Old 09-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default hi again

I'm a Sonoma dieter off and on. Have decided to try to get back in gear. I see someone has tried to revive this board recently but it looks like it has been pretty stagnant for a couple of weeks. Anyone still checking in and interested in trying to stay in contact? It's definately easier to stay on track with support.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Hi Back!

I have been away from the computer for a bit, but I will be glad to stay in touch and offer what support I can. My Hubby and I are living the Sonoma way and are loving it! We have both lost some weight and are eating healthier and feeling great. I will get back into the habit of checking the board daily.
Congrats on starting back. Have a wonderful day.
Blessings~
Linda
StarbucksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #3  

Nice to see there is someone still here. I was starting to wonder. I need to update my ticker-unfortunately I gained a few in my months of mindless eating.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #4  

Well good for you for starting back on Sonoma again. I am a former weight watchers "repeat offender" I made my goal for the first time just over a year ago, made lifetime and then got hired to work for them as a receptionst part time. I let some bad decisions on eating keep me from continuing with them. My hubby and I got really tired of calculating points etc, and found a book on the Sonoma. We are very happy with the plan. It gives us great freedom to choose the right food and I have learned a whole new way of eating. I really do believe that it will be a permanent lifestle now.
Good luck on your journey!
Blessings~
Linda
Old 09-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #5  

I did weight watchers once a long time ago and lost quite a bit of weight - around 50 lbs but there were some things about that program that really bugged me and stiill do. I don't think I could ever make that a way of life. I belong to the Sonoma site and there are a few people there too so that has been helpful for support as well. I'll try to check in periodically to see if we can rekindle interest in this board here. It seems to wax and wane. Maybe with the new year there will be some new interest.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #6  

Good Luck. I'll be checking here too. Hopefully we can get some intrest and some new recipes!
Blessings~
Linda
Old 09-24-2009, 11:05 AM   #7  

I'm not on the Sonoma Diet per se but counting calories and trying to follow the Mediterranean style of eating, which is what my doctor has recommended for me. So far I've lost 5 lbs and have really concentrated on limiting my carbs, switching to whole wheat products, and watching my portions.

I check in here from time to time as well, so I hope y'all continue to post and I can follow your progress.

OT - petra65, I'm originally from Biloxi (as you can probably tell by my avatar). I see you are in Southern Mississippi as well. I currently live in the Atlanta metro area but hope to get back down there for good in a few more years.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #8  

Hey Southern Maven-I'm in OS. I'm originally from the Northeast so I'm a transplant. I've lived here about 3 years but have always loved this part of the country and am happy here now. Suspect I'll live here the rest of my life. Going home for a little visit in a couple of weeks.

Had a little dietary detour last night but got right back on track this morning and haven't really felt like I missed a beat. It didn't involve sugar and that really seems to be the thing that gets me into the most trouble. Hope everyone is having a nice OP weekend.