Height: 5'7

Default Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Mar 01-08, 2010

Here's to a fab week
Good luck!
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 135/128/120

Height: 5'3"

I can't believe it is March! So I started C25k today and it was bad. I could only do 4 of the running intervals and there should have been 8. I thought I was over my cold but now I can't get the mucus to stop (sorry, that was gross). I think what I'm going to do is keep increasing the amount of 60 second intervals I can run until I get to all 8 and then go ahead and start the first week. I will do more on Wednesday! No more being lazy.

Today:

B: goLean w/ skim milk
L: either PBJ on ww or a small chicken breast sliced over spinach
D: Feta stuffed chicken w. brown rice and broccoli

Exercise: 4 minutes of running and about 22 minutes of walking. I'm going to take the dog out and walk him tonight too.
CPTSayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

OMG you might not eat your PBJ! O_O

I failed last week. I was able to loose 4 pounds but some how manage to gain in all saturay night.. FAIL so im back to square one with still many pounds to go before my trip... I dont think I can do it

b: granola bar
l: soup and shrimps
D: Spaguetti with meat balls.

exercise: 45 mins of cardio
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #4  

You can do it... Even if you just lose the 4 lbs. again at least you are back to where you were...and if you lost another 4 lbs. the week after that that will be 8. Whatever you lose or don't lose don't beat yourself up...you'll still enjoy your trip whatever your weight, and if it isn't as much as you wanted then you'll just start over when you get back. Remember, even if you did gain 4 lbs. back, you didn't gain 27 lbs. back and you're still in a better place than when you started.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

Hello ladies! I know I don't contribute much, but just wanted you to know how grateful I am for your comments. They really have helped me keep up with this diet and even though I still have only lost 1 pound in a month, that is better than I have done all last year. Your menus, recipes and chatter are much appreciated. I really need to lose about 10 pounds (nine now!!)and learn to eat better and thanks to you, I am doing that! Thanks again and have a blessed week!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #6  

Hey Ping! Good to see you here I'm a little sore from my run yesterday, but it is not as bad as I thought it would be, so thats good...I'm already pumped up for tomorrow!

Getting back to basics:

B: 2 boiled eggs w/ WW toast
L: PBJ on WW
D: Grilled chicken breast w/ brown rice and broccoli
Old 03-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #7  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Hi Ping, nice to hear from you

Here's yesterday's -
B: Fruit, skimmed milk and muesli smoothie
L: Spinach ravioli, pint of beer
D: Tuna steak and roast potatoes, 4 glasses of wine and 3 gin and tonics

1 hour wii
2 hours walking the dog
Old 03-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #8  
Sarah

And here's today's

L: Vegetarian burger in a wholemeal bun
D: Bowl muesli with low fat yoghurt
S: 3 laughing cow cheese on ryvita with a sliced pear

1 hour wii
Old 03-03-2010, 08:10 AM   #9  
Yay!

Thank you everyone for the support. I was being a litte bit emotionnal and too hard on myself!! hahahaha

I am feeling much better today. Seems like I am getting over my sickness.. I also started the pill last week and was freaking out I would gain weight from it but it is far from that. My side effects are decrease in appetite and body ache so its all good hahah Monday I was 215.. today I was 212!!! YAY

Probably just water retention from drinking. Everything is under control and 7 pounds to go until Scotland WOOHOO

B:2 slices of toast and peanut butter
L: Shrimps and squash soup
D: Stir fry with eggs lol I am in the mood for eggs. Dont ask.

Excercise: 45 minutes of cardio
Old 03-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133/131/123

Height: 5'1'

I had a major breakthrough yesterday---got up feeling FAT and scales confirmed I had gained the pound back--figured what the hay...I''m going to commit complete debauchery today--had it all planned. But! could not do it!! nothing sounded "that good"-- instead, ate bananas, skim milk, salads, roasted chicken and green beans and viola! down 2 pounds this morning!!! And! I am not binge-ing any more--how about that?!!! Started walking again after 8 weeks of lying around watching it snow (thanks to you ladies and all your comments on your exercising!!) Thanks agian and take care!!
ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #11  

Yay! 2 lbs!!!! That is so great! I'm glad you exercised too, I know it can be hard to get going sometimes. I had planned to do my second run today but we have this stupid coastal storm coming in and its pouring rain, ridiculously windy and it feels like its 26. It is supposed to be 65 on Sunday...you have to love coastal NC (if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes) So since I wasn't running, I did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt and Cardio Max. Hopefully it will be warm (and dry!) enough that I can try my run tomorrow.

Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs w. WW toast
D: Grilled Pork chops w. turnip greens and rice

Exercise: Biggest Loser Power Sculpt AND Cardio Max
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #12  
Sarah

Here's todays -

B: Bowl Fruit and fibre, low fat yoghurt
L: Veggie wrap, Fruit, skimmed milk and muesli smoothie
D: Lentils & courgette & onion, tinned fillet of whiting
S: 1 low fat cheese spread on 2 ryvita with sliced pear

1 hour wii (30 mins of this was jogging! so pleased)

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 03-03-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #13  

Ok, so I'm feeling really frustrated. Last night instead of eating pork like I'd planned we went out with my parents. I ate grilled catfish, turnip greens and green beans....all pretty plan friendly. Well then I decided to treat myself with a delicious, fluffy Southern delicacy made from white flour...a biscuit with butter. For the past two weeks I've been floating around 125 lbs. If I'm really stringent it goes down to 124, somedays its 126, but just hovering right there. Well yesterday I weighed myself and it was 124. This morning I weighed myself and guess what! 125 I know it isn't water weight because I've been drinking gallons and gallons of it. I know it is the biscuit and it makes me sad. I looked at that bisuit like it was part of my heritage, like it was my divine right as a southerner. I guess I just feel like I've been really good all week minus the biscuit and I'm still stuck...I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm considering going back to Wave 1.

Today:

B: 2 boiled eggs w/ WW toast
D: Grilled Pork Chops w/ brown rice and turnip greens

Exercise: Walk the dog
Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #14  
Yay!

I was frustrated with my weight loss?
Its not one biscuit that will make you gain one pound…I think we are both making the same mistake, we are weighting ourselves way too much.

My doctor told me it is normal to vary between 2 pounds.. you can consider a pound lost if it has been for an entire week. For example if you weight yourself on Monday… next Monday, if you’re down 2 pounds.. You’re down 2 pounds…

Maybe we should try not to weight ourselves for one full week and check up on each other?? I think it would be better for the both of us mentally hahaha

And look at what’s left for you to loose. You’re doing such a great job!! Don’t beat yourself up!!!

Me:
B: 2 toast
L: Tuna and soup
D: No idea Im not hungry lately :S probably eggs

Exercise: 45 mins cardio
Old 03-04-2010, 09:34 AM   #15  
Sarah

I wouldn't worry too much if I were you Sarah, you'd have to overeat more than that to really gain any weight so try to be patient. I have to remind myself all the time, like daily, that I certainly wasn't impatient when I was putting on all the weight, so I have to be patient with losing it. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that jazz. Chin up! Your dinner was perfectly healthy and a little bit of what you fancy once in a while is good for you because you won't feel deprived.

Here's mine for today:
B: Bowl muesli with low fat natural yoghurt
L: Lentils with courgette and onions
S: Some strawberries and a banana
D: Vegetable & pineapple stir fry with black bean sauce

1 hour wii

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 03-05-2010 at 07:55 AM.