Old 06-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Trying this

I'm trying a low cal bite counting version of the Mediterranean diet. I hope it helps! Starting today.
kmruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #2  

Good luck! Let us know how you do.
Mamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #3  

Default I see this topic is really slow

I've never understood why the Sonoma diet did not catch on more. I'm trying it right now .. bought the book years and years ago, but never did more then than make some recipes from it. I'm having a bit of a dilemma in that I do not eat beef or pork and prefer not to eat poultry, so I'm trying to cobble together enough meals from fish and vegetarian sources. Anyone else trying this right now?
Cherry Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Cherry-- I read your posts and you seem to be doing well with the Sonoma. The trouble I have is I love the types of food you can eat on both the Med and Sonoma diets but I do have a gluten sensitivity so I can't enjoy the breads so much. I do enjoy the wine though. I recently found a new snack that fits in the diet I think. I recently made refrigerator marinated cucumber pieces ( similar to pickles ) and I toasted a half of tortilla folded in toaster. Found some hummus to spread in the tortilla and placed a couple of pieces of cucumber in the wrap. It was yummy and filling.

Last edited by kmruby1; 08-02-2014 at 02:38 PM.
kmruby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #5  

I am mostly on plan, but Sunday was bad. My granddaughter was baptized and I ate what was provided; however, I did not think it was terrible. I did have a piece of cake, though. Then I went out to dinner with my father, husband, and stepmother and ordered Veal Milanese with angel hair and I had two glasses of wine instead of one. Two days later, I am still dealing with the weight I gained back... two pounds' worth.
Cherry Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Hmm. I think I have ended up here. I have always customized my diet from day 1, but what has worked for me is a lot of fish, salad and (some) alcohol. What I eat is closest to Mediterranean, so I swear by it.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote