Old 10-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #1  
New Sonoma Diet

S/C/G: 150?/150?/129

Height: 5'5

Default Waking up this forum

RawrGirl specifically joined 3FC because it had a Sonoma/Mediterranean forum, only to realize most of the posts are asking if anyone is here, lol.

So RawrGirl is going to try to liven it up. First, how many of us are there? And how long have you been doing it, and how much have you lost so far?

As for RawrGirl, she has just started (bought the book Tuesday, went grocery shopping on Thursday -- it took 3 hours to find bread, tortilla "chips", crakers, etc that were all 100% whole grain). RawrGirl refuses to get on demon scale, so she is tracking only her measurements at the moment.

RawrGirl's WeightLoss Diary: http://rawrgirlsweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

Last edited by RawrGirl; 10-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.
RawrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #2  
New Sonoma Diet

S/C/G: 150?/150?/129

Height: 5'5

Is there really no one here who is doing Sonoma? Come on, people? This thread as 108 views. I know you are out there.

RawrGirl's WeightLoss Diary: http://rawrgirlsweightlossdiary.blogspot.com/

Last edited by RawrGirl; 10-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.
RawrGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

I haven't been on sonoma for a couple of years. I was pretty successful on it too because I was able to control portions better. If I look in the dishwasher and see which plates are there I can tell that I'm cheating-seeing normal sized plates and worse-bowls.
Good luck in what you are doing. remind me often enough to get back on track.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:43 AM   #4  

Default I'm new

I just joined the forum and I too was looking for a support group for the Mediterranean diet. I've been searching for a few days and there doesn't seem to be much support anywhere on the web. I remembered this site from a few years ago & recalled that they had several diet plans on here.
I just started reading the book and I think this is a plan that my husband and son would do with me.
I need to get busy reading so I can start making a list of what we will need to get started.
Sassenach59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Original poster has not been online since Oct. 20. Sorry! Perhaps you can adapt your plan to another eating plan like South Beach!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3

SASSANCH I hope you found a way to get started with your family . Sonoma and mediterranian diets don't seem to have 'groupies' because it doesn't have any magic bullet cure. It just makes sense. What is the fun in that..lol

OK I'm not following any plan/system for now. But Sonoma ideas help me make better choices. The 9 inch plate is probably the best take away idea in the whole book. And no cheating by putting your salad on another plate and filling the dinner plate with more fudz.
South Beach forum is more active so you can have company and recipes that you follow in Sonoma style. Best of luck in 2015!
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/132/125

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

I went from Atkins to Mediterranean to South Beach. I always lost all the weight, but could never make "maintenance " work because of the reintroduction of the foods that caused me the problems in the first place. Once I went primal and then just stuck to primary, natural foods, I not only lost all of the weight for the last time, but have been successfully maintaining for over 15 months because this way of eating does not have an expiration date . I eat meats, fish, veggies, dairy, nuts, sees, and a few fruits. Easy, peasy, delicious.

Last edited by Sunny Coconut; 01-10-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Sunny Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #8  
Sherianne

S/C/G: 207/198/140

Height: 5'3"

I just purchased the 30 Day Mediterranean Diet Challenge. I can stick with it for 30 days, but beyond that will require some support. I am type II diabetic and the Mediterranean diet is one that is recommended for diabetics, and is food that I enjoy. Now, to start exercising again...
Quixotica is offline   Reply With Quote