Old 06-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #16  

Thanks, Gina! I really like the sound of the Cook Once/Eat Twice thing - I have choir practice on Monday evenings and often find it difficult to fit dinner in around that. If I can cook Monday's dinner on Sunday, that will make things easier!
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
Thanks, Gina! I really like the sound of the Cook Once/Eat Twice thing - I have choir practice on Monday evenings and often find it difficult to fit dinner in around that. If I can cook Monday's dinner on Sunday, that will make things easier!
Ditto for me as well..why not cook once,and have enough for two dinners..that leaves more time for other things...and I think it also saves money.
Thanks Gina for the updated bk.info. choices~
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #18  

No problem.

I like the cook once eat twice recipes also. There is a quinoia recipe that I want to try. It is hard for me to make a meal for lunch. I really want left overs--I hope the cook once recipes help!
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3

Hi guys
Nice to see a new group of Sonoma.
I pretty much quit and wandered away some time in December. And I have the regained pounds to prove it.
I have started again but have to retrain my brain.
weight July 1 214
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #20  

Hi 2Bees, welcome back! What led to you wandering away - was it the holidays?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #21  

I am happy to see the increased activity here.
I lost about 12 pounds last summer on the Sonoma Diet, but during the school year (I teach) I fell off the wagon and gained it back.

I own the first book, and I checked the new book out of the library and read it.

I love the way I feel when I eat this way. It also brought my cholesterol down to 161.

I was 144 at the end of the school year (June 1) and I am 136 right now. My goal right now is to get down to 130.

The hardest part for me is no sugar in my coffee and tea!

Annie in Texas
Tabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #22  

Hi, Annie! You're doing pretty well. It sounds like you're on track to reach your goal before the new school year starts!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello everyone!
I have been in and out for a year and my husband and I are fed up with our eating habits and decided last night after a day of 4th of July feasting that TODAY was the day to start over and mean it!!!
Today's menu: egg sandwich with a little cheese and LOTS of veggies for Breakfast
Large salad for lunch
Supper is going to be chicken, veggies and fruit
Keep us in your thoughts--my husband has high cholesterol and we don't want him to go on medicine!!!
I'll be thinking of you all too!
My weight has crept up over the past 2 years---I would be happy to maintain at 130.
We walk for exercise---and ride bikes if it is still light out when we get home.
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 223/205/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! This must be catching on! LOL! I have been reading polls on which diets were the best all around and Mediterranean was right up there. But that isn't a weight loss diet... so I dusted off my old Sonoma Diet book and decided to see if I could get through the first Wave! Wow... has anyone done this and did you get crazed with hunger? Now I understand there is a newer version of the book, so of course, I ordered that today. My kitchen isn't totally ready for me to start but I have been practicing. Is chocolate in Wave 1? I also saw somewhere she included desserts. I am excited to try this out...but afraid to be out of control if I get too hungry. I am a big ol baby. How different is Wave 1 in the new book?
Mom2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:49 AM   #25  

Hi Mom2boxers,

I'm on Day 4 of Wave 1 today. I've been hungry between meals, but not crazy-hungry. You're allowed snacks, so that helps. There's no chocolate in Wave 1, but in Wave 2 you can have dark chocolate three times a week. The main change to Wave 1 in the new book is that you can have 1 serving of fruit per day, so you can use that as a dessert if you want. Other than that, I think Wave 1 is still the same as before. I'm posting summaries of each chapter of the new book on another thread, called "My book arrived", and I wrote up the Wave 1 chapter yesterday, so you can head over there for an overview if you want.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #26  
Mous

Default Good Morning

I am thinking about starting the Sonama Diet. I have the old book.

What are your views on this diet?

LADY WINDSONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #27  

Hi there, Windsong. I have the new book and am in my first week on Wave 2. I really like this diet so far - I have found it easy to stick to, and the emphasis on whole foods suits me really well. I also much prefer the plate method for portion control compared to the food pyramid or counting points/calories etc.

The only thing I would say is that since you're working from the old book, you may want to add a portion of fruit in Wave 1 rather than following the old plan exactly. The author now says that she thinks banning fruit altogether in Wave 1 was contrary to the spirit of the diet because fruit is so good for you. If you want a quick summary of the new book, see the thread "My new book arrived" on this forum. Good luck! If you do decide to do Sonoma, I hope you'll come back here often and share your experiences with us.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #28  
Mous

Ty

I am going to start reading the book TODAY. I like the idea that we have a place to come to chat and get support.

See you later with news of what I read.

Marcie
Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 AM   #29  
Mous

boo!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:32 AM   #30  
Mous

Guess I was wrong.