New to Mediterranean Diet

• I decided that this diet seems to be what I am looking for. I got a book on the Mediterranean Diet, but it's a cook book. It seems like the Med. Diet has less structure than the Sonoma Diet right? No waves or anything like that?

This morning I ate a half cup of cottage cheese mixed with a tsp. honey, and a fresh orange.

Then for lunch I ate a pita bread covered with half a large sauteed onion, with a tsp. honey and dijon mustard mixed in. And a small sprinkle of mozzarella (not coating all the pita), and a tsp. of dollops of cottage cheese, four olives, and maybe half or quarter of an oz of a special cheese.

Does this seem pretty consistent with the diet?

What is the big difference between the Sonoma and the Mediterranean diet? Which one do you think works better?

I used to be really thin without trying at all. At the time, I was fairly poor but my boyfriend was obsessed with only eating organic everything. That meant that we ate a lot of rice, beans, and home-made breads (as bread from the store is deceptively more expensive than the raw ingredients to make it). We ate some veggies, but more fruit, and used cheese sparingly as a seasoning. We could rarely afford meat--maybe a few times a month. It seems like the Med. diet has a similar food pyramid--only more veggies. I'd like to get back to my old size without having to be constantly measuring and counting all day long.