Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default Sonoma/Mediterranean Weekly Thread Nov 23-29,2009

Turkey week here in the US. Let's hope we all make it through the week without too much damage. My post from yesterday disappeared. I don't know what's up with this site recently.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Happy Monday everyone

Ugh, sorry I've disappeared off the radar the past couple days, my cold morphed into a chest infection and I literally feel like I've been hit by a truck. I've gone up a couple of pounds too! Life is so unfair...

Anyway

Here's my menu for today
L: Wholemeal roll with sage derby cheese and sun dried tomatoes
D: Polenta with tomato sauce
S: A small cashew cereal bar
CardboardCutoutCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #3  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardboardCutoutCat View Post

Here's my menu for today
L: Wholemeal roll with sage derby cheese and sun dried tomatoes
D: Polenta with tomato sauce
S: A small cashew cereal bar
Are you sure you are following Sonoma properly?? I dont see any proteins anywhere? A small cashew bar seems very small for dinner....

For me:
Breakfast: 1 cup of cereal (whole) 1 cup of skim milk
Lunch: One bowl of chili with green beans on the side
Dinner: A mexican chicken pita(small) with zuchini on the side.
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #4  

Zofia-I think Sarah is a Mediterranean dieter, not really a Sonoma follower. I'm kind of a blended program myself. I'm losing 1-2 lbs per week pretty consistently so it seems to be working pretty well.

B: smoothie made with greek yogurt, banana, frozen berries, and whey protein, sugar free latte
L: tunisian chicken and almond couscous, tunisian orange, date and pistachio salad (is there a theme here, LOL)
D: Pork chop with port and cranberries, mixed grains with cashews and roasted green beens, glass of pinot noir. This dinner was awesome if I do say so myself! That pork chop recipe may make my list of favorites. That is a Sonoma recipe.

I scheduled my massage today which is my reward for losing my first 15 lbs. Looking forward to that.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

Well, it's been so crazy for me lately.. Parents are moving 1000 miles away (stepdad got a good job in Michigan of ALL places).. and it's starting to really hit that my mom won't be around anymore... It's always been me, mom, and my older brother.. This will also be the first christmas away from her too.. yuk. As a result, i've been eating just terrible. Today i tried to get it in check, but it didn't really work.

B- whole wheat toast w/sf jam
S- yogurt
L-tomato, avocado, feta chez, cucumber salad
S- Walmart honey BBQ chicken- 1/2 pound.
D- Chik-fil-a chargrilled wrap w/spicy dressing and fries.

My tummy has been in all sorts of pain since i've been eating very poorly. It really make me appreciate eating well. Of course i haven't working out either and i know my hubby is irritated because we pay for a membership and he's the only one using it right now...

Hoping to get it back on track this week..
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #6  
Yay!

For me:
B: same cereal as yesterdday, I was lazy lol
L: Shrimps sauté with brocoli and zuchini
D:Steak with brown rice and veggies.

Exercise:
45 Mins of step

Petra: Whats the pork chop recipe, it sounds SO delicious! Is it in the book?

Last edited by Zofia; 11-24-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:55 AM   #7  

Zofia-I am a doctor. I know enough about nutrition to make good choices. I keep a very detailed food journal. I had 125 grams of protein yesterday and about 1800 calories. Certainly enough. I appreciate your concern.

The pork chop recipe is in the cook book. It is awesome. I'll be having left overs for a few days.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #8  
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
Zofia-I am a doctor. I know enough about nutrition to make good choices. I keep a very detailed food journal. I had 125 grams of protein yesterday and about 1800 calories. Certainly enough. I appreciate your concern.

The pork chop recipe is in the cook book. It is awesome. I'll be having left overs for a few days.
I was referring to the other girl not you lol I know you have your proteins. She doesnt.
but anyways
I will refrain to try to help and keep my thoughts to myself. I guess to each their own diet.

Thankx for the recipe, I will try it tomorrow! (no more wave 1 WOOHOO

Last edited by Zofia; 11-24-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #9  

Did a little better with the calories today.

B: shredded wheat n bran with a banana, low fat milk, sugar free latte
L: tunisian chicken and almond couscous (forgot to take the almonds, lol), 1 tangerine
D: pork chop with port and cranberries, green beans, mixed grains and cashews. Glass of pinot noir.

I made a big bowl of turkey and apple salad (also from the sonoma cookbook) to have for the rest of the week for lunches. Yummy.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #10  
Sarah

Zofia, I'm following the Mediterranean diet, I have done for quite a while, I've never tried Sonoma. As I don't eat meat I think it would be a little punishing although maybe sometime I'll look into it, to give weight loss a boost.

For dinner that day I had polenta and I think there is a small amount of protein there. The cashew bar was a snack I had between lunch and dinner. My menu sometimes is a bit crazy because half of the time I work days, the other half nights. Sometimes I have dinner for breakfast and breakfast for supper. Some days I eat way too much and some days I forget to eat until dinner time. But I try my best and I have my rules which I stick to. You are right though, I've been keeping a SparkPeople food diary and it tells me that my protein is very low. When I've recovered from being sick I'll be taking a look at my diet and making some adjustments. But as you said, each to their own. I post on here for support and to share recipes and keep a record I can look back on. I even post bad days (and really bad days!) and its not for analysis, just to keep a record. I'm pretty sure that's why we're all here

Here's my menu for today -
L: Wholemeal roll with brie and sundried tomatoes
D: Chili made with quorn mince, onion, garlic, chilis and canned tomato. Organic brown rice
S: Some boiled chestnuts

Last edited by CardboardCutoutCat; 11-25-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Menu changed slightly
Old 11-26-2009, 08:57 AM   #11  

The technical issues on this site are causing me some frustration. Couldn't get on this thread last night at all.

Here's my menu from yesterday:

B: smoothie with greek yogurt, banana, frozen berries, whey protein, sf davinci syrup, sugar free latte
L: out to lunch at work: black and bleu salad (steak and bleu cheese)
D: pork chops with port and cranberries, roasted green beans, mixed grains and cashews, tunisian orange, date and pistachio salad.

I'm out of tangerines so no more of that for a little bit. I did buy some pears yesterday I plan to poach in some port wine. Also a sonoma recipe, Zofia. I've decided dessert is good once in a while to keep me from feeling deprived.

I have to work today. The hospital provides free food for us because we are working on a major holiday but I'm still taking my lunch so I can stay on plan.

Hopefully the tech issues will be fixed by this evening. Have a great Turkey day everyone.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #12  
Sarah

Here's mine for today -
L: Slice of pizza
D: Homemade fish pie, glass or two of rose
Old 11-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #13  

I'm pleased to say I've had an OP day today. Christmas will be my challenge since I will be at home and have no control over the food.

B: 2 eggs with green onions, canadian bacon, cheddar, in 1/2 a pita, sugar free latte
L: turkey and apple salad
D: pork chop with port and cranberries, roasted green beans, mixed grains with cashews, glass of shiraz.
Dessert: poached pear in red wine sauce-I hope this is good because it was a bit of work.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #14  

Hey ladies, since there are now several of us posting here with some regularity, what do you think about starting a Christmas or end of the year Challenge/Goal thread. We each make a goal for ourselves for the rest of the year which does not necessarily have to be scale related-could be exercise related or drinking more water, eating more protien (lol), getting more sleep, whatever you need to work on, and then post on that thread regularly about how you are doing with meeting that goal. Does that interest you all? Would be nice to expand this forum a little and might attract more people particularly with the new year coming.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #15  

I'm starting to feel like I'm talking to myself today.

B: Irish oatmeal with honey, raisins, walnuts, sugar free latte
L: turkey apple salad in a pita
D: turkey enchilada, last of the roasted green beans, poached pear in red wine sauce, chocolate chai tea.