New to The Sonoma Diet

• Hi everyone. I'm starting this week and am hoping to find others also on the Sonoma Diet. I noticed quite a few posted regularly last year & earlier this year, but not much activity lately.

I bought a new copy of the old book at a dollar store and was always going to give it a try; but never did. A couple of weeks ago, I dug it out of a box of stuff going to goodwill.

I love the idea of eating well--have eaten whole wheat bread, pastas, etc. for years & try to buy organic when I can. But I have a sweet tooth that won't quit. I never want to exercise either, so it's a struggle to keep the weight off. I'm just 4' 10.5 " tall and currently weigh about 122-125 (haven't checked this week). I am hoping to get down to 100 lbs. & do it with food/eating plan that I can stay on forever as I know I will gain it all back once I quit "dieting". (As I have every other time).

I'm hoping to do my grocery shopping tomorrow and doing some cooking ahead for a possible start Thursday or Friday. If not, maybe next week.....

Eskielover
  • Starting, too.
    I just got the book and am prepping to try this out. However, the food is a bit complex and expensive!

Is there anyone who has done this before who has ideas about simple and easy recipes/meal ideas? I love to cook, but don't have the time to prepare elaborate meals every day!

Good luck to you, Eskielover. Hopefully we are both successful on our new journeys.
  • I had the book then stupid me gave it away thinking I would never want to pull it out again. Now here I am seeing again how wonderful the plan really is and wanting to go back and repurchase it! GRRRRRR....

I am starting wave one today and fixing to go grocery shopping.

I am also pulling out my red wine... am looking forward to this!

Nice to see some activity still here!
  • I had the book afresh brainless me gave it abroad cerebration I would never demand to cull it out again. Now actuality I am seeing afresh how admirable the plan absolutely is and absent to go aback and repurchase it!
  • Re-buy the book!
    Found mine at the local thrift store for $3.99. Hard cover, perfect condition. It's worth a look!