Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #1  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Dec 27 to Jan 3 (2011) Sonoma/Mediterranean Thread

I want to keep my momentum going and keep myself out of the abundant cookies, chocolate and other treats! Have a family get-together on the 2nd. That's at my house so I can make sure there are healthy foods. DH will make sure that some of my trigger foods are included as he sees this as a competition with others who have hosted the get-together. It's my family and I'm not competing so I don't get it!

I'll come back and update this post as the day goes on.
B: espresso/agave nectar/1.5 tsp Half & Half
Whole wheat bread, roast beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms & a small piece of provolone.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5'3

That's the crazy thing about holidays-old family dynamics. Or maybe new ones-scripts we write in our head about how we really are. And like Christmas sweaters they don't always look good on us or fit right.(Or maybe I;m writing a script that doesn't fit you-lol. carryon.
Had Shrimp etoffee over rice and red beans and rice for dinner last night at a N'orleans style restaurant. I was sharing with others so didn't overeat.
Blueberries-still half frozen are my go to snack these days.
Need to get back in the habit of cooking a high quality high fiber starch-more filling-more on-track.
Going to DC today with out of town relatives.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:23 AM   #3  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

I gain only one pound after the holidays HURRAY!

Im back on the sonoma train monday with the new book coming out sometime next month!

Woohoo
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #4  

Hello ladies ! Mind if I join you? My husband and I are starting this diet full force on Saturday. I receives the new Sonoma Diet from amazon today. I was surprised to get it before the release date, definitely a good surprise.

Our biggest concern is having the time to prepare good meals, but we are committed to it.

Would love any of your tips and quick recipes ! Have a good week everyone!

Tracy
TracyInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 PM   #5  

Forgot to update this.
Today:
B: Pear, espresso
L: Fish, shrimp, salad greens, tomato wedge
D: Pork loin, Spinach, leftover red potatoes
S: Pear with cinnamon, planning on a cup of minty green tea.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #6  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyInVA View Post
Our biggest concern is having the time to prepare good meals, but we are committed to it.

Welcome Tracy! We can definately all help you. We have lost so many pounds together and still counting.

I never understood that statement. I come from a family that food is really important and my mom spent countless hours in the kitchen for us.. So to me, spending 20-45 mins for dinner time is normal and I never saw a problem.

Now for my BF it was a different story. here is how we work it out to save time:
Sundays, you plan your week of food and you go to the grocery store. I reserve 3 hours on my sundays just for week prep. Once im done shopping I go home and cut all my veggies and marinate my meat etc.

When you plan your week, make sure that every night you have some kind of meat you can cook extra and put it aside for the next day (lunch time)
For example, lets say you make a chicken stir fry with noodles for dinner. what I do is I remove some of the veggies and chicken (before the noodles) and pack my lunch for the next day.
I usually eat salad at night caus eI have more time and a typical lunch for me is a protein with a soup or raw veggies such as carrots, peppers etc.

Thats my trick for saving time but you got to take the time on sunday to plan.

Anyhow!
B: 2 toasts with PB
L: Protein shake and carrots
D: Lean pizza
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #7  

Good morning/afternoon!

B: espresso with agave nectar and half & half
S: 1 cup tomatoes
L: Roast beef, onions, spring mix, black olives, 3 cherry tomatoes, olive oil & vinegar, feta cheese
Old 12-31-2010, 08:27 PM   #8  

Thanks for the tips, Zofia. I'm hopeful that I can make the time on the weekend to prepare for the week ahead. We have a 1 and a 3 year old and my time spent in the kitchen is very exciting with the 1 year old underfoot
That being said, I can get creative with the planning.

Tomorrow is our official start and the refrigerator and pantry are stocked. We will be spending time at my sister's tomorrow afternoon. Food is always part of the gathering - but we are going to take our own celery sticks and tomatoes.
TracyInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5'3

I've stopped posting my daily info in Fitday. That was a big help and I need to start again.
Hi to Tracy the new kid on the block. Let us know what you think of the new book. I found after I gave the new stuff a try I like quinoa (with mushrooms and onion) and brown rice 0at least in stir fry.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote