Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 237/219/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, I walked 4 miles today at the Zoo!

I am also doing much better at refusing to eat food my husband helpfully makes "for me". I hate to hurt his feelings, but I have told him I don't want to eat "x" already! A lot of times I would eat things I did not even want because I felt like I couldn't refuse after he went to the trouble. NSV for me!
heatherinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Height: 5'4"

Good day today! Feeling upbeat, slimmer and healthier...it's so much easier to keep going when you feel like that.
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #33  

Having another good eating day (so far!). Had pork loin for dinner. I also got my workout in this morning.
Have to leave soon, but hope everyone is doing well.
Heather
Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #34  

Not much new going on today, but I want to keep this thread going -- where is everyone??? I hope you're all still on track and still eating that good Sonoma way!
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #35  

Hi Everyone!
I weighed in today and I lost 2 pounds! Yay!
I am not sure how long it was since that last weigh in when I lost nothing for two weeks and got all disgusted and nearly gave up. Been doing better here lately with the eating and exercise. Now only 72 more pounds to go, lol.
Heather
Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #36  

I'm glad someone is still posting here! I gained weight but I am hoping it is just TOM because I was "good" all weekend.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #37  

I am still here! I am making the marinated flank steak for dinner; just got it all done and it is setting...

Thinfor5minutes, it feels so unfair when you KNOW you did a good job and don't see positive results. Just don't be like I was and let it discourage you. Who knows, I could have lost even more weight by now if I hadn't let a couple weeks of no loss throw me off course. I hope everything works out and you show a loss next time.

Heather in SC
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #38  

Well it is not my T.O.M. and I have totally fallen off the wagon so I have no excuse.........I need to rethink what is going on with me. Heather it is good to hear you are feeling good about it though. I have not been walking or doing very well with my exercises. I don't know..........very bummed and feel I need to get my motive back.
dorothygailflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM   #39  

Hi, dorothygailflyer! It is good to hear from you. I know what you mean about falling off the wagon, but hopefully you will be able to get back on. I got to thinking I liked the way I felt when I ate better, healthier food. Maybe that will help you to think about that as well. It took me a few weeks to decide it was better to keep trying.
Heather
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 AM   #40  

Better today...I got on the scale and it was back down. Must've been "water retention."
Old 02-24-2009, 09:36 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 187/179/145

Height: 5'7"

Wow, I am so inspired "lurking" and reading your posts. I started cooking "the Sonoma way" a couple of weeks ago by mistake. My 15 year old daughter and I found a couple of good recipes in the Sonoma Diet Cookbook and tried them. I thought, this diet should be a good thing. I didn't realize the sugar and white flour ban until the second "true" day of the eating plan. WOW! I love pasta, pizza, chocolate cake. I have shied away from eating plans that limit flour and sugar in the past. I have to say, the third day on the plan my head hurt so bad. I'm understanding now that I had a physical reaction to the elimination of sugar.
While I've lost about 8 pounds in 8 days (I realize it's just first weeks water loss), the real advantage is the leveling off of my emotions. I hope it's not placebo. I'm in the process of mourning the loss of some of my favorite food "friends." I'm not sure where this process will take me. I just know it is the most healthy I've felt at the beginning of a new eating plan. Time will tell.
Cherry
CherryC9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #42  

Hi, Cherry -- pizza and pasta are not totally gone from your life - but they are in the forms you were used to. You can eat whole grain pasta and make your pizza crust from whole grain flour (or buy it at Trader Joe's the way I do sometimes). You can even find recipes for desserts that are "on plan." It just takes more thought and planning, but it can be done and you can be satisfied.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 PM   #43  

Hi, Cherry, good to see you posting!

You can also make pizza with whole grain pita or tortilla as the crust. It is pretty good! The Sonoma Cookbook is great too. Glad you joined us.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I'm glad you all kept this thread going. I have been on and off plan. Tomorrow is ash wednesday and I have already made a decision to try to go meatless for lent. I'm still planning to do that. I will be eating fish. This should be interesting. Hopefully it will help to get me refocused.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #45  

Hi Petra, good to hear from you.
Is Lent 40 days? I think you could go meatless if you try to plan really carefully. I have been sort of on and off plan too, but more on than off and I feel better for it.
Hope you can regain your focus.