thing as I'm quite clearly shrinking round the waist and all my exercise is resulting in strong muscly legs and apparently my bum is more defined too. However, when I get on the scales and see that all my hard work is only a pound my heart sinks.

Anyway, might have to buy some body fat scales to take my focus away.... or ditch them altogether for a month (scary thought!) Giving up is not an option so will be more careful with my food next week - have to walk 22 miles so exercise will be good.
Muscle weighs more than fat, so you are probably gaining muscle. I have a scale that does the body fat thing, I took all my measurements when I started the program, then last week when I only lost a pound, I checked my body fat % and it had gone down, so it was the pick me up that I needed.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:18 AM   #36

Quote:

Clareh a pound a week is 52 pounds a year. You didn't gain it overnight and as much as we'd like it to go away faster, it does take much longer to lose it than gain. You also are't going to lose nearly as fast as a 250 pound woman. It now can take me a month to lose a pound, whereas when I first started I could lose 2 pounds a week.

The most important reason you should be doing this is for your health. Pretty clothes, a smaller body etc are all really secondary to good health, aren't they?

My Recipes and Reviews http://ltrem.bravehost.com/
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #37

OK. I'm sorry for griping. I'm just trying to give myself a measurable objective I can see results by (as I'm currently as healthy as a horse and have great energy levels that's not so easy to see big changes)

I think I'll invest in some body fat scales so I've got a better idea of the more important changes happening in my body!

Thanks for the support ladies.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #38
Crazy(ied) Mom?

I went up two of my ten pounds I've lost so far...but I've decided NOT to change my tracker because it could just be water weight. I've followed program faithfully but my water intake is down and I haven't been working out as faithfully as I did when I started. I'm resolving to bust butt to get back into the Y every morning and increasing my water intake to where it needs to be and get the scale moving in the right direction!

Started Sonoma on 1/5/06
Currently on Wave 2
Baby steps to my Mini-Goal for Valentine's Day!:

Valentine's goal met 1/22/06

Overall goal:

Celebrate every 10 pounds lost!
tearjerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #39
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaS
Muscle weighs more than fat, so you are probably gaining muscle. I have a scale that does the body fat thing, I took all my measurements when I started the program, then last week when I only lost a pound, I checked my body fat % and it had gone down, so it was the pick me up that I needed.
My scale does that too, but I'm not sure HOW it calculates it...I think mine just takes your weight against your height...which would not be accurate if muscle weighs more than weight because I'm sure the weight I've lost is all fat pounds which would make my body % lower, but I need to scroll through my history to see how much it's gone down. Hopefully it's reflective of my efforts.

Started Sonoma on 1/5/06
Currently on Wave 2

Overall goal:

Old 01-24-2006, 02:30 PM   #40

Quote:
OK. I'm sorry for griping. I'm just trying to give myself a measurable objective I can see results by (as I'm currently as healthy as a horse and have great energy levels that's not so easy to see big changes)

I think I'll invest in some body fat scales so I've got a better idea of the more important changes happening in my body!

Thanks for the support ladies.
Eh, gripe away, that's how you make it through the lows, you (or one of us) gripes, the others chime in with perspective, and all is right with the universe again.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:15 PM   #41

BODY FAT UPDATE!!!

I've just been walking with my friend, who mentioned she had some body fat scales stored under the bed.

I now know why the scale aint going down. Since I introduced my healthy eating and exercise plan last year, the 14lbs I've slowly lost equates to a 15% drop in body fat!

My body fat has gone from 39% to 24%!!!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 04:41 PM   #42
Canada

Clareh.... BIG HUGS!! That is awesome news!
Hard work always pays off! You are gonna be a hot mama!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 PM   #43

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Clareh, that is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! Isn't it wonderful what all that exercise has done???

Living primal and focusing on my health, not a number. Although I wouldn't complain about a smaller number!

sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #44
Crazy(ied) Mom?

Quote:
BODY FAT UPDATE!!!

I've just been walking with my friend, who mentioned she had some body fat scales stored under the bed.

I now know why the scale aint going down. Since I introduced my healthy eating and exercise plan last year, the 14lbs I've slowly lost equates to a 15% drop in body fat!

My body fat has gone from 39% to 24%!!!!!

Hehehe...sorry, just went crazy! That is AWESOME!!!! But that would explain it...the weight is NOT always the answer!!! Thanks for reminding me of that Claire!

Started Sonoma on 1/5/06
Currently on Wave 2

Overall goal:

Old 01-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #45
Crazy(ied) Mom?

well...eating yesterday...not so good. I broke down and got CC's pizza last night....soooooo good! mmm...especially the Cinna rolls....totally NOT Sonoma. And, I had leftovers for lunch Too tired to cook. I may have been a bit bummed to about my 2 lb gain...

Tonight I'm renewing my commitment...and having something probably with the shrimp and asparagus. I don't have my book with me, so I dunno. I think I need to sit down and draw up my meal plan for the week. I tried to use MasterCook to input all of the Sonoma recipies from the book so I can just link to them in building my meal plan and then print off the grocery list. That would have been sooo very easy, but it's too time consuming to type every recipe in...and I can't afford to join Sonoma online to get access to those meal plans and grocery list. *sigh* what am I complaining about...just sitting here making excuses...I don't need no fancy computer program, I just need to sit down and do it.

On to other more happier things, I went to go look at our possible new appartment yesterday after workout. It is small, but I like it. The kitchen is actually big which dh will love but there is no dining room apart from the living room. The living room is about the size of our living room now without the dining room and we are expected to squeeze a table in there or eat on tv trays in front of the tv...NOT what I wanted to do, so it's going to have to be off to the store to buy a smaller table (we needed new anyway...new table and living room set...we just have to scale down quite a bit!) But...the good news is that their fitness center is FANTASTIC! State of the art equipment that is accessable 24-hrs a day-treadmills, elipticals, one recumbent bike, and weight equipment. I just have to buy a card to access it after hours, which I plan on doing. That way like the other morning when I woke up at 5 thinking I need to get up so I can go, but didn't want to get the girls up, now I won't have to! I can let them sleep and get my workout in the mornings, and not disturb anyone! He'll have to take them with him when he goes to work because the babysitter will totally be out of my way to go before work...but I told him I will pick them up after I get off then...I have more time I won't mind.

Now I'm debating about keeping my Y membership if I get in there. I won't get rid of it right away because of the pool, but they have an outdoor pool of course...kind of hard to swim laps in it though of course, more for recreation. Plus the girls can participate in their programs at the Y if I keep it, swim lessons, tumbling when they get older...anything to encourage an active lifestyle. But it's $50 a month...I dunno...we'll see.

So, besides being off program yesterday, otherwise I had a great day with the workout and finding out about the apartment. I want to move in right away, but we have one more month on our lease. We have to let him know we are not renewing and hopefully pass the credit check at the apartment .

Anyway...thanks for listening as always gals! You guys are the best!

Started Sonoma on 1/5/06
Currently on Wave 2

Overall goal:

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.