Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #91  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

My mother's garden has been really producing this week, so we're scrambling to get my sons to eat some of the veggies. I got creative last night and made stuffed bell peppers, and the boys really loved them!

I used extra-lean ground turkey, shredded zucchini and Japanese eggplant, onion, garlic and chopped fresh tomatoes. I also included whole wheat couscous and seasoned it all with salt, pepper and Greek oregano. Then I topped them with crumbled feta and mizithra cheeses. Mizithra is a hard Greek sheep or goat cheese, similar in nature to Parmesan, but with a tangier flavor.

So after the boys finished eating, I let them know about the zucchini and eggplant. My older son said he knew "something" was in there, and the younger one said, "Is there any more?"

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #92  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
My mother's garden has been really producing this week, so we're scrambling to get my sons to eat some of the veggies. I got creative last night and made stuffed bell peppers, and the boys really loved them!

I used extra-lean ground turkey, shredded zucchini and Japanese eggplant, onion, garlic and chopped fresh tomatoes. I also included whole wheat couscous and seasoned it all with salt, pepper and Greek oregano. Then I topped them with crumbled feta and mizithra cheeses. Mizithra is a hard Greek sheep or goat cheese, similar in nature to Parmesan, but with a tangier flavor.

So after the boys finished eating, I let them know about the zucchini and eggplant. My older son said he knew "something" was in there, and the younger one said, "Is there any more?"

Georgia
That sounds so good............send some my way, haha.
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #93  

Height: 6-1.5

I didn't really choose any brand name diet, but I think that the closest they come to the way I am now eating is the Med diet. I have been doing it without any meat though. No turkey, chicken, seafood. I rarely eat bread also. I usually eat vegetables and rice or pasta, and a bit of cheese--
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #94  

Georgia, Tina, and Dawn,

I am so sorry I have not been around. I have been staying on plan eating and getting a serious amount of exercise. I am just on vacation in FL and took some time to get internet here! I finally have it but am so busy with all the running and biking and swimming, I have not been able to keep up with my emails, etc. I hope you are all doing fabu and have not left forever!!!! Miss you guys!!!! I will be back in town Aug. 1st. I promise,promise to be back faithfully posting when I get back!!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:28 PM   #95  

Paging Tina!!!!! Where r u, girl?
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #96  

I finally bought The Mediterranean Diet and Sonoma Diet books (used) on amazon today! I'm excited. I don't ever have a shortage of recipe ideas, but I feel like I'd benefit from having a few resources to access on a regular basis.

It's somewhat easy to be "Mediterranean" at this time of year, when everything is in season. I wonder what winter is going to be like??

Today, I made a lentil/bean/rice dish for lunch (and for work lunches this week), and I had a tuna-curry salad in a pita for dinner (tuna, mayo/yogurt, curry powder, celery, raisins, almonds).

For fresh produce, I have a mediocre peach and a mediocre nectarine (you know how they get kind of mealy textured? ick). I'm going to cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. I stopped at a farmer's stand and got some fresh cucumber, tomatoes, and corn. I have celery and carrots as well.

As usual, my level of exercise is low, but I'm going to commit to going for a walk before this Sunday evening is up.

I hope everybody is doing well!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #97  
South Beach Babe

S/C/G: 180/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie2275 View Post
Paging Tina!!!!! Where r u, girl?
Haha, I'm here!!!! Sorry, haven't been on this site in a while.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinth View Post
I finally bought The Mediterranean Diet and Sonoma Diet books (used) on amazon today! I'm excited. I don't ever have a shortage of recipe ideas, but I feel like I'd benefit from having a few resources to access on a regular basis.

It's somewhat easy to be "Mediterranean" at this time of year, when everything is in season. I wonder what winter is going to be like??

Today, I made a lentil/bean/rice dish for lunch (and for work lunches this week), and I had a tuna-curry salad in a pita for dinner (tuna, mayo/yogurt, curry powder, celery, raisins, almonds).

For fresh produce, I have a mediocre peach and a mediocre nectarine (you know how they get kind of mealy textured? ick). I'm going to cut them up and freeze them for smoothies. I stopped at a farmer's stand and got some fresh cucumber, tomatoes, and corn. I have celery and carrots as well.

As usual, my level of exercise is low, but I'm going to commit to going for a walk before this Sunday evening is up.

I hope everybody is doing well!
Oooo, all those fresh veggies are making me hungry, haha. I'm always intimidated about stopping at a farmers stand, not sure why! I'm sure I'll have to try it one of these days. Oh, and about the peaches, I totally know what you mean, it's so hard to find a good one!!
TinaTiny82 is offline   Reply With Quote